Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The only thing I really hate about the cover is the little explodey cartoon bit behind the title? The font isn't great, but if that wasn't there and the title was a little further to the left, it'd be fine. 

I actually don't mind her wearing the ugly windbreaker and having neon nails. She's always had a way of juxtaposing low-class, everyday things with her phony, vintage-glamorous pastiche. I kind of love the romantic pose with her outstretched arm with the American flag right behind her, and California on fire in the background, all while she's dressed like some instagram mom with her beatnik boyfriend. It's like...so her. 

Of course my favourite album cover of hers is Honeymoon, so I think it's safe to say that I'm not the majority. 

SO happy with the cover omg :defeated:

Honestly idk what I was expecting but I wasn't expecting THAT!! Chuck's magnum opus!! This really feels like a turning point in her discography (even though imo it was perfect already)

And even though the cover is different to the previous albums, it still flows really well - NFR is now another phase in the journey, where she has travelled across America and now has to leave to a new land, and she is taking us with her!! 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Notice how she didn't break the tradition of the title track being first or second on the tracklist

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The music is the only thing that’s going to save this era so I pray that it’s worth the wait.

I don’t want “bangers” but god, I hope so badly that they won’t all be the same-sounding boring ballads.

I was so fucking excited to hear about the RHCP vibes & surfy/rock undertones but we’ve yet to hear them with the exception of VB, probably. I hope at least some of them have stayed true to her description though we know how that goes with miss thing :creep:

I’m so excited to hear but I also am afraid to get my hopes up :defeated:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Loved the aesthetic for the cover, it'll look gorgeous on vinyl.

BUUUUT I really hope we get a box (and I hope they ship to Brazil) cause I want a Lana box sooo badly

original.gif

So it’s the cover she shot in December and this is the “worst one” Ben wanted to scrap… why the fuck he wanted to scrap this cover?! And what was the other idea she was “too lazy to shoot”?

MaLqMzZ.png

only acceptable cover

sorry, but this

packshot.jpg

is the only artwork that will appear in all music stories and streaming platforms worldwide!