Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

can y'all please tell me what's so "funny" about the cover? like i don't get it

The fact that it's fucking ridiculous and she knows it

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I think that she said YOSEMITE IS TOO HAPPY FOR LUST FOR LIFE

After listening to the snippet, I think theres a chance that chorus opens up into something pretty and happy. But not like jumping for joy happy..like laying in grass and watching the clouds kind of happy. :smile:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I don't get most of the complaining... at all.

For the whole "wow no car" "she's not wearing white"

I always saw Lust For Life as a full circle moment that closed something that started with Born To Die (She's also not wearing white or infront or any car in that beautiful-mess-airbrushed Paradise edition cover). Even "Get Free" sounded like she was trying to close a chapter in her whole life.

Norman Fucking Rockwell seems like the first step of something brand new. Out of the black, into the blue. Sis literally in the middle of the ocean while California is on fire behind her NNNN

I guess the whole composition might not work for some people tho and that's ok, that's valid. Just awkward to be mad she's not "INFRONT OF ANY CAR" or this type of stuff.

I, personally, love the aesthetic. It's a giant hybrid of Comic-Style, Real painting (background) and photography.

can y'all please tell me what's so "funny" about the cover? like i don't get it

it's so kitschy (I mean the album title is Norman Fucking Rockwell, we can't expect the normal album cover from her) it reminds me of her Paris Match shoot which was one of my favorites from her 

sgopYhV.gif

yeah the more i look at the cover the more i realize what's wrong with it. the guy's expression is so fucking terrible and it's yet another poor angle for lana............ chuck im gonna fucking fight u i can take better pictures than that in a storage container for fuck's sake

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I always saw Lust For Life as a full circle moment that closed something that started with Born To Die (She's also not wearing white or infront or any car in that beautiful-mess-airbrushed Paradise edition cover). Even "Get Free" sounded like she was trying to close a chapter in her whole life.

Norman Fucking Rockwell seems like the first step of something brand new. Out of the black, into the blue. Sis literally in the middle of the ocean while California is on fire behind her NNNN

I guess the whole composition might not work for some people tho and that's ok, that's valid. Just awkward to be mad she's not "INFRONT OF ANY CAR" or this type of stuff.

I, personally, love the aesthetic. It's a giant hybrid of Comic-Style, Real painting (background) and photography.

YES!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

No one is mad she's not in front of a car wearing white. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven