Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You're right. It is a beautiful song as well, can't deny that. But choosing to financially benefit from it wasn't an immediate decision. The profits of a song about gun violence, released during a difficult time so it gets extra attention, are going towards a rich record company and a rich woman. Like, I get she made the song, it's her song her property, but she's utilizing this political atmosphere to profit both financially and socially because now she's a Woke Queen to everyone. All I'm saying is, if she cared if she felt, she'd be doing more than just releasing the song. She'd be donating proceeds. (hell, smaller artists than her donate proceeds lmao)

I'm not saying artists can't be political, I'm saying they need to stop doing it with insidious ulterior motives. Everyone's been wanting Lana to be political since the very beginning by shoving 'ARE U FEMINIST' down her throat all day every day. But the feminist look just didn't fit her 'submissive ingenue' brand at the time. Now she's too old for that so the next best thing is this, I guess.

We have no clue how much of her own funds she donates to whatever causes, and quite frankly, we shouldn't. Publicly donating the proceeds of a song is a good thing- people streaming that song will know it's going to a good cause. Publicly donating her own money- attention seeking nonsense. If being quiet about however much she donates of her own money, if at all, is something she picked up at church, then more power to her. That would be tapping into 'woke culture.' And for the record, speaking for myself, this song is far from what she could have done if she wanted to get that 'woke queen' clout. That's clearly how she feels Coachella got treated in the public which is why we got a disclaimer on the instagram post and the cover for the single doesn't even feature her name. As far as I can see there's no insidious motive behind this. She's been emotionally impacted by the shootings, one of which was in the state she loves and writes song after song about. I know people outside the U.S. who get emotionally impacted by the shootings. She's got a great producer on call and is clearly in a very prolific phase right now, with high amounts of creative energy around her (shooting music videos, being at GDT's hollywood star ceremony, etc). If she wasn't donating the proceeds I'd find it disgusting to be profiting- but she's not profiting. She's kept it as low profile as it can be, maybe in an attempt to not get the high amounts of media backlash she gets from the media who won't forget her 'I don't care about feminism' remarks from years ago.

locals only

Alternatively, what if that’s just what she believes in? Why Stan if you don’t believe her word 

Imagine being a Lana stan and believing a word out of her mouth in the year of our lord 2019.

Some light reading: http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10658-lies-lana-has-told-us-thread/

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Okay OT from LFA (technically it has its own thread) but if NFR le*ks will you ladies listen to the whole thing? I think I’ll just listen to HTD, Cinnamon, HIAB, & NFR since we’ve been waiting so long for those and also Bartender bc its so gorgeous. And then save the last five for the day her record drops

I'd listen to NFR, Cinnamon, and love song a couple of times, then try to save the rest for release. Though I'd try to save my appetite tbh.

locals only

She literally was so moved by these recent mass shootings that she got her ass into a studio as soon as possible and turned it into a fantastic song that she’s now gone and released and will be donating all the proceeds to victims funds....

Like? Let’s not attack her for being “fake woke”... she’s doing more than most of y’all,

I swear there’s always members on here looking for shit to drag her about. This isn’t something you can use to say she’s fake woke, or doing for publicity or to benefit financially.... get a grip

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

We have no clue how much of her own funds she donates to whatever causes, and quite frankly, we shouldn't. Publicly donating the proceeds of a song is a good thing- people streaming that song will know it's going to a good cause. Publicly donating her own money- attention seeking nonsense. 

Agreed. I love the song but wasn't in a rush to buy it, but now I will (as well as donating on my own which I was already doing). So that's a little more towards helping the families and if even a portion of her bazillion fans do the same, it will truly help.  :heart:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Okay OT from LFA (technically it has its own thread) but if NFR le*ks will you ladies listen to the whole thing? I think I’ll just listen to HTD, Cinnamon, HIAB, & NFR since we’ve been waiting so long for those and also Bartender bc its so gorgeous. And then save the last five for the day her record drops

I'm playing it immediately after I'm finished downloading it when Lana officially releases it and not a moment sooner :)

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Are we referencing the taylor secman twitter account about the leak?? Or am I missing something

I'm listening to the whole thing, idc. I've already bought it four times, five if you include the free CD the ticket to her show comes with.

giphy.gif

Are we referencing the taylor secman twitter account about the leak?? Or am I missing something

No nothing’s le*ked yet obvi, just wondering where every1 stands on listening to the whole album right away or saving a little something for release day to keep things exciting. With LFL I listened to a few tracks like Cherry and White Mustang right away but left a good amount of tracks for when it actually came out in stores

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

No nothing’s le*ked yet obvi, just wondering where every1 stands on listening to the whole album right away or saving a little something for release day to keep things exciting. With LFL I listened to a few tracks like Cherry and White Mustang right away but left a good amount of tracks for when it actually came out in stores

Ahh I see!! I’ll probably listen to the entire thing because I’ve already bought two vinyls, the iTunes preorder and the physical CD preorder so it doesn’t really bother me if I listen to it early because I’m still buying it

Y'all hard missed my point. I don't want Lana to be "more woke" - and LFA didn't spark my criticism. Lana's been showing her ass re: shallow understanding of political reality since LFL, and it woke me up. I thought BTD was political , I thought it was a satire playing with how even a rich starlet has to face the underbelly of society , but I guess it was never that substantial.

I don't want Lana to address nuanced issues like homeless gays or immigration bc I doubt she has much worthwhile to say about it, and that's fine! I don't want Lana to do anything really. I was sharing my perspective on what LFA and this whole era made me think ab and feel. It shows blind spots in HER perspective on issues, by centering herself and ppl like her. There was a mass shooting targeting Latinx people - race, class, etc etc, is actually a genuinely huge factor in what's going on. It's a massive part of the situation. Lana wants to exist in a fishbowl , whatever. That's my take. It's not glowing compliments from a sycophantic fan, but it's my take. I'm not freaking out about it either. 99% of my posts here are jokes, nonsense, or mild trolling. I was being hyperbolic and sarcastic to point out the hypocrisy in some of Lana's most recent lyricism and shite

Criticism actually is an important part of art, just as much as appreciation. I appreciate Lana trying , but I think it falls shallow and flat. And you can look at her words to see obvious blindspots she has regarding issues that affect her at a "cellular level"... That's all I am saying. Believe it or not, my energy ab issues such as this gets directed towards real action outside of Lanaboards. I get on here for fun, not serious political discussion (especially since only like 5 people here can even keep up)

I'm glad she's donating proceeds. Wonder if she's also donating to Churchome.

Random thought: I love HIADT but I think it was probably not the best idea to release it as a single, especially since it's the last song on the album. Already knowing it kind of takes away the effect it would have had to hear it during the first listen of the whole record.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Yep, two new songs:

thank u so much i know about them already i mean something to buy as a merch haha

Random thought: I love HIADT but I think it was probably not the best idea to release it as a single, especially since it's the last song on the album. Already knowing it kind of takes away the effect it would have had to hear it during the first listen of the whole record.

i actually just realized the fact that it's for the first time having a single that is the last on the album

she never did it before, and maybe cuz it's very personal, i read once it took her years to finish it

:smile3:

Wasting time whining about a singer "not doing enough" when u could be spending that time doing more than u claim she does, it's likeeeee!!! *thumps bible and sucks dick for meth!!!!!* 

WoW, Looking for America is so beautiful!!!  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot: