Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

When I first saw the cover I few hours ago I was super unsure about it, but the more I look and it and think about it, the more I like it. Now I think I love it.

It doesn't seem like it matches the snippets, but I also kind of think that may be deliberate and to be fair we haven't actually heard as many songs as we're pretending we have. Think back to the snippet she posted of Venice Bitch before releasing the full track. It sounded nothing like what we actually got. I have a feeling this album has lot more going on than we think it does.

Love the kitchy American vibes of the cover, it fits really well with the title Normal Fucking Rockwell. It's almost like this one big joke, which is exactly what the title sounds like, but we've got California burning in the background with the painted sky which gives the campy image a slightly more serious undertone. Not crazy about the text but I don't hate it, and think it might not be on the actual vinyls.

I really hope The Next Best American Record is reworked. I love the version we have but it does sound like a demo and doesn't sound instrumentally connected to what we have so far. 

Doin' Time is amazing so I can't really complain about having it on vinyl, even if at first glance it seems like it doesn't fit in. We haven't heard the album so maybe she found a way to place it cohesively. I get why the label would want it, but she could've tacked it on the end as a bonus track, so the fact that she's playing it early makes me think it's for a reason.

Also very surprised to see that Hope closes the album. Will be interesting to see how it fits with the rest of the album, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be the final song. 

sooo excited for the greatest, fiily, iyc, bar (hopefully reworked), and title track

i know tg and fiily are going to be fucking amazing considering they seem to be getting a very creative themed music video. i feel the surf rock in my veins already.

I'm usually with the consensus on here, but I have to disagree. The cover suits the lyrics. The comic book font + neon outfit + American flag is a summary of her and this album. She's always been enamored with the past, she's all about Americana, and her kitsch taste (which makes us all cringe at times) is right in your face. The album will literally end with a song with the lyrics...

Smiling for miles in pink dresses and high heels on white yachts,

But I'm not, baby, I'm not. No I'm not that, I'm not.

Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad

Calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say, "Hi, Dad."

Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have

But I have it. Yeah, I have it.

She's literally reaching out her hand just as she mentions it in Mariners Apartment Complex (I thought that was obvious lmao), Cali's in the background because for some reason this woman is obsessed with the landscape/history of it. Venice Bitch was inspired by it and she included her cover of Doin' Time which mentions Long Beach? The cities are on fire because you know this woman is into chaos and she's corny like that. The sky's painted and I think that's obvious what that refers to. It's a collage of what this album is about and I love it. I'm also starting to notice the cohesion in the lyrics relistening to the songs and snippets...

You fucked me so good, that I almost said "I love you"

then she has a song that comes later on the tracklist called, "Fuck It, I Love You!" Going by the titles, she fantasizes about a happy future (How to Disappear), they find solace temporarily {?}(California), then reality sets in and she realizes she can't change him (The Next Best American Record) and are we surprised? I'm ready for the damn album!

Yup! This is her best album cover to date, and you articulated why perfectly.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Not crazy about the text but I don't hate it, and think it might not be on the actual vinyls.

yes! exactly what i thought too. they almost look like "stickers" to me. meant to be cutesy and funny

When I first saw the cover I few hours ago I was super unsure about it, but the more I look and it and think about it, the more I like it. Now I think I love it.

It doesn't seem like it matches the snippets, but I also kind of think that may be deliberate and to be fair we haven't actually heard as many songs as we're pretending we have. Think back to the snippet she posted of Venice Bitch before releasing the full track. It sounded nothing like what we actually got. I have a feeling this album has lot more going on than we think it does.

Love the kitchy American vibes of the cover, it fits really well with the title Normal Fucking Rockwell. It's almost like this one big joke, which is exactly what the title sounds like, but we've got California burning in the background with the painted sky which gives the campy image a slightly more serious undertone. Not crazy about the text but I don't hate it, and think it might not be on the actual vinyls.

Thank you!! 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

We really thought Lana was gonna re-create this. Clowns. All of us.

k6W8RQ5FaGDIrmarfe3X_1082048879.jpeg

Also where it says 'N.R' it could have had 'L.D.R' ugh how iconic that would have been

6eU1uHj.png

Suddenly my most anticipated track is The Greatest

I believe in Jack

I really hope The Next Best American Record is reworked. I love the version we have but it does sound like a demo and doesn't sound instrumentally connected to what we have so far.

Doin' Time is amazing so I can't really complain about having it on vinyl, even if at first glance it seems like it doesn't fit in. We haven't heard the album so maybe she found a way to place it cohesively. I get why the label would want it, but she could've tacked it on the end as a bonus track, so the fact that she's playing it after Venice Bitch makes me think it's for a reason.

Also very surprised to see that Hope closes the album. Will be interesting to see how it fits with the rest of the album, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be the final song.

You took the words from my mouth. Also I can see the NFR and LDR logos being stickers or printed on the vinyl shrink wrap instead of the actual jacket

Only thing I am hoping is that How to Disappear has changed. In the instagram snippet she shared, when she sings disappear she just stops and there's a gap of silence. When she performed it later on at the Apple conference, she extended the disappe-eeeee-eee-aar, which is an amazing addition to the song. So I hope she rerecorded that.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Update: I just re-checked and she shot this in February, which means this is the cover he wanted her to shoot. So don’t worry you can still hate him! Xoxoxoxo

Why would we hate him for pushing her to shoot an actually interesting cover with a concept instead of just letting her keep the boring uninspired pic that’s probably in the vein of that sewer pic, or probably even literally the sewer pic, as the cover..

qfrWuBl.png

Only thing I am hoping is that How to Disappear has changed. In the instagram snippet she shared, when she sings disappear she just stops and there's a gap of silence. When she performed it later on at the Apple conference, she extended the disappe-eeeee-eee-aar, which is an amazing addition to the song. So I hope she rerecorded that.

Saaaame I really thought about it

Disappe-eeeeee-eeer is just amazing

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Update: I just re-checked and she shot this in February, which means this is the cover he wanted her to shoot. So don’t worry you can still hate him! Xoxoxoxo

So you would rather have HIADTHJFENJKEGNFIKJSNFKJNFSJNF part two as an album cover with a selfie? Got it! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

all of y'all analysing the cover photo as to what lana may have intended when we all know this puta was just bored on a boat, got chuck to grab her busted iphone 6 to take a few photos and lana thought "yup thats the one right there lets slap some ugly mismatched pop art on and the gays will be satisfied"

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Is there a download link to all of the snippets somewhere?

all of y'all analysing the cover photo as to what lana may have intended when we all know this puta was just bored on a boat, got chuck to grab her busted iphone 6 to take a few photos and lana thought "yup thats the one right there lets slap some ugly mismatched pop art on and the gays will be satisfied"

yea that photo was absolutely taken with an iphone