Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

rriiiiight? instead he got her talking about her fucking flying and boating licenses

he had no issue bringing up Yosemite and other tracks during the LfL interview...but we really didn't get shit from the NFR interview :rip:

we have a maybe date with a maybe october single of a standalone track that nobody really knows the exact meaning of on top of no information for the random ass song she teased 5 months prior nor any mention on singles or projects she said she wanted to release same time a year prior..like

Zane Lowe mentioned those unreleased tracks quite randomly during the LFL interview and she described them as "on the cutting room floor", so perhaps he wasn't allowed to talk about the unreleased tracks?

not really, iirc he said fans asked him about Yosemite as she literally hyped the song up HERSELF several times and described it as her favorite off the record..so i'd say it's a pretty valid topic to bring up when evidently it wasnt on the tracklist. And she said it was too happy, how we aren't there yet, and that it's the sister track to BAR- and she'd want them released together or on a project. She's yet to ever say it's 100% scrapped to my knowledge.

i'd also be fairly shocked if he wasn't allowed to bring up unreleased tracks, her managament doesn't seem like the type to view it as important topics to block like Harvey or her suicide comments would've been (if they block topics at all, her interviewers are rarely knowledgable about her work...for example every fucking magazine having to make note of she's smiling!! lana del rey queen of advocating SUICIDE smiles!! fuck!! happiness: FOUND!!)

just thinkin ab it..zane lowkey cute but he's a SNAKE

We learned from the interview that the album name would be Norman Fucking Rockwell, that she might drop a single in October and that she’s written something that could be called poetry and might collect them for a book. That was all if I remember right, except for her riding planes as a hobby.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

We learned from the interview that the album name would be Norman Fucking Rockwell, that she might drop a single in October and that she’s written something that could be called poetry and might collect them for a book. That was all if I remember right, except for her riding planes as a hobby.

don't forget she broke down mid flight bc she took basic instruction as life advice...the crackheadery jumped out and i welcome it with sympathetic open arms

don't forget she broke down mid flight bc she took basic instruction as life advice...the crackheadery jumped out and i welcome it with sympathetic open arms

I’ve never heard anyone being so random as Lana in that interview, she was everywhere and had tons of things to tell and I was there for it. Whew! I’ll never forget it, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I really like the lyrics so far this era. I thought HIAB was gonna be a stupid disaster, but I actually like the bit that she teased today. I also like how she is using less reverb in the tracks. everything is clearer and her voice has more room to breathe

I just hope the whole album won’t be very ballad-y, the end of Mariners and Venice Bitch are so far the only things that makes me feel like I’m going to space. Lana has always sounded soft, but I’m hoping for something more since she mentioned guitars inspired by Red Hot Chili Peppers. :(

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So what are y'all (realistically) seeing for the Norman Fucking Rockwell album cover?

this pic with her font and that's it, or reinterpretation of the pic with her in it

220px-Rockwell-Norman-LOC.jpg

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

You know how she references other songs? You hear that reference to Serial Killer on HIAB? What if this album will include Serial Killer? Redone with more guitars by Jack? I mean I don’t think it’s weird to think so, especially since she included the album title in the lyrics to Venice Bitch, which connects those songs. I think the album will be more cohesive this time around and it’d be cool to hear this Serial Killer she’s talking about on an album today

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

You know how she references other songs? You hear that reference to Serial Killer on HIAB? What if this album will include Serial Killer? Redone with more guitars by Jack? I mean I don’t think it’s weird to think so, especially since she included the album title in the lyrics to Venice Bitch, which connects those songs. I think the album will be more cohesive this time around and it’d be cool to hear this Serial Killer she’s talking about on an album today

Don’t put ideas in my head that I know won’t happen. :icant:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Don’t put ideas in my head that I know won’t happen. :icant:

I mean it’s just something I was thinking about yknow she sings it on the road sometimes so it wouldn’t be hard to remember the lyrics lmao one can only hope (but watch it fucking happen please remember this post when it comes out and we will discuss lmao)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

And what if the theme of this record is about being in love with Mr Rockwell and he’s the “Serial killer”?? I mean if the album is as cohesive as I’m hoping.... and this “Norman Rockwell” is symbolisming an artist she used to be with?? Barrie since he’s what Venice Bitch is about (that’s what ppl told me here, if its not true pls let me know but this would mean this album is about Barrie and is actually a UV 2.0 in a way if it’s about him...?????) but remember that line “You think you’re Hunter S Thompson”

Sorry I’m stoned and thinking about this album a lot

giphy.gif

I love it! It sounded so much better than “babes on tour lyfe” crap. I actually got emotional.

I think there are different chorus in the song and maybe the one she teased in March is the first chorus and this one is the second chorus or viceversa

God, I hope not.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

these piano ballads are going to ruin the album

I mean, Change was a masterpiece but i sort of agree. We need more excitement and experimentation for this one

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e