Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

obviously i can't give my full impressions due to the quality of these leaks, but overall i'm a little disappointed in the lack of bridges because lana has AMAZING ICONIC bridges (the blackest day, heroin, off to the races to name a few) and that feels like something she's known for so i'm sad to see so little of them (thank god for keeping the BAR bridge the same however) 

also, doin' time will be deleted immediately. not that i don't like it, but the whole album is very cohesive with its focus on introspective sad girl shit and this summery, care-free bop stands out in a bad way IMO. 

from what i can tell from the literal garbage quality we heard, the production is decent (take this with a grain of salt however because I could hardly even hear the strings in NFR in the transition from the verse to the chorus). cinnamon has great production but we been knew, i love the piano on Bartender, and obviously VB and FIILY have really great synths. disappointed that the production for TNBAR seems to be copy and pasted from the demo? and the lyric changes are questionable but whatever. 

so pretty much i'm conflicted because some songs (NFR, VB, Cinnamon, TG, Bartender) are iconic discography highlights but some (love song, TNBAR, DT, HIADT) are just meh and kind of boring/misplaced. 

that is my opinion

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

if I'm being honest, since L*st For Life I've found more and more lyrics from Lana to be kinda cringey and not sound too melodic... oops

I’d say lyrics are patchy...not all terrible but immediately think ‘yikes wtf was that’ on several songs.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

These lyrics are her best and consistently good m throughout the album. Y’all are crazy.

I've always compared her to Dylan, but it was mostly me just saying this album was coming. 

I don't see how this doesn't solidify itself as a classic for this decade (I've only read the lyrics.)

Start with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, end with Norman Fucking Rockwell. 

This is America. 

These lyrics are her best and consistently good m throughout the album. Y’all are crazy.

You might wanna read Happiness Is a Butterfly & The Next Best American Record lyrics on Genius.

You might wanna read Happiness Is a Butterfly & The Next Best American Record lyrics on Genius.

BAR is jarring because the original ones are what we’re used to and the new ones aren’t quite as good, but the verses still slay.

Happiness is fine

which song is everybody most excited about? i haven't listened to the leaks except the greatest (i purchased) and fiily and i'm super excited about bartender and california   :creep:

From all the talk I'm most exciting to hear California.

Mfhp.gif

Ladies I just woke up. So the full album hasn't leak yet, just a few songs correct? Also the leaks are all LQ correct? 

I stg every time I go to sleep sth happens  :deadbanana:

I think the only songs that didn't leak were IYC and HTD. And yes - everything LQ.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Not listening to the leaks since I'm such a 320kbps beotch but looked up the lyrics on genius///
She done fucked BAR... Fucked hard, ain't she?

Stripped of my own life