Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

bye it was 43 minutes

You're like me in my math class :toofunny:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Let’s talk about hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it’s greatness. Her most honest and possibly most emotional song. Everything about it is perfect. From the lyrics to the stripped down production to the iconic title to the iconic, yes, iconic misunderstood cover that’s just a quick selfie of her smiling, referring to the line about how they write that she’s happy because she smiled on the lfl cover when she’s actually not. The “look, I’m smiling, here’s a quick black and white selfie” cover on a sad song that references how her smiling doesn’t mean she’s happy is honestly perfect. I can’t wait for the day people aren’t too afraid to recognize the beauty that is ‘hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it’.

Hot take: the people that call Hope her worst song aren't emotionally mature enough to recognise its greatness, its pain, and the greatness it has through expression of her pain. Hope is an extremely important song in her discography and those who don't see that are blind. 

locals only

Doin time should be a pop hit

if that fat girl can have a hit 2 years after rhe 1st release... so can Lana after 2 months

leave lizzo alone, dickhead.

giphy.gif

okay people started sending me their rankings so yall are welcome to dm me your top 14 so the list is more accurate

Is there a deadline?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

drag me but i will still delete that atrocity of a "song" and replace it with the superior Looking For America, just like any other individual with good taste x

You say hope sounds like it was written and recorded in a day when we KNOW that's literally what LFA is  :flop:

locals only

Is there a deadline?

hmm idk i think i could post the ranking at the beginning of the post release thread

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

okay i know no one really cares about my opinion, but as of NOW, my ranking is:

bartender

the greatest

happiness is a butterfly

venice bitch

norman fucking rockwell

california

cinnamon girl

love song

fuck it i love you

mariners apartment complex

hope

doin' time

the next best american record

how to disappear

bartender is just such an important song to me idk the lyrics in that song hit me hard and the piano just feels heavenly. i can definitely see it becoming an eventual fan favorite.

giphy.gif

ookaaay everyone who wants to participate just send your ranking, so put the songs on places from 1 (the best) and 14 (the worst)

like idk 

1. venice

2. mac

14. hope

that's it

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You did not mess with ITH

For ITH lovers (me) I made a (terrible) stormy/rain/piano/slowed edit of it a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIheyROc5aA&t=7s  for anyone that's interested. Fair warning that I'm not good at editing music lol.

locals only