Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Oh god I hope the entire album ISN'T piano ballads only, even tho I love piano ballads it would be a BORE listening an entire album with this style 

who even said that

Don't remember, I read somewhere there would be 2 surprise feats

original.gif

Ok I’m giving up reading through the past 22 pages. I wanna share my thoughts. :hooker:

Is the cover art tragic? Yes. It’s ugly af but I wouldn’t expect less, I mean, just look at the single’s covers. And I somehow feel that I wouldn’t want it any other way! It’s definitely not pretty, my immediate reaction was that I thought it was some ugly fan made cover, but I get the feeling that Lana kind of did have a plan. Sorta?? She’s been excellent at posting the ugliest covers this era, so I guess it’s a pattern? I honestly don’t mind the cover art that much, I’m just so sick of this past year of endless teasing that I’ll take anything as long as I get to hear the songs.

And you know that I’m a Yosemite supporter along with cult leader salvatore but... the moment she said this album would be some sad girl shit, my hopes for Yosemite to be on the tracklist died a little. If she wasn’t happy enough to put it on LFL, she didn’t sound like she was in that happy place now either. But, that line in MAC, “I ain’t no candle in the wind”, still kept my hopes up.

Now that we have the tracklist, I’d say it’s only natural that BAR (or BNAR!) should be on it. The lyrics are all about the same theme she said NFR had! I do recall us discussing BAR being on the album a couple of months ago, and I guess we weren’t so far away from the truth! The only problem I’ll have is if she put the leaked version of BAR on the album... I really wish to see it reworked, both the instrumental and the lyrics, at least a little. If it turns out to be the exact same version... our girl is truly the queen of being lazy.

So yeah, BAR belongs on the album, Yosemite... perhaps not. But I do hope she’ll put it on an album some day.

Really glad that Bartender made it! I know how many of us here have been curious to hear it!

But also... I haven’t played any of the snippets for months, I’ve only played VB, MAC, hope and Doin Time to death. But I’m still bummed that we know so many of the tracks already. :/ I really, REALLY hope this album is worth the wait. I don’t know if I can be excited for a next album if this one isn’t good to my ears. :(

Aaaand I wasn’t expecting DT to be on the album to be honest. I guess I got Coachella-d again. :flop:

But yeah, my overall impression: I’m tired of all this teasing and waiting, just gimme the songs, I don’t care about anything else lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Oh god I hope the entire album ISN'T piano ballads only, even tho I love piano ballads it would be a BORE listening an entire album with this style

There are albums that are piano driven and still incredibly beautiful and not boring at all. Beautiful Lies by Birdy is an example, and I think Memoirs by Mariah Carey could be another one

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Everyone who hates the album cover is just being fucking negative. Grow up & accept that she’s changing.

Ok now that the album cover lovers stopped reading: who’s gonna take one for the team and photoshop her into a dress with her hair blowing in the wind? The Superman text HAS to go. Let’s make this godawful cover into a beautiful sight :hooker:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Everyone who hates the album cover is just being fucking negative. Grow up & accept that she’s changing

Ok now that the album cover lovers stopped reading: who’s gonna take one for the team and photoshop her into a dress with her hair blowing in the wind? The Superman text HAS to go.

You read my fucking mind that's EXACTLY what I'm gonna do

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

actually no it's fucking stupid, if that record means that she moved on and that it's a new chapter for her then why end it with a sad song that talks about the past and that says that hope is a dangerous thing? it ends on a negative note which is really contradictory.. she should've ended it with either Venice Bitch or hell even Mariners.. especially cuz of the line "you loose your way just take my hand" blabla. it would be a great closing track considering the cover of her handing her hand and inviting us to leave the past and dive into a hopeful positive future

"Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have BUT I HAVE IT". It's a positive note for the future

~?~

Everyone who hates the album cover is just being fucking negative. Grow up & accept that she’s changing.

Ok now that the album cover lovers stopped reading: who’s gonna take one for the team and photoshop her into a dress with her hair blowing in the wind? The Superman text HAS to go. Let’s make this godawful cover into a beautiful sight :hooker:

I was about to beat your ass for a second 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Can't believe there's people trashing the album cover. :oprah3:

Yeah, it might not be her best cover, but I really like the background of the photo and how pretty she looks there. :oprah:

I don't mind the font tbh, it fits perfectly with the aesthetic of the photo. :oprah3:

If you don't like it, okay, it's fine, but that cover is a serve and that's an actual fact. Period. :oprah3:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

ENOUGH about the tragic cover art WHAT single are we getting tomorrow with the pre-order :party:

I saw Honeymouns say that the title track is supposed to be released next

~?~

I really wish I was excited for this one as I was for the previous ones, but I guess all the laziness during this pre-era plus the endless waiting made me be like ''ok, I need to hear it but I'm not excited af and almost going crazy for it''.

I hope the content is worth all the waiting and make us be like ''holy fuck this is far more than I was expecting, best aoty and for sure one of her best'''

original.gif

I think Venice will be an edit. I just dont know how well a 10 minute song will work at track #3.

Prob cut it down to 5 min or so.

she better not

original.gif