Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

https://www.amfm-magazine.tv/sublime-with-rome-rome-ramirez-on-the-new-release-blessings-out-may-27th/ here’s a new interview with sublime and they talk about her cover. Andrew Watt is confirmed the producer and apparently they’ve had this planned for a good while and are hoping to collaborate with her again in the future.

Ohmygod their fanbase 351wlc5.gif

UV/Honeymoon

The new maleficent teaser came out today and there is no new Lana music in the trailer WHAT THE HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MwW1NAsnR8

It could be that the song will come out a few weeks before the movie. Disney did something similar with Dumbo: Aurora sings Baby Mine in the teaser trailer but the final version of the song is sung by Arcade Fire.

Hope it’s Lana.

And insert the «Do I contradict myself...» quote.

Yes, but it's the "multitudes" part of the quote (from Whitman) that explains that it is not, in fact, a contradiction, but a plurality. One outstanding question is how responses to questions like, "which song represents you", is stable with time, or reflects mood factors, or is playing into expectations (jerking the interviewer's chain, which I think historically she likes to do).

Yes, but it's the "multitudes" part of the quote (from Whitman) that explains that it is not, in fact, a contradiction, but a plurality. One outstanding question is how responses to questions like, "which song represents you", is stable with time, or reflects mood factors, or is playing into expectations (jerking the interviewer's chain, which I think historically she likes to do).

I got the quotation the first time ;)

Regarding her statement, I understood that lyrically, Hope is her most personal but Cruel World and Shades of Cool represent what the Lana Del Rey aesthetic is the most.

It's gonna be a fall/winter album, I can feel it.

As it should've been since 2018. September or October would be perfect

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

In Your Car and White Mustang have pretty similar chords and I wouldn't be surprised if the intro she was doing for WM on tour ends up being IYC. The pianist was playing slower, but you can somehow recognise the melody of IYC when she sings her improvised verses

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

hope is amazing but it is nowhere near Honeymoon or Ultraviolence lyrics wise i don't know what y'all smoking

hope is way too long i keep forgetting it exists

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

Hope might be « simple » production-wise, but it is perfect to me. No, you don’t listen to it everyday, but when you are just in a dark place, when you are just lost, the soft piano and her voice just hit the right chords and reflect how you feel: kinda empty and slowed down. I love her cinematic songs and production, but it wouldn’t work on Hope.

i don't know, i definitely have to be in the mood for it but i think hope is an achievement in the respect that it's solely about her and there's a tonne of very literary creative imagery in there with inspo that doesn't involve the colour blue, men, drugs, cars, LA or any of that vacuous stuff that has been really fun but has got quite repetitive. i'd say it's the most serious actual songwriting she's done in a while, especially since LFL

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I got the quotation the first time ;)

Regarding her statement, I understood that lyrically, Hope is her most personal but Cruel World and Shades of Cool represent what the Lana Del Rey aesthetic is the most.

Sorry (in advance) for the rant, but I always need to vent on this topic. Hope it's entertaining.

The twitter quote is actually hypocritical to some degree, given she doesn't unsuppress AKA, and release May Jailer and all of those weird and wildly divergent (yet high quality) unreleased. I mean I really don't want there to be a "Lana Del Rey aesthetic" if it means her plurality can never be officially released and recognized. The quote should enable her to do those things, but sadly she doesn't. I'd also like her to disconnect her self image from her art. She should not feel that a song has to represent her *at all* or that she has to abide by an aesthetic, and I wish she'd just say this to interviewers.

Anyway, maybe binge listening to Eminem's Marshall Mathers LP (which I recently discovered) could help her understand how to do the disconnect of artist from art. I mean it's clear (and I think he even says this) that the songs on that album do not represent him, but merely show how he wishes to express himself in his art at the current time. My point is that nothing in her past lyrics or past songs should make her uncomfortable, given Eminem's success with what is on that album. Also, my what a bizarre universe this is that we live in (i.e., his album won a grammy, sold more than all of LDR's records combined, and made a bunch of people's all-time-best album lists, and ngl, I also like the album).

I hope her upcoming album flops...& I hope it flops hard. Amen.

This will teach her a lesson not to take things too lightly & get too comfortable while her fans are begging her for a hint or a date.

This will teach her a lesson not to take things too lightly & get too comfortable while her fans are begging her for a hint or a date.

Actually, I think it would just make her think there is no interest in her anymore and she would feel even more okay with disappearing more and more.

She is not an ambitious person.

I'd also like her to disconnect her self image from her art. She should not feel that a song has to represent her *at all* or that she has to abide by an aesthetic, and I wish she'd just say this to interviewers.

Isn't this exactly what she's doing right now? Separating the self-image and her art, I mean. She's about to release an album with emotionally heavy songs and yet she seems to be enjoying life to the fullest with her friends and doing the whole "instagram baddie" thing. 

this feels too harsh.. honestly i'm just worried about her mental health, like why is she procrastinating so hard? it could be because of the criticism toward hope, which could explain why her next release isn't actually her own song?

blue eyes, and jazz, and attitude

Hope might be « simple » production-wise, but it is perfect to me. No, you don’t listen to it everyday, but when you are just in a dark place, when you are just lost, the soft piano and her voice just hit the right chords and reflect how you feel: kinda empty and slowed down. I love her cinematic songs and production, but it wouldn’t work on Hope.

This is completely true. 

I listen to Mariners when I need it the most.

Something terrible happened in my house last night and when I was finally in bed I played Hope and it felt right.

i feel like if DT is coming out in the next few days she’s gotta say something right????

This is the 35148 post on a thread with barely 1 page worth of exact news  and information.