Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly I think a song would be better than a manifesto from Lana - but if it rings as vapid as her lyricism or poetry, i don't think the world needs it fr. Like Lana's profiting off of people's misplaced emotions around society crumbling and it all just seems so shallow

"We used to only worry about the children at night " -- who's kids? Just the rich white debutantes in pink dresses? Not homeless gay kids on the street, not immigrant children ripped from parents and kept in state custody under armed guard (oh my, guns!), not child laborers abroad sewing shitty merch!

Does Lana "believe in the country America used to be" as in like MAGA or before white Invaders committed genocide against the indigenous people there? (With guns!!)

If only we could all jus sit straight christian white rich and pretty in our Norman fucking Rockwell painting lives and fly the American flag at the 4th of July barbeque and watch fireworks and ignore the bloodshed (from guns!) that vacated the land so the concrete patio could get poured.

Lana can playfully run from cops in Venice Bitch video with no worry, it's just fun with the neighborhood kids! Just be privileged enough and you don't have to worry ab the cops shooting you (with guns!)

Let's just fly the flag and shoot fireworks and ignore all this, and ignore anything that might actually help America confront its culture of violence. It's just a dream I had in mind!

If Lana wants to make a statement so blatantly vapid and ignorant, honestly she should keep it to herself. She's not helping anyone do anything but center her own first world issues and ignore reality.

I don't get why you're taking it this far. She's not a politician or someone who claims to be super woke. She simply writes songs about what she's feeling or observes around her. Why should she keep her feelings to herself when she's a songwriter? Like why be so bitter about it? It's just a song and a beautiful one at that.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Shouldn't you be like reading your Bible in Walmart or something?

Don't you have like a meth dealer to suck off or something?

girl these are some of the cringiest insults I've seen on this website- and thats saying something  :air:

girl these are some of the clingiest insults I've seen on this website- and thats saying something

Him thinking it was good enough to repeat after the first time, just - :deadbanana:

Anyway, album isn't too far away! Excited to hear the songs in full! Glad I have SOTW & LFA to hold me over!

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

I'm sorry, like no offence to Miss Del Rey, but I'm personally glad that she's sticking to offering nice thoughts and singing a wistfully hopeful song. She's got good intentions, it's cute, and from her, it's good enough. I'm not really trying to listen to a Rich, Straight, White woman from New York pontificate on issues like racism, feminism, or transphobia/homophobia, etc. We, and Jack Antonoff, have seen what that looks like. It's simply not her place, and she has nothing of value to offer to the conversation. Anybody implying that they really want to see Lana get her hands dirty and try to tackle complex societal issues has lost it. She's not the one. 

Also, why is this the response to her trying to do a little good with her music? Like the one time she's not just spewing Nostalgic Americana and singing about some dude with tobacco breath, and y'all are mad it's not a marxist folk tune, or something? Ma'am this is Lana Del Rey... 

LFA chorus is rly something ELSE. Pure talent this woman, surreal

Only fireworks when you and I collide is unapologetically some of my fav Lana lyrics ever. I don't care how cheesy it is

ZKcaooE.png

Lana del Rey covering The ballad of Lucy Jordan... A concept

Lana covering literally anything by Marianne Faithfull is my biggest dream  :defeated:

I now want Marxist Folk Tune in addition to Muscle Beach Baby and Jack, I Love These Chords.

She should cover this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgaJb0lQJ84

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I now want Marxist Folk Tune in addition to Muscle Beach Baby and Jack, I Love These Chords.

titles with consistent capitalization? you're a dreamer you dream a lot in your sleep

it's just the way i feel

Midknife

the album we DESERVED:

1. Muscle Beach Baby 

2. Jack I Love These Chords

3. Marxist Folk Tune

4. Midknife

5. __________

6. __________

7. __________

8. __________

9. __________

10. __________

11. __________

12. __________

13. __________

let's play fill in the blanks  :hooker:

it's just the way i feel

Stop overthinking the politicisation of Lana's music. The rampant mass shootings in the US are enough to deeply effect anyone enough to pen a song about. The lack of specificity and dreaminess of the lyrics are just her method of expressing discontent with the current political climate and gun violence. Do you really want her to be more specific? Yeah, there are millions of issues that she could be singing about; there is an endless list of things wrong in the world. But considering the intensity of the media coverage of mass shootings and the potency of gun culture in America, I think this makes sense. I couldn't really imagine her singing about homelessness or trans rights or something (those are valid issues, too). This is something that directly effects all of the US and considering Lana's love for Americana in the past it makes sense that it would effect her on an emotional level. 

The song is great. The lyrics are beautiful. You can criticise the music, but criticising her choice of topic is just so redundant and dumb. Gun violence isn't a first world issue. It's something that effects literally everyone.

tumblr_pb75g64MCD1wufoyho1_500.gif

6NpmVAs.png

i'm not surprised that the fake wokeness would jump out when she released that song. people truly always find a way to spin a situation so they can get offended. it ain't that deep. she's doing more than any of these celebrities with their "sending prayers to the families" tweets are doing. she made a beautiful song about her personal feelings during this time and y'all spin it around to make it seem like she's the devil.

Right? Some of these members on here will be offended because bread is white not black :toofunny:

the album we DESERVED:

1. Muscle Beach Baby 

3. Marxist Folk Tune

4. Midknife

5. __________

6. __________

7. Stew

8. __________

9. __________

10. Internalised Misogyny

11. __________

12. And All My White T-Shirts (Are Ruined, Bitch)

13. __________

Your move, @movebaby

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Your move, @movebaby

the album we DESERVED:

1. Muscle Beach Baby 

3. Marxist Folk Tune

4. Midknife

5. God Bless Los Angeles - And All The Neon Matcha Baddies In It

6. __________

7. Stew

8. Polaroid Nudes

9. __________

10. Internalized Misogyny

11. VSCO Filter Baby

13. __________

back atcha rorman

it's just the way i feel

the album we DESERVED:

1. Muscle Beach Baby 

3. Marxist Folk Tune

4. Midknife

6. Music To Watch British Politicians To

7. Stew

8. Polaroid Nudes

9. Jack, u tapped the mic at 2:13 in LFA wtf

11. VSCO Filter Baby

13. Ultrasilence: an NFR prelude

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

the album we DESERVED:

1. Muscle Beach Baby 

3. Marxist Folk Tune

4. Midknife

6. Music To Watch British Politicians To

7. Stew

8. Polaroid Nudes

9. Jack, u tapped the mic at 2:13 in LFA wtf

11. VSCO Filter Baby

13. Ultrasilence: an NFR prelude

coming september 31, 2019: the new album, I.O.U., from Lana Del Rey

it's just the way i feel

you guys forgot her best song.... “You know the addy, pull up anytime. Say it to my face. But if I were you- I wouldn’t. - I won’t not fuck you the fuck up. Period.”

Hope is a dangerous thing’s bitchy older sister

A want a song with these lines now! :deadbanana:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

lol I didn't even watch the IG video she posted about LFA in full but the chorus is really pretty, the high notes especially