Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I think I'm reading too much into it but I think her "random" outfit really makes sense like the city started to burn all of sudden and they had to rush to escape from the fires. In the back cover there's no fire and in the cover the fire is there so it makes me think that the whole thing started very quickly and all of sudden so they had to hurry to escape KVh0brl.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

After listening to the snippet, I think theres a chance that chorus opens up into something pretty and happy. But not like jumping for joy happy..like laying in grass and watching the clouds kind of happy. :smile:

Where is this so called Yosemite snippet you speak about?

i really do think that if she was wearing her hair down and ditched the font and the random guy it really could've been ICONIC. but here we are :crying:

People will think better of the cover the more they see it and more they relate it to the songs and album.

I don't know why but I get such 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' vibes from 'Fuck It I Love You' :rip: 

I think I'm reading too much into it but I think her "random" outfit really makes sense like the city started to burn all of sudden and they had to rush to escape from the fires. In the back cover there's no fire and in the cover the fire is there so it makes me think that the whole thing started very quickly and all of sudden so they had to hurry to escape KVh0brl.gif

Let's get outta this town baby we're on fire

I was a big-time believer that Happiness Is A Butterfly would explode into a psychedelic dream, but now that we know it's right before Hope, I guess it will stay as a piano ballad. HOWEVER, there are still chances it's Venice Bitch-ed, and then Hope serves as a real closing track, kind of like the credits song of a film. 

Maybe HIAB could be the real epic closer like Old Money and Hope will be the credits like The Other Woman YES.

So I get the iconic visual references such as Cali on fire in the background, she still has a vessel of some-sort (not a car, truck or van, but a boat) and the oil painted sky (representing Norman Rockwell painting) with the American flag flying. But the comic book font is killing me :facepalm: and the random dude (though I get that he's a famous actor's relative); he's got too much screen time on the front and back for my personal taste. Glad that BAR made the tracklist and I'm hoping that "IYC" makes it also and is just renamed. Doin' Time is a bit of a surprise since I was thinking it was only for the Sublime Doc and on its soundtrack.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Okay I’ve analyzed the picture long enough.

With a dress & her hair flowing in the wind, it would’ve made a world of a difference.

Her nails aren’t great but I can look past that. Without the text it looks way better too. I wish someone would’ve advised her but oh well.

The tracklist is annoying considering we’ve heard most of them but we knew that would be the case, I’m just excited to hear the 3 (?) songs we haven’t heard at all and the songs she’s been teasing for so long. BAR is old news but I’m glad it got it’s fitting home & I hope it’s been reworked at least so that we can say some aspects are new to us.

Doin time should’ve never been on the album though, I’m CHUCKling at that.

It’s coming gays & girls, it’s finally here. Can you believe this torture is coming to an end?

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I also think when she said the last 3 songs are guitar-driven and psychedelic, it must now be the first few or middle songs, concluding our theory that Love Song will explode into a psychedelic bop

I think I'm reading too much into it but I think her "random" outfit really makes sense like the city started to burn all of sudden and they had to rush to escape from the fires. In the back cover there's no fire and in the cover the fire is there so it makes me think that the whole thing started very quickly and all of sudden so they had to hurry to escape KVh0brl.gif

omg your mind...

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I believe in a place you take me

Make you real proud of your baby

In your car, i'm a star

And i'm burning through you

*waves crash*

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The only "complaint" I have is that I wish the artwork was more vivid, instead of so pale, but I guess it fits the music better.

I adore the album cover. The more I look at it, the more I think it could've not been better. Even the picture that we got last September and that I absolutely loved is nothing compared to the actual cover. I really don't understand how some of you call it her worst album cover ever. It's different for once, she's not just standing stupidly with a car behind her, she's inviting us on her boat, the reference to MAC's lyrics is brillant, the painting of the sky is genius too, it's such a subtile reference to NR the painter.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~