Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

You are making this decision based on a LQ iPhone recording? Seems a bit premature to me. Listening to an album in its full HQ glory can be a completely different experience.

But you do you.

I made that decision in March.

The way Lana and her team handled this album completely ruined it for me. Even back when I was naively confident that I would end up loving every song, I still had mostly negative feelings for the album as a whole -as a project. Pure frustration and disappointment. A stark contrast to how the LFL era made me feel, even if the album ended up being underwhelming in the end.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I decided months ago I wouldn't be buying it either. I refuse to spend my hard-earned money on things that don't give me joy. And it turns out I don't even like half the album so like...spend $15 why? For Duke Nicholson's mug and Lana's ugly neon jacket? I still feel only frustration when I think about this album. I feel genuine happiness when I play Born To Die. I was barely making ends meet when I bought the Deluxe version but I don't regret it. BTD & Paradise feel magical to me. I won't lie, I was disappointed in the Deluxe version of Ultraviolence, the packaging felt a bit cheap. But the music is out of this world. UV & Honeymoon mean so much to me, I felt like I had to have physical copies. Lust For Life was a bit on the meh side but I was like, might as well.... NFR though? This bitch has no place in my collection. A download is what she deserves.

You're so brave. Thanks for sharing your story.

qfrWuBl.png

i’m going to get banned for this but my big beefy brain can’t help it :hooker:

1-3 interchangeable: Cinnamon Girl/Bartender/The Greatest

4-5 interchangeable: FIILY/NFR

6. Love Song

7. California (it’s great but not memorable to me for some reason??)

8. Doin Time

9. MAC

10. Happiness is a Moth

11. Venice Bitch :w8ing:

12. HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI

13. HTD because i already know jack fucked up the production

i’m going to get banned for this but my big beefy brain can’t help it :hooker:

1-3 interchangeable: Cinnamon Girl/Bartender/The Greatest

4-5 interchangeable: FIILY/NFR

6. Love Song

7. California (it’s great but not memorable to me for some reason??)

8. Doin Time

9. MAC

10. Happiness is a Moth

11. Venice Bitch :w8ing:

12. HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI

13. HTD because i already know jack fucked up the production

You forgot one :creep:

how dare u

im keeping mine in front of my eyes all the time in my room

young me didn't care about keeping things in good condition, i just wanted to listen to the cd which i now can't even find anymore lmao but i kept my uv box set in the plastic wrapping until like a year ago when i moved so at least i did good on that 

Is it legally wrong though? I mean if she stole the cassette from wherever it was being kept sure, but getting sent something early that has been bought and recording the songs (instead of ripping them in HQ) and sending them in DMs... the fault is 100% on whoever wasn't careful enough with sending the cassette. What she did was dumb but I'm not sure about the legality of it.

Technically, yes, but it's tricky. You're sharing a product that costs money for free, you would need the artist's permission for that or a license. However, in this case, she's not making any monetarily profit from it (which is the usual defense), and she's a child. 

Seems like you all will go on and on about who to blame because of the leak. Who the fuck cares at this point? It leaked, period. Her sales will be just fine, her team and everyone who worked for her will be fine, the teenager will be fine, no one's getting fired. It's not that serious

This seems like that debate "which is worse: the one that sells the gun, the one that orders other person to fire the gun, or the one that actually fires the gun"  :deadbanana:

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Did any of you notice that theres a FIILY link on youtube, but cant play it cause "its not available in my country" :( does it work for you guys? I'm still waiting for it in HQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd_Vot95AqE

it’s working for me i-

i feel special

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

young me didn't care about keeping things in good condition, i just wanted to listen to the cd which i now can't even find anymore lmao but i kept my uv box set in the plastic wrapping until like a year ago when i moved so at least i did good on that 

damn gurl paradise box is the rarest shit on earth you should've kept it or at least sell it on a very great price you'd be so rich  :creep:

:smile3:

What made you make that decision months ago?

probably the fact that there was no way not to know all major music pubs had the release slated for then and lana fans (including casual fans) were up in her comments wondering where tf the album was bc no statement was given and all they got was deafening silence unless it was to post a pic from cha cha matcha but y’know :creep:

i just cant rank the album until i hear it in hq

girl at this point half of the album has been released in HQ i—

I only listened to a few seconds of that cassette recording last night so I don't remember what they sounded like, I do remember liking what I heard. Sure, it was in tin-can quality but it intrigued my interest to hear them in HQ even more, especially the strings. :flutter:

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT