Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

i thot it was gonna be more nature-y so now i think that sweater is just some sweater she bought and not merch, i’m so sad lol now i gotta find out where i can buy it

UbsOye5.png

Um I just realized the title is stylized as Norman Fucking Rockwell with an exclamation point "Norman Fucking Rockwell!" both on the album cover and the site, I'm not here for that

Like I know the music will make all this go away for me but like I'm being nitpicky right now

I'm usually with the consensus on here, but I have to disagree. The cover suits the lyrics. The comic book font + neon outfit + American flag is a summary of her and this album. She's always been enamored with the past, she's all about Americana, and her kitsch taste (which makes us all cringe at times) is right in your face. The album will literally end with a song with the lyrics...

Smiling for miles in pink dresses and high heels on white yachts,

But I'm not, baby, I'm not. No I'm not that, I'm not.

Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad

Calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say, "Hi, Dad."

Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have

But I have it. Yeah, I have it.

She's literally reaching out her hand just as she mentions it in Mariners Apartment Complex (I thought that was obvious lmao), Cali's in the background because for some reason this woman is obsessed with the landscape/history of it. Venice Bitch was inspired by it and she included her cover of Doin' Time which mentions Long Beach? The cities are on fire because you know this woman is into chaos and she's corny like that. The sky's painted and I think that's obvious what that refers to. It's a collage of what this album is about and I love it. I'm also starting to notice the cohesion in the lyrics relistening to the songs and snippets...

You fucked me so good, that I almost said "I love you"

then she has a song that comes later on the tracklist called, "Fuck It, I Love You!" Going by the titles, she fantasizes about a happy future (How to Disappear), they find solace temporarily {?}(California), then reality sets in and she realizes she can't change him (The Next Best American Record) and are we surprised? I'm ready for the damn album!

Considering the title of the album, I reckon the physical release of the album cover will be censored somehow.... There’s no way shops like Target or HMV will allow it but who knows.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Considering the title of the album, I reckon the physical release of the album cover will be censored somehow.... There’s no way shops like Target or HMV will allow it but who knows.

she probably put the tiny ass title in the corner for this reason specifically

I’m glad she shot this cover. This album deserves an over the top cover that’s campy. On top of that it also has a concept and isn’t just her standing by a car looking at a camera like a lot of people wanted. The pained sky, the fire in the back, the american flag behind her, her holding this man, her reaching out to us, the 60s comic book text, it all fits. It’s supposed to be over the top and kinda tacky, it’s camp. This album’s called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’, it has a 10 minute long song, it has a song with a title that’s 16 words long. A regular boring cover wouldn’t be right.

qfrWuBl.png

Ok now she's reviving BAR she should just delete the White Musty video and make it again with the correct song  :hooker:  There's probably deleted scenes where she was actually lip syncing

I'm reading the comments on this thread saying she said it was shot in December and was too lazy to shoot her other idea. Where did she say this?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Ok now she's reviving BAR she should just delete the White Musty video and make it again with the correct song  :hooker:  There's probably deleted scenes where she was actually lip syncing

she must really regret releasing it with WM

I’m glad she shot this cover. This album deserves an over the top cover that’s campy. On top of that it also has a concept and isn’t just her standing by a car looking at a camera like a lot of people wanted. The pained sky, the fire in the back, the american flag behind her, her holding this man, her reaching out to us, the 60s comic book text, it all fits. It’s supposed to be over the top and kinda tacky, it’s camp. This album’s called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’, it has a 10 minute long song, it has a song with a title that’s 16 words long. A regular boring cover wouldn’t be right.

this but the cover is still shit

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL