Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I really don't mind the artwork but that font... Doesn't make sense, especially when you compare it to the one used for the back cover.
Perhaps the physical album will feature a sticker for the title and LDR, liberating the cover from these (sorry not sorry) eye sore. Besides that, the cover has an interesting concept. I thought the smoke was clouds in the distance but having the city on fire makes you wonder... I like the brushes touches at the end but wonder why they didn't do the same for the back cover. 

The tracklist is interesting too. She had a blast with these long titles, eh ? 

Too bad we already heard basically half of the album. I tried to listen to "Cinnamon" as little as possible but hey, I'm just a man... Excited to hear it in full ! 

Anyway, looking forward to it! And the videos! And the rest. AH it started !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Some stans, they want the same thing over and over. Same car, same outfit. She’s done 4 albums with cars time to move on. It’s boats now!

Most people stuck on the car is because the car thing was supposedly some sort of storyline, I think even Lana confirmed this... ppl probs were just curious where else it’d go.. 

now we see its been burnt Nd the journey continue on a boat :D

he's the grandson of jack nicholson, who was a significant figure in the hollywood counterculture of the 60/70s; why she picked him specifically is anyone's guess.

pretty sure the burning land represents the california fires, yeah. she posted a lot about them when the last crisis was ongoing, so maybe she was affected/inspired by them. not the first time they inspire LA writers/artists.

idk if the sky is a direct reference to rockwell or just to painting in general, bc it's not in rockwell's painting style at all. she mentioned painting a while ago so maybe she painted it herself? lol idk.

i don't think the photo itself was photoshopped; imo the different light in lana's face is intentional and maybe done in post-prod to highlight her from the rest of the (p busy) cover.

thanks for sharing this knowledge! im a foreigner so idk much about american culture

giphy.gif

I AM SO FUCKING HAPPY THIS ALBUM WILL SAVE MY YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'LL BE SO BUSY LISTENING TO IT, ENJOYING IT, ANALYZING IT AHHHHHHH :defeated:

HAPPINESS IS A BUTTERFLY :defeated: :DEFEATED:

Most people stuck on the car is because the car thing was supposedly some sort of storyline, I think even Lana confirmed this... ppl probs were just curious where else it’d go.. 

now we see its been burnt Nd the journey continue on a boat :D

I can't believe Lana is a ASOUE fan... next one will be her next to a tree  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

guys this is literally the first era i experience (idk what word to use) and i know nothing, does preorder mean just preorder on apple music or she'll start selling music and merch on her online store? also could someone tell what the approximate price for the limited (colored) vinyl or boxset will be on her website? i mean, what was it in case of previous albums? + i'm wondering about international shipping costs

Pre-Order means you'll be able to pre-save the album on stream and also order the physical versions of the album\bundles.

Colored Vinyl and Boxset depends on what they'll be doing for it. 

Honeymoon Boxset was just the album + lito prints and a physical booklet formated as a book I believe.

Ultraviolence on the other hand had a picture disc or something along 4 lito prints and the album 

Vinyl will be probably around 25\30 dollars as "usual" unless there's something special going on. Other retailers like Urban Outfitters probably will have variants with different cover\color so it's cool to take a look around once everything is announced (and I wouldn't worry of things selling out so fast, small tip)

her confidence

her inviting hand

the instabaddie outfit

the painted sky

california on fire

the random guy

the angle

:defeated:

kinda hope we're not getting this double video before the album bc I want all the songs to sound as fresh as possible.

plus Chuck said that it's the most amazing album of all time so I have high hopes

her confidence

her inviting hand

the instabaddie outfit

the painted sky

california on fire

the random guy

the angle

:defeated:

the math aint there sis

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I was a big-time believer that Happiness Is A Butterfly would explode into a psychedelic dream, but now that we know it's right before Hope, I guess it will stay as a piano ballad. HOWEVER, there are still chances it's Venice Bitch-ed, and then Hope serves as a real closing track, kind of like the credits song of a film.