Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Anyways what r y'alls wishes for LDR7?

Maybe Honeymoon 2.0 or Mellow Electronica or Similar to Green Garden (Monsieur adi Remix)

I'm glad even more that she got to release the track, and if yeah it took 3 years to fully form and tweak how it ended up, then I'm grateful and happier that she finally outwardly expressed and released those thoughts, this song. How liberating that must be, and even stronger for her to actually share it in front of the world. 

Lemme permeate my own thought tho, regardless of whether or not I'll seem cross, so I'll try wording things delicately, no malice, but it makes me question so so so much, as to what would've changed/has changed that changed the temperament of the release era? 

I know for LfL, she gave way to Coachella as one of the tracks of the final record, blurted out Beautiful People and opted for the hopeful globalist track that is 'Beautiful People, Problems' , and added Change as well, among tracks that really changed the record from the first version she envisioned for it. Grateful for what we got, aside from how she saw it first, bc it felt like a kind of gateway record for her to really explore and be more present in society. 

Then we have this record that's rumored to have been completed, where she's excited for it to be released, livestream footage to back that up, and her triumphant self-return w Hope. Then, blackout. 

I'm not blaming her, at all, again no malice, I just wanna understand if we can, at how the meta-weather for this waiting period dramatically shifted. No point in saying anything or pointing fingers, bc we can't know for sure til we've past the pre-release and when Lana decides to communicate things about it on her own time. 

How do people outside the forum enjoy LfL? The previous tracks we've gotten from the record so far? Time flies when ur having fun, so I get the diff perceptions of it in regards to how intent we're waiting or not for the record, nd the more invested u are, the higher chance of disappointment, would it matter when the record comes out anyway, but really. What changed? What's holding her back from authentically being able to release/ or even just muttering anything about the record? 

Love this post! Some really interesting points.

My thoughts ... (complete speculation, of course)

They are two very different women, certainly, but I think Hunger is to Florence what Hope is to sis. Hunger recently turned one, and Florence posted about how nervous she was to release it because it was so personal, and that she was so grateful for the reception to it.

Hope was released before I joined this community, but going by the comments here, and by those I've seen on social media, I feel like the reception to it was mixed. Seeing as it's her most personal song (and took 3 years to complete) maybe that reception hurt her more than we realised. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but she posted that Instagram comment replying to the accusations about racial connotations in the song, and seemed to shut herself off from NFR, and to some extent, fans, right after that.

When I translated that article earlier and read that it took her 3 years to complete, straight away my mind went to that poem: "I love you but you don't understand me." It could be about absolutely anything or anyone, and was likely written before Hope was released, but I immediately thought of it. Maybe she felt really misunderstood and hurt, pouring her heart and soul into that song for three fucking years and everyone was all, "Oh my God that selfie is horrible", "Wow "Black narcissist"?!", and "Fuck me, an iPad reference!"

I'm not saying that it's wrong to be critical of those points (and others) ... not at all. I'm just saying ... maybe she really didn't get the reaction she wanted and it upset her more than we realised and/or made her doubt herself and the album - which she has said is very personal. And maybe that's why she's taking a break just to regather herself or whatever.

I know this post sounds really emotional 'n' shit but she has said herself that she is an emotional, sensitive person.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Hope was released before I joined this community, but going by the comments here, and by those I've seen on social media, I feel like the reception to it was mixed. Seeing as it's her most personal song (and took 3 years to complete) maybe that reception hurt her more than we realised. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but she posted that Instagram comment replying to the accusations about racial connotations in the song, and seemed to shut herself off from NFR, and to some extent, fans, right after that.

whaat??

They are two very different women, certainly, but I think Hunger is to Florence what Hope is to sis. Hunger recently turned one, and Florence posted about how nervous she was to release it because it was so personal, and that she was so grateful for the reception to it.

When I translated that article earlier and read that it took her 3 years to complete, straight away my mind went to that poem: "I love you but you don't understand me." It could be about absolutely anything or anyone, and was likely written before Hope was released, but I immediately thought of it. Maybe she felt really misunderstood and hurt, pouring her heart and soul into that song for three fucking years and everyone was all, "Oh my God that selfie is horrible", "Wow "Black narcissist"?!", and "Fuck me, an iPad reference!"

I'm not saying that it's wrong to be critical of those points (and others) ... not at all. I'm just saying ... maybe she really didn't get the reaction she wanted and it upset her more than we realised and/or made her doubt herself and the album - which she has said is very personal. And maybe that's why she's taking a break just to regather herself or whatever.

I know this post sounds really emotional 'n' shit but she has said herself that she is an emotional, sensitive person.

You took the words out of my mouth. 100% agree with you. That's why blaming her so much is so disrespectful

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

whaat??

Yeah people dragged her for the "black narcissist" part. They said it was Kanye, or Azealia ... fuck knows what else they said, I don't remember. Maybe someone else has screenshots?

Anyways what r y'alls wishes for LDR7?

A disco/synth/electro pop album produced by Giorgio Moroder, but ~dark~ and moody!

disco! lots of disco! 

synthy disco inspired album

tumblr_inline_mfceczkezk1ru41qv.gif

Alternatively, I would love her to record a proper psych-rock/grunge-ish album. Basically the same direction as Venice Bitch, but go much further (since as of now, it seems the rest of NFR will be rather tame) and take it to the extreme lol. I can't really see her doing that, unfortunately. On the other hand, absolutely no one could've predicted Venice Bitch, so who even knows?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

You took the words out of my mouth. 100% agree with you. That's why blaming her so much is so disrespectful

She has to understand that we don't understand why she isn't saying anything, so naturally people are going to speculate and get frustrated. I still think she could just tell us that she'll give us more information when she's ready ... but maybe she really is feeling resentful towards the fanbase and that's why she isn't. I don't know.

Maybe the Miss Daytona "the album is finished but who knows when it'll be out" tweet was less "I don't know because of external factors" and more "I don't know when I want to release it because I feel really insecure about my music rn".

The thought about the possible personal hurt after Hope was in my pool of thoughts, so I definitely think that it's very plausible, that and that at least she's aware of how that must personally go, to whatever degree. Where ever it stems from, she's defensive of her work, bc it's still a part of her, regardless of the fact that she was able to compartmentalize it and send it off as a track. I get ur point, and agree conceptually to what ur saying on that.

To build on that speculation:

- MAC was a strong return, similar to how West Coast was well received when it debuted w Fearne Cotton's radio show, and how VB cultivated a mini cult following.

- Could explain as to why she even used an alt account, to garner exclusivity w deeper fans than the general public. --> what those trolling posts on the 29th were on insta

Bc speculation is fun, but can end up getting stale real quick w/o real world answers, at least for me. let's fact check everything else. 

-Ben's aware of this site's existence. How he uses that information, or how it spreads, we don't know. 

- Do we have confirmation that Lana visits the site? If, thru who? 

- Lust for Life, was generally well-received by the public, but has mixed opinions surrounding it when it comes to this forum. Same pattern for Hope, allegedly (add this to the spec portion)

- People have reacted poorly to what the track was, focusing on things to upset them. Motive? At least for some on this forum, nitpicking for problems w the phrases u mentioned bc of the news blackout (Genuine question tho, was anyone else via articles/media distressed about it as much as some of us on here?)

- Sad Girl, introspective shit, was how she described the record. (Anyone have the exact date? I'll fill this in later).

- She's halted posting about the poetry book. 

- Fans at most dislike the lack of effort, case a., the interlude passing mv for MAC, mixed for VB. 

- Minor changes from the party's management, a.k.a. possible tweaking.

Loose factors:

- Baddie NY resolutions.

- Dating life, according to numerous tabloids, even a personal reference from close sources to her. Did it just end abruptly?

The theory holds a lot. It could very well be the factor as to why she's been real silent, as much as I'd hate to admit it. Do I think it's sensible? No. Warranted if true? Definitely.   

What I dislike, so so so much, is how, if the previous is the main debilitating factor, is how she's lost faith in those who stuck on, and were really trying to really listen to and understand what she was putting out. Lack of comm, or bending around it, leaving only traces/clues if even directed at anyone. Which, imo is what infuriates this forum in the first place. (I'll come personally clean even, and state that 3/29 was incredibly upsetting, like how the rest of us thought. Made a post about it, genuine anger behind it, self-sickening, but damn, u just can't gloss over ur problems hoping to stand above them. It's unstable ground.)

I'd like to think better that she's waiting more for society to be truly ready for her work, to let it simmer thru the tracks we've gotten so far, which imo is great, they each hold merit for a diverse selection of emotions, bc she's usually good at feeling at society nd current events/time, but that was bound to happen regardless. 

Ya can't not expect others to want more material after its been promised, and expect them to not get upset when everything (info)'s been fractionalized. It isn't just. 

This was long, but I'm not gonna hold anything against anyone til we get answers. This is like reverse-arguing, and it's just incredibly upsetting. There's just no compromise. Again, if any of this holds any precise validity that is. Makes me wonder what the leaks were all about, and how much the cover plays into things. Articles being forced to become liars, and magazines misting information. Feels a lot like the suffering we went through after Love being leaked which totally disaligned everything. She seemed alright about it tho, just gave leakers a slap on the wrist

Was pretty new, and started during the LfL era, but earlier users, does this always happen? Passive punishment? July 21st still makes me squint, and idk what warranted that exactly.   

UV/Honeymoon

I can feel myself in general getting really depressed, and I know it's stupid to rely on Lana and her music to help, but I just need a little something to kinda put my bad thoughts at bay for a while.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i've had a think about what it is we're actually waiting on and when you think of it as several songs we've already heard as well as extra minutes of songs we've already heard and no accompanying music videos, most likely no performances..... it really seems like.... nothing.

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I’d love her to announce Doin Time premiere today :usrs:

i've had a think about what it is we're actually waiting on and when you think of it as several songs we've already heard as well as extra minutes of songs we've already heard and no accompanying music videos, most likely no performances..... it really seems like.... nothing.

I think it’s because of a terribly long time period it they were randomly spread around

I just Google translated it ... it's mostly about perfume. Again.

I think she says Hope took 3 years to complete (?!) and it's her most personal song. "Shades of Cool" and "Cruel World" are the songs which represent her best, apparently ...

I could be totally wrong because it's just Google Translate, though. They did not ask about NFR.

I am Korean and I think the translator did it justice. Usually Korean interviewers aren't usually interested in foreign artists' new album/project it really bores me out sometimes

I am Korean and I think the translator did it justice. Usually Korean interviewers aren't usually interested in foreign artists' new album/project it really bores me out sometimes

Lana should do more interviews with Korean interviewers I guess.. I bet it was a pleasure for her to give such an interview

I just Google translated it ... it's mostly about perfume. Again. 

I think she says Hope took 3 years to complete (?!) and it's her most personal song. "Shades of Cool" and "Cruel World" are the songs which represent her best, apparently ... 

I could be totally wrong because it's just Google Translate, though. They did not ask about NFR. 

of course not why would they it's a figment of our imagination at this point :what:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

She has to understand that we don't understand why she isn't saying anything, so naturally people are going to speculate and get frustrated. I still think she could just tell us that she'll give us more information when she's ready ... but maybe she really is feeling resentful towards the fanbase and that's why she isn't. I don't know.

Maybe the Miss Daytona "the album is finished but who knows when it'll be out" tweet was less "I don't know because of external factors" and more "I don't know when I want to release it because I feel really insecure about my music rn".

Why is she posting snippets all the time then?

Nah probably has some kind of plan involving the poetry book whether it's to release it first or include it alongside the album to complement.

Maybe things are taking longer than anticipated there or she only decided to do that last minute and now there is a huge wait because MAC and VB came too early.

VK You recently released a new single. How was the birth of the new song 'Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have-it' that has a vocal voice in a calm melody?
Lana:  It took me 3 years to complete. It's the most personal aspect of my song. There are many meanings hidden in lyrics and melodies. :creep:

Lust For Dead   large.gif