Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Guys we all hate homophobia (I suppose lol)

And in my opinion we can't ask a person not being religious (as someone already said you can not follow every aspect of it) but we can't condeemn someone for being homophobic without proof.. Isn't this church she is attending called churchome or something? Do we know for sure that it provides homophobia? I don't understand, I just want justice 

My entire point above was this exactly.  She, LDR, queen of the gayz, is going to a church commonly known to be homophobic (supports conversion therapy and explicitly doesnt allow gays in leadership positions) - and has provided no context or info for her opinion on the whole thing.  Does she have to? absolutely not, she can do whatever she wants.  Is silence about gay issues a historically very common and easy way to ignore LGBTs and perpetuate homophobia?  Yes.  The silence is what enables the violence.  Lana doesnt have to be outspoken or make any sort of statement (she cant even comment on if NFR exists, apparently), but until she does, in my eyes, she doesn't give a fuck about gay people or gay lives who have incidentally made her famous.

and i know some people on here wish she jsut wouldnt say anything, and i half agree, because i think i already know intuitively where she actually stands.  i'm not declaring Lana to be this or that as a fact.  but i'm saying, i thought she was something that she doesn't appear to be.  does it matter? no. this is a LDR fan site.  is it okay for people to have varying perspectives and share them?  yes.  is it okay for people to comment on others' perspectives?  yes.  this is not about hate or whatever.  it's a discussion.  ultimately, for me, i was only here in hopes that NFR would leak and yall would be the first to know.  then i got dragged into the drama and discussion about these topics bc i think it's interesting.

Lana del rey?

KF6aWRu.gif

As for Churchome receipts - https://www.churchclarity.org/updates/church-clarity-profile-churchome

"Since we could not find any indication of its actively enforced policy for LGBTQ on churchome’s website, so we have scored this church’s website as Undisclosed, the least clear score a church can receive."  <----the SILENCE that enables discrimination and homophobia.

My entire point above was this exactly.  She, LDR, queen of the gayz, is going to a church commonly known to be homophobic (supports conversion therapy and explicitly doesnt allow gays in leadership positions) - and has provided no context or info for her opinion on the whole thing.  Does she have to? absolutely not, she can do whatever she wants.  Is silence about gay issues a historically very common and easy way to ignore LGBTs and perpetuate homophobia?  Yes.  The silence is what enables the violence.  Lana doesnt have to be outspoken or make any sort of statement (she cant even comment on if NFR exists, apparently), but until she does, in my eyes, she doesn't give a fuck about gay people or gay lives who have incidentally made her famous.

and i know some people on here wish she jsut wouldnt say anything, and i half agree, because i think i already know intuitively where she actually stands.  i'm not declaring Lana to be this or that as a fact.  but i'm saying, i thought she was something that she doesn't appear to be.  does it matter? no. this is a LDR fan site.  is it okay for people to have varying perspectives and share them?  yes.  is it okay for people to comment on others' perspectives?  yes.  this is not about hate or whatever.  it's a discussion.  ultimately, for me, i was only here in hopes that NFR would leak and yall would be the first to know.  then i got dragged into the drama and discussion about these topics bc i think it's interesting.

Lana del rey?

KF6aWRu.gif

I don't think she has though, people think she went to Hillsong but she probably never did. People just guessed it was Hillsong as it was one of these new "celebrity" churches and Bieber went who does go to Hillsong was there the first time she was photographed there but he also goes to Churchome. 

I decided to look it up and Churchome is on a Wednesday in LA at 8pm and Hillsong is on a Saturday at I think a few different times every week like 9am 12pm and 3pm. Im sure Lana has only ever went midweek and at night so it must be Churchome and they are also at different places, those stairs she is always photographed at are Churchome which is at the Saban Theatre.

My entire point above was this exactly. She, LDR, queen of the gayz, is going to a church commonly known to be homophobic (supports conversion therapy and explicitly doesnt allow gays in leadership positions) - and has provided no context or info for her opinion on the whole thing. Does she have to? absolutely not, she can do whatever she wants. Is silence about gay issues a historically very common and easy way to ignore LGBTs and perpetuate homophobia? Yes. The silence is what enables the violence. Lana doesnt have to be outspoken or make any sort of statement (she cant even comment on if NFR exists, apparently), but until she does, in my eyes, she doesn't give a fuck about gay people or gay lives who have incidentally made her famous.

and i know some people on here wish she jsut wouldnt say anything, and i half agree, because i think i already know intuitively where she actually stands. i'm not declaring Lana to be this or that as a fact. but i'm saying, i thought she was something that she doesn't appear to be. does it matter? no. this is a LDR fan site. is it okay for people to have varying perspectives and share them? yes. is it okay for people to comment on others' perspectives? yes. this is not about hate or whatever. it's a discussion. ultimately, for me, i was only here in hopes that NFR would leak and yall would be the first to know. then i got dragged into the drama and discussion about these topics bc i think it's interesting.

Lana del rey?

KF6aWRu.gif

As for Churchome receipts - https://www.churchclarity.org/updates/church-clarity-profile-churchome

"Since we could not find any indication of its actively enforced policy for LGBTQ on churchome’s website, so we have scored this church’s website as Undisclosed, the least clear score a church can receive." <----the SILENCE that enables discrimination and homophobia.

Okay that's actually a thing we can bear in mind, thanks!

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

You know what? You win. Lana is a big dumb baby who knows nothing about anything. She has the mental capacity of a 3 year old, but unlike a 3 year old, is incapable of using google, so truly, there is no way she could have possibly found out about the disgusting shit her beloved cults have been involved with. We should be ashamed of ourselves for questioning the choices of a scared, helpless toddler who can't be anything other than an innocent victim and a long-suffering martyr in every situation. It's plainly obvious she's only going there because they throw the raddest princess matcha tea parties! And you know the cupcakes must be to die for! How about we leave all the silly bashing behind and start a gofundme to pay for little Lizzy's tithe? Wouldn't that be the bestest pwesent for her 4th birthday? <333 uwu

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

You know what? You win. Lana is a big dumb baby who knows nothing about anything. She has the mental capacity of a 3 year old, but unlike a 3 year old, is incapable of using google, so truly, there is no way she could have possibly found out about the disgusting shit her beloved cults have been involved with. We should be ashamed of ourselves for questioning the choices of a scared, helpless toddler who can't be anything other than an innocent victim and a long-suffering martyr in every situation. It's plainly obvious she's only going there because they throw the raddest princess matcha tea parties! And you know the cupcakes must be to die for! How about we leave all the silly bashing behind and start a gofundme to pay for little Lizzy's tithe? Wouldn't that be the bestest pwesent for her 4th birthday? <333 uwu

brb, crying :thumb3: :omfg2: :thumb: :thumb2:

I do have some quick Wikipedia searches to share about Hillsong. No, I’m NOT ignoring the past and I’m not saying I’m okay with Hillsong, but. Something really interesting. In 2007/2008 they supported the Australian Labor Party who in 2015/2016 wanted to ban conversion therapy and called it “abhorrent“. I’m not Australian so idk, but it’s either they supported them, knowing their stance on gay rights OR ALP turned out different than they expected and Hillsong already supported them in the past by the time 2015/2016 rolled around

One other thing too, Brian Houston said he’s more understanding of the LGBT community, but after backlash from “Christians” he said he “never said I deny biblical truth or support gay marriage”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I do have some quick Wikipedia searches to share about Hillsong. No, I’m NOT ignoring the past and I’m not saying I’m okay with Hillsong, but. Something really interesting. In 2007/2008 they supported the Australian Labor Party who in 2015/2016 wanted to ban conversion therapy and called it “abhorrent“. I’m not Australian so idk, but it’s either they supported them, knowing their stance on gay rights OR ALP turned out different than they expected and Hillsong already supported them in the past by the time 2015/2016 rolled around

There we go! Finally, solid proof Hillsong is pro-LGBT! Love won guys! Case closed :party:

Now we need to move quickly to more important topics, like the vinyl color! Does anyone else think it's going to be hunter green? Or a neon lime and fuchsia duochrome? Taking bets here ladies!!!! Ugh, her mind, her taste, her impeccable work ethic, we staaaaannnn for tourlyfe!!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

My love for Lana cannot end like my love for The Killers/Brandon Flowers. Some of my fav music ruined by an artist that supports/follows/contriubutes $$$ to right-wing nutbag religious zealots with deep anti-gay (among other bigotry) ties.

I'd rather follow an artist that publicly supports the right of marginalized humans, ie performing at pride events or making public statements or making a simple fucking social media post.

Most Hillsong pastors in the US are anti-abortion and want to defund Planned Parenthood though

tenor.gif

OT: I haven't listened to the Cinnamon snippet in forever so I'm proud of myself :party: I still fucking need it in full tho

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

OT: I haven't listened to the Cinnamon snippet in forever so I'm proud of myself :party: I still fucking need it in full tho

i can literally hear it in my head perfectly so not listening to it doesnt cleanse me out... IT DOESNT GO AWAY I CAN HEAR EVERY BEAT

Going to a traditional church as in religion and not believing every word of it =/= going to a specific church as in building which has homophobia as one of its core beliefs... yikes.

I don't get it. Most other churches have a much harsher attitude towards homosexuality, all this one does is provide non-answers when asked about gays. However they said in a press release they are opposed to gay conversion therapy https://hillsong.com/media-releases/hillsong-church-loves-all-people/ and PinkNews reported that this was their stance since 2011.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Most Hillsong pastors in the US are anti-abortion and want to defund Planned Parenthood though

tenor.gif

Yep. This. X100000.

These people are dispicable. There's a state in the US where women are reauired by the govt to get unnecessary pelvic exams before abortions (ie, state sponsored sexual assault).

These human rights atrocities are bankrolled by these type of churches. They commonly fund right wing anti-women and anti-gay politicians and organizations.

Lana ain't shit for this. It's 2019. She's either completely fucking ignorant (which is unlikely seeing as how LFL was ~political~ for her) or she's a dumb bitch that supports these trash views.

M5gkxMp.png

That was the first two times she went, Churchome is on Wednesdays, Hillsong is on Sundays.

Also https://twitter.com/journalsforeign/status/1086031451500490752 Justin Bieber in January  "I don't go to Hillsong, I go to City Church".

Lana has never been to Hillsong(probably) confirmed :hooker:

But even if she has, we've established HiLGBTsong is as pro-gay as can be! So what's the problem? She's a grown baby, she can do what she wants  ^_^

some of y'all defending a homophobic church and a grown ass womans stupid decision to actually support it..

i have to laugh 

homophobic WHO hunty? HipsterSong would never!

some of y'all defending a homophobic church and a grown ass womans stupid decision to actually support it..

i have to laugh 

People criticising her for going to Hillsong when she hasn't though  :shh2:

Churchome where she goes has no controversy, so people were complaining over false information :pft:

i have to laugh

Seriously!

IDC how good a pop song is, as a gay person, how can I support an artist that that wants to associate with a church that wants LGBT people to be tortured and take basic rights away from women?

People criticising her for going to Hillsong when she hasn't though :shh2:

Churchome where she goes has no controversy, so people were complaining over false information :pft:

you think this mega church isn't donating to anti-LGBT or anti-women causes?? Come on. Lmao get real.