Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

for the people that say the leaks don't affect her, I've checked the links and the files for the zip have been downloaded more than 3500 times from different sites.

also I just checked like 4-5 websites 

Lana has been surviving from her cult following since Ultraviolence. Her fans have already purchased the album and tickets for her concerts the moment they were announced. This doesn't really affect her, believe me.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Ben and Ed are incompetent but you'd think Interscope and Polydor would at least try to do something considering like 70% of the streaming revenue goes to them so they're just losing money here 

Lana has been surviving from her cult following since Ultraviolence. Her fans have already purchased the album and tickets for her concerts the moment they were announced. This doesn't really affect her, believe me.

But it can. Who’s to say people didn’t cancel when they heard it?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i hope this works i've never done the spoiler thing before

bartender is my fav. i caved and listened to it and it's beautiful. im gonna delete the folder now bc i can wait until it actually releases to listen to it again

But it can. Who’s to say people didn’t cancel when they heard it?

why would a leak make someone not buy an album? just like this leak, all released albums could be easily listened to for free, people buy albums to support the artist and not to just listen to the album. if you want to support someone youll buy their album whether its leaked or not

why would a leak make someone not to buy an album? just like this leak, all released albums could be easily listened to for free, people buy albums to support the artist and not to just listen to the album. if you want to support someone youll buy their album whether its leaked or not

Exactly my point. Lana has a cult following and her fans care about supporting her and having a collectible item. This is not about "buying an album to listen to it", this is about so much more.

Exactly my point. Lana has a cult following and her fans care about supporting her and having a collectible item. This is not about "buying an album to listen to it", this is about so much more.

i agree, everyone here is just overreacting. the damage in sales the leak could possibly do is so minimal and irrelevant  :deadbanana:

Binch there's many months to come when the record is available for us finally. I didn't think I'd make memories with LFL after that YAIL mess but I did. You'll fall in love with it over time anyway. It'll be special in its own way in a couple years. Love to you 

It was love at first listen with all the other albums, even Lust For Life! I didn't start noticing all its flaws until later. We had a good first week lol. I know I'll probably be over the negativity in 5 years or so, but my issues with the actual quality of some of these songs... I will have to suffer even more brain damage to end up liking them. I knew y'all wouldn't appreciate my initial reaction rants so I saved those for poor @RormanNockwell, but my main gripe -which I will never be able to get over- is the lack of structure. Half the songs sound like rough concept demos, or fanmade extended snippets. I know some of you see this as innovation, but I just...can't. To me it only sounds like laziness and messiness. Is this what people these days are doing? I don't really listen to any other contemporary artists so I don't know. Is this how people write songs these days? Because she can miss me with that bullshit. Songs I spent months looking forward to ended up being completely anticlimactic, and not because I had overplayed them (especially the Cinnamon snippet).

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

why would a leak make someone not buy an album? just like this leak, all released albums could be easily listened to for free, people buy albums to support the artist and not to just listen to the album. if you want to support someone youll buy their album whether its leaked or not

the problem with a leak two weeks early is the fact that it means the album will no longer have streaming impact. streaming is a huge part of an album’s longevity. would born to die be one of the longest charting albums of it wasn’t for streaming? probably not.

by the time the two weeks have past, people will have figured out which songs they like, which songs they don’t and then be more selective about what they listen to. you’ll also probably miss out on the initiall hit of someone repeatedly streaming a song they’ve just discovered and loved. a person who may stream a song continuously over and over for an hour may only stream it twice a day if they’ve already listened to it and “worn it out” per say.

and, as someone who is confident this is lana’s best album, i want to reserve every stream for release. i know i’ll love most of these songs and listen over and over because of the snippets i’ve heard, and i feel like she deserves the success, which is why i personally am not going to open these lq leaks. she has poured soul and maturity into her snippets and i want her action to have the reward i feel like it deserves. i’m not going to judge people for listening to leaks bc we’ve all been there and i’m not a hypocrit but i don’t get why so many people don’t have the patience and self control to just say no. it will affect her charting position and i don’t want that this time around. especially a whole TWO WEEKS early. two days may not have as much of an affect, for example, but two weeks definitely will. it’s a shame in my opinion.

for the people that say the leaks don't affect her, I've checked the links and the files for the zip have been downloaded more than 3500 times from different sites.

also I just checked like 4-5 websites 

+1

Even stans streaming it for the first 30 times is a HUGE number and it's gone now

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Regarding Bartender

Do you think it's entirely fictional that she was seeing a waiter? Or maybe it's a metaphor? I haven't made up my mind about it yet I just wanna hear some headcanons :teehee:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

+1

Even stans streaming it for the first 30 times is a HUGE number and it's gone now

If these stans don't let their computers and phones on all night streaming the album while they're asleep then I'm suing  :crossed:

If these stans don't let their computers and phones on all night streaming the album while they're asleep then I'm suing  :crossed:

you can’t do that as spotify knows whether or not you’re doing this and classes the streams as “spam”.

+1

yeah, i saw someone say they went to the beach and listened to the leaked album on repeat ALL DAY :/

you can’t do that as spotify knows whether or not you’re doing this and classes the streams as “spam”.

i didnt know that! how do they differ between spam and actually listening to the same song over and over lol

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls: