Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

kate bush stans had to wait TWELVE years between albums. lana’s given us 5 studio albums, an EP, and basically had her entire career since Kate’s last album.

the good sis is extremely prolific by any standard, let alone for someone who writes their own music

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

I would agree if you had said it had dethroned literally any other song in her discography other than flipside.....

like.... sis......... that song cures diseases

This is what I was thinking too lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

because she lied to us and said it would be out in january lol??

??????????????????????????? No she didn't????????????????????

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I don't see it as much as she lied to us, but rather that she is shit at estimating the time the project will take while making it. It always takes her so much longer than she expected. This applies to all the MV she never «gave us»: It would have taken her too much time for what she had. 

When she said top of the year, she was still clearly recording songs. Plus Jack was working with her only 8-9 days a month on the record (BTW, I'm still impressed by the quantities of songs they did together, given that). 

this might be my lesson with this era: Even if she teases snippets, even if a lead single is out, it might still be a long way from a record. Once the project is done, though, she is to be trusted, especially if she gives the same info more than once (the August release was correct).

Lana never said the album would be out in January. And she also kinda explained what was happening in her miss Daytona account, she obviously couldn't say more. Also is not like she has been idle this whole time, there are pictures of her in the studio in JUNE. she shouldn't be attacked for doing what she thought best for the record, she didn't do it to dipise us...

why do people still think they're owed an explanation as to why lana took so long with the project? there wasn't a deadline. she can release an album whenever she wants. yawn.

Truth. She said it would be out top of the year, instead it's coming out a few months later. And now she's giving us a gorgeous album trailer, 2 awesome cover songs, a beautiful spontaneous song posted on insta, a feature on Charlie's Angels soundtrack, high budget music videos, etc. People are really entitled if they think she owes them an apology, and should probably spend a little bit more time offline and connecting with things that really matter. 

lie is a strong word for someone who literally never gave us an official date. there is no january quote. but keep thinking you’re entitled. convince yourself.

lie is a strong word for someone who literally never gave us an official date.

And lie is even a stronger word for someone who literally never ever said "January"

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I know we all came to the conclusion that neohumanism isn’t Lana but I do think it’s strange that they posted in May the 8.30 release date

Idk how Insta works so idk if it shows when something is edited? Did they edit that post AFTER the announcement?

And lie is even a stronger word for someone who literally never ever said "January"

I’m not getting into this fight, but when someone says “top of the new year” that generally means between January & March. Not after the halfway point of the year.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

the post lfl members of this forum are awful for blowing smoke up each other’s asses and convincing themselves they’re entitled to lana’s content.

patience is a virtue. the album is coming, not like any of you guys even deserve new content from her at this point.

she deadass just banged out her best album in two years and this is how y’all act.

yawn x2.

reminder that lana's an artist and not a corporation

Or is Lizzy the artist, and Lana is her brand?

giphy.gif

I’m not getting into this fight, but when someone says “top of the new year” that generally means between January & March. Not after the halfway point of the year.

She also said in March on Twitter that she doesn't know when it will come out but clearly that is ignored by people because it doesn't run with their "LANA LIED 2 ME!!!!!!!" bullshit

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

reminder that lana's an artist and not a corporation

the post lfl members of this forum are awful for blowing smoke up each other’s asses and convincing themselves they’re entitled to lana’s content.

patience is a virtue. the album is coming, not like any of you guys even deserve new content from her at this point.

she deadass just banged out her best album in two years and this is how y’all act.

yawn x2.

thank you both for being rational

giphy.gif