Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Like this if u won't listen to the any new song she will put out before the album release

i usually am very quick to listen to her new songs but i really want to try and hold off on listening to any new singles now so i can be surprised during the release. tho, if we get song samples on iTunes, i’ll most likely listen to those.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I adore the album cover. The more I look at it, the more I think it could've not been better. Even the picture that we got last September and that I absolutely loved is nothing compared to the actual cover. I really don't understand how some of you call it her worst album cover ever. It's different for once, she's not just standing stupidly with a car behind her, she's inviting us on her boat, the reference to MAC's lyrics is brillant, the painting of the sky is genius too, it's such a subtile reference to NR the painter.

Totally agreed. I was enamored with the first promotional image, but this IS Norman Fucking Rockwell, while that was just a taste of the colors. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I adore the album cover. The more I look at it, the more I think it could've not been better. Even the picture that we got last September and that I absolutely loved is nothing compared to the actual cover. I really don't understand how some of you call it her worst album cover ever. It's different for once, she's not just standing stupidly with a car behind her, she's inviting us on her boat, the reference to MAC's lyrics is brillant, the painting of the sky is genius too, it's such a subtile reference to NR the painter.

Finally an INTELECTUAL

The visible painting strokes, her pose, her facial expression, California on fire, the American flag. The more that I look at it, the more I love it. It has movement and has a story going on. It's really going to vibe well with the songs.

The Norman Fucking Rockwell hit single 'Doin' Time' is now the NUMBER ONE SONG on Triple A Radio

A day!

What if the guy on the cover is part of the upcoming double video somehow? Like, I'm expecting some type of narrative on this upcoming video. I believe we have no idea of when the cover was actually shot so it could be part of the video shot somehow too?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0lqLAmhLfR/

Chuck only tagged Jack and Laura for production so I guess BAR has been reworked by him.. idk what Zach Dawes is doing though

From her Elle UK June 2017 Interview:

Lana is enjoying being part of a music scene in LA where her friends include photographer Emma Tillman (also the wife ofsinger-songwriter Father John Misty), Zach Dawes, who has played bass with the British super-group The Last Shadow Puppets, and musicians Jonathan Wilson and Cam Avery. They play music together, which is not something she's done with friends before.

Zach Dawes' involvement has me excited. From Wikipedia:

Dawes spent many years assisting and playing bass for American record producer T Bone Burnett. He played bass on The Hunger Games soundtrack, True Detective, Nashville (season 1), A Place at the Table, Lisa Marie Presley's Storm and Grace, The Secret Sisters, Inside Llewyn Davis and The New Basement Tapes.

Someone else is overseeing the Catching Fire soundtrack, but T-Bone Burnett did the first one. I've previously expressed my desire for Lana to work with him on my covers show podcast. I'd love it if this were true and they brought T-Bone back to do this one.

As for someone new she should work with, T Bone Burnett:

I wish she'd just work with T Bone Burnett, but Zach Dawes might be the next best thing.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

ummm is shop.lanadelrey.com not working for anyone else??? I hope it comes back soon without the password protection

it's shoplanadelrey.com but it's still password protected :(

paradise is a hell-colored flame sky

ummm is shop.lanadelrey.com not working for anyone else??? I hope it comes back soon without the password protection

Will probably work tomorrow as soon as the pre-order starts?

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

im so damn excited im literally shaking :rip: and the fact that a gorgeous submissive twink is coming home in less than an hour... best day of the year?!?!