Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

In the end I think you only rob yourself of a richer experience. You only get to hear this album for the first time once.

That's exactly what has been keeping me from listening to this potato quality leak. I want my first experience with this album to be magical and for that I need to be able to hear every single beat and word nice and clear. I don't want my first impression of this album to be from a cassette rip someone recorded in their bathroom with the cheap speakers ruining every beat :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

if im being honest the first listen doesnt matter lol

fuck i dont even remember my first btd, pd, uv, hm, or lfl listens

you grow with a lana record and make memories with it, thats what matters to me not a first listen

truly the opposite for me! listening to UV for the first time was a cerebral experience and one I'm never going to forget. There's other albums that I think back on really nostalgically and wish I could have that experience of listening to the first time again (Ys is a good example). There's something so magical to me about hearing a powerful album that really clicks with you for the first time and being able to have that point of comparison for how your tastes change and how you interact with the album. But obv there are many different ways to appreciate music and no truly 'correct' one.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I mean she's a literal child who admitted she doesn't even know that much about Lana and her music, it didn't seem like she understood what she was doing at all. And obviously she's a Billie fan she's 13 lmao you can't hold that against her

You can't treat kids whose brains aren't even fully developed like they're adults, she didn't kill someone ffs she just did something dumb. If she was acting out some detailed plan to sabotage Lana and ruin NFR's release, she wouldn't have uploaded this potato quality bullshit, or used her main account, and she wouldn't have had a nervous breakdown afterwards.

Livestreaming your nervous breakdown on Instagram. This attention-whoring generation is really something else.

Livestreaming your nervous breakdown on Instagram. This attention-whoring generation is really something else.

U literally posted a status about how u got syphilis from bad head the other day shut up 

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

ah man i feel like i have finally graduated from Norman Fucking Rockwell Pre-Release Thread Purgatory, full on into ldr - nfr Heaven/Hell.  i dont want to hear anyone else shit on the low quality - this album was literally made to be listened to on phone-recorded casette tape.  it adds to the vibe like a motherfucker and makes everything so much better. it's all clear enough to hear everything and the bass is still on point.

my breakdown of the NFR unofficial release experience goes like this:

Norman Fucking Rockwell: Carole King vibes, just like the snippet, skipped it like 3/4 of the way through

Mariners Apartment Complex: wbk, skip

Venice Bitch: see above

Fuck it I love you: this song made me a Lana fan again, maybe im born with it, maybe its bad taste, sue me.  Lana just doesnt want to admit the love bc shes a lil embarrassed about it, thats why she slurs like that. also maybe sis relapsed idk yall. secret favorite song on the album

Doin Time: like, its okay. should not have made it to the album but has its place as a soundtrack feature in the LDR discography.

Love song: I honestly cant remember how this went and ive listened like 3 times.  its the "in your car in your car" one

Cinnamon Grrrl: Lana Del Rey: Greatest Hits

How To Disappear: will be the sleeper hit of the album bc its not in this leak and we will all hear a whole new thing with the production when the album leaks in HQ i secretly love this song

California: listened to this in the shower and had a breakdown, amazing, best song on the album

TNBAR: i tried to listen several times and skipped it every time. i cant, the new version makes me want to die. demo is way better

The Greatest: i love it, makes me want to cry

Bartender: eh its okay maybe it will grow on me

Happiness is a butterfly: actually better than i expected, i am into it

HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI - i loved this song from January but i havent listened to it in a while

Lana's most raw album, somehow most depressing and most positive at the same time???

I haven't listened to shit, aside from what the Good Sis herself released, mostly because I'm a lazy-ass, but I trust your assessment the most.

So this entire album (well, almost all of it) seems to me to be about Barrie; she still loves him, wants to be with him, wants to dance and party with him, wants him to "come back to America". Thinking about all the songs with this meaning sort of changes my interpretation of HIADT... the hope that she has and why it's so dangerous, is because after going through all her emotions through 1-13, she still ends it all hoping that they'll end up together, and part of her can't move on because of it, which is why that hope is dangerous, and why the album closes with that song and not Venice Beach (which everyone agrees would at least sonically be the better closer).

Just keeping note of this for when I do finally listen to NFR, because I like this interpretation. A concept.

tenor.gif?itemid=14712965

My literal fucking thoughts.

Still we're talking about kids here. I know they can be little shits but you can't take them that seriously. You can't blame children for acting like children and being dumb.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

if im being honest the first listen doesnt matter lol

fuck i dont even remember my first btd, pd, uv, hm, or lfl listens

you grow with a lana record and make memories with it, thats what matters to me not a first listen

THIS IS THE TEA!!!!!

U literally posted a status about how u got syphilis from bad head the other day shut up

LMFAO I CANT BE HERE ANY LONGER LADIES IM GOODBYE

not me refreshing this page every 2 seconds in hopes a higher quality version leaked or lana dropped the record early

not the best place for that  :creep:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Thank you for reminding me that. I need to make an appointment at venerologist´s tomorrow.

Don't know how to quote both posts, but this one and the one you were answering to are absolutely The Greatest I've ever read here. There aren't words to say how much I'm laughing.

my favorite part of Happiness is the "AAhhahhh" right before the second chorus (?) verse (?) That is all.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Current ranking, subject to change of course since I haven't heard the HQ versions but I don't expect any major changes

The Greatest

Fuck It I Love You (who would've fucking thought, right?)
How To Disappear

Hope

California

Mariners Apartment Complex

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Venice Bitch

Cinnamon

Happiness Is A Butterfly
In Your Car*

Bartender

*since it failed to top The Cure's Love Song, it's being demoted to In Your Car again

so yeah, drag me if you want, but this is it sisters

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.