Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Season of the Witch is amazing, definitely adding it into the NFR album when it comes out

Makes me want to spooky dance while the windows are open and curtains are flowing during a storm BOI

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I really love Lana’s version of Season of the Witch. I can’t decide though if I like it better than Donovan’s. I found it was very different, especially during the latter half so it’s difficult to compare. Lana’s is softer and has a bit of a yé-yé flair and is exactly the type of song I’ve always wanted from her but at the same time, I love the reverby guitars of the original. But Lana’s soft girlish vocals and those cute backing vocals made the song sound like it was coming from a high priestess with her coven behind her. Now I’m ready for autumn to begin.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Off topic but am I the only person who finds the “fed” “feeding” “hungry” terminology really gross and annoying? Spuke

i like ‘breastfed’ more :hooker:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

I had never ever heard the "feed" lingo before I got here, but it makes me LOL!

Besides, Lana talks about food so much it kinda makes sense. Ms. Hot Potato, Ice Cream, Pizza Pie, etc.  :teehee:

Btw, I think Lana's dream man is actually Patrick Swayze 'cuz I don't know of anyone else who can spin her round like a record and throw her in the air like a pizza all at the same time.  Lana dream date: :lmao:

Dirty-Dancing-lift_l.jpg

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Oh wow, I am madly in love with how SOTW would sound if I were able to listen to it.  :hooker:  I want to drive somewhere cold, drink a pumpkin beer, and listen to it on repeat. In New Zealand.  :hooker:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Some of y’all literally need Jesus. I can’t imagine y’all stanning for other artist that make you wait YEARS to put out a project. I know this is completely irrelevant but, I have been stanning the rap group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony since I was 13 and the amount of lies they’ve told and scrapped projects/songs make Lana seem like the best artist to stan for. I have literally been waiting for a full length group project since like 2010. The amount of release dates and promises that they have not fulfilled would make y’all go insane. The amount of unreleased songs that sound amazing is insane and even when they do eventually release them or leak them they’re completely changed from what they were originally supposed to be. The amount of times they claimed they would return to their original sound only to steer away even more and release something completely different. Yet here I am 10 years later still hanging on bopping to their music and past albums because I’m still a fan of their music. Not so much of them as much anymore because as you get older you realize things I guess. But anyway if y’all want a more modern artist... Nicki waited 4 fucking years to release an album that wasn’t even that great, but still here I am a stan of hers even though I kind of hate her lol. Hoping that her next album will redeem her. You don’t just drop an artist just because one project or song wasn’t what you wanted or what you were hoping for. Plus stan Twitter has made “eras” trendy and I guess artist feel the need to keep changing to make every era different for everyone. Y’all just seem like y’all have a personal relationship with her, which is the first mistake you made lol.

Not everyone has the same tolerance for bullshit, KingJay. I can't justify spending money on someone -not to mention time- and getting nothing in return besides disrespect. I don't have enough space in my mind or my life to waste. Respect isn't love, it isn't reverence, it isn't adulation. You don't need to have a personal relationship with someone to show them a little bit of respect, which in this case, when we're talking about artists, translates to a certain level of honesty. Not even transparency, just a basic consideration for the people who've supported you all these years. Caring enough to pick up your phone and type a few words to let people know what's going on. No details, no walls of text, no apologies... Just an "album delayed indefinitely" tweet is better than nothing. It's common courtesy in my opinion.

By the way, what you're describing is very much a personal relationship, only completely one-sided and unhealthy. What you're saying is that we should feel obligated to continue supporting an artist even when they're putting out art we don't like, because...? Loyalty? Loyalty to someone we don't personally know and have never even met? Loyalty to someone who "owes us nothing" (not even common courtesy)? Why on god's green earth? In what way is this logical and sensible? It's like thinking there's a personal relationship there, when there definitely isn't. I'm not running to buy every palette Anastasia Soare releases because I liked Sultry, Soft Glam and Modern Renaissance. If I like what's on offer, you got my attention. If I don't, you're not getting my attention or my money. It really is that simple.

Disclaimer: the comment above should be read in a calm, bored voice. No one is raging or wailing desolately.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

And the TL;DR for those who don't like essays

Yes, you can. Not everyone wants to stan an artist they're no longer interested in. It probably sounds c r a z y , but some people don't want to invest their time for a long time on strangers who happen to make art they like. 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.