Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Seriously!

IDC how good a pop song is, as a gay person, how can I support an artist that that wants to associate with a church that wants LGBT people to be tortured and take basic rights away from women?

you think this mega church isn't donating to anti-LGBT or anti-women causes?? Come on. Lmao get real.

Churchome isn't really a Megachurch, they only really have 2 main locations Seattle and Beverly Hills and the money they do make the filthy rich owners seem to keep for themselves, they barely donate anything to anyone even charity :thumb2:   I posted their accounts on here before and I think they paid themselves like 10 times what they donated to Charity which was I think $8million compared to $800k donated.

How can Lana be homophobic when she's friends with Jonny Blue Eyes

This is a joke btw, Idk maybe this doesn't come as a surprise to me cus I've always thought she was a bit homophobic. Has she literally ever publicly said something supportive of the gays... I remember when gay marriage was a huge issue in the U.S. and she said absolutely nothing lol - even when it was legalised and everyone was celebrating. 

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

A church....making 8 million dollars...isn't a mega church?

Lmao these people are making money off people's fear of the afterlife, fear of God, fear of good gay people and women having healthcare , and you're really out here caping for them, saying they're not making shit tons of money.....lmao . Just look at the moraL implications of owning a millionaire church, lmao

That's a hot take. If you really thing Christian megahurches don't have ties to religious zealots in america, have fun dying on the hill of defending bigots

I don't get it. Most other churches have a much harsher attitude towards homosexuality, all this one does is provide non-answers when asked about gays. However they said in a press release they are opposed to gay conversion therapy https://hillsong.com/media-releases/hillsong-church-loves-all-people/ and PinkNews reported that this was their stance since 2011.

My point was there's a big difference between going to a church you've been raised in and might find comfort in the routine and familiarity, and attending a specific church sect different from what you were raised in, like churchome / hillsong. That link doesn't say anything about conversion therapy. It's just wishy washy 'we love everyone!' bull that reeks of 'hate the sin and not the sinner,' and that's really not concrete or enough for me to shrug it off. The catholic church are making a woman who had an abortion into a saint. Do you think that makes them pro-abortion? Or, more likely, do they still see abortion as evil but see a chance to gain some progressive points by canonizing someone who confessed it as a sin? It's a similar thing here. This is how people end up being dragged into these culty messes. Afford them nothing and read between the lines.

locals only

Afford them nothing and read between the lines.

This. So. Much.

It's blatant. Hillsong, Churchome, GodClub, PrayerMart, whatever. It's filthy rich people with extremist views that marginalize groupos of people that have been historically opressed by most fundamental government institutions in the US.

There's no excuse. This is the shit LDR supports, associates herself with, and seems to enjoy.

Good for her I guess. Maybe she'll have better luck cracking the Christian Radio top 40 than she ever did the Billboard Hot 100

I can't tell whether you're unironically telling the LGBT people here to be alright with someone vaguely disliking their sexuality or not. This is a bit more serious than someone being jokingly hyperbolic over songs...

But some people, the world over, do not like gay men and women solely on the basis of their sexuality. Just as some straight and gay people do not like heterosexual individuals who are into S&M or partner-swapping. Or just as some gay men and women dislike heterosexuals and call them 'breeders' or become 'separatists,' and try to live the separatist lifestyle as fully as possible--away from everything they deem 'heterosexual.'

Some gay individuals don't like polyamorist trios or foursomes, or, to turn to another sort of issue, think first cousins marrying and having children should be unlawful and disgusting. 

So my point is there are people who think, believe and feel differently from all of us on a million points, small and large, and the more one realizes that, and stops reacting with pure emotion, the more mature and reasonably tolerant one becomes. 

So if someone--anyone--is actually violating the civil, legal and human rights of another individual, that's wrong and should be stopped.

But a mosque saying, "Christians are free to enter and observe, but not actively worship and participate in our rites, and that includes gay men and women," is not violating anyone's rights. It's a private religious organization with centuries-old rules that define it. A Christian cannot enter and demand to be treated equally in every way like a Muslim adherent, just as a Christian cannot expect to turn up at a synagogue and be married there. If they do and they are denied marriage by the rabbi, are their civil, legal and human rights being violated? No.

If Hillsong is saying, "No gay or lesbian person may enter any of our walls at any time under any circumstances, we believe they are an abomination in God's eyes and if they are discovered within our walls, we will forcibly throw them out. And in the meanwhile we will fight to overturn every law that supports LGBTQ rights the nation over," then that's wrong and should be contested and brought to the media's attention.

But are they saying that?   

This thread: church church church CHURCH!!!

Me: drinking a tea while reading it, hoping Lana would say something about NFR so this thread could actually be about something else than a church she might have never gone to

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

This thread: church church church CHURCH!!!

Me: drinking a tea while reading it, hoping Lana would say something about NFR so this thread could actually be about something else than a church she might have never gone to

We're still discussing the church thing cuz she goes every week

We're not discussing the album cuz she doesn't want us to, obviously

She's happy to be a GodClub VIP member, not happy to talk about her album at any event/promo.

You get it now?

I think she decided to tag along her friends who were probably already going to a church and didn’t bother checking it up, because who would if it’s a place your friends recommend? Her new year’s resolution was to “strengthen [her] relationship to god”, she probably just asked if her friends knew a good church or if they wanted to go with her.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think she decided to tag along her friends who were probably already going to a church and didn’t bother checking it up, because who would if it’s a place your friends recommend? Her new year’s resolution was to “strengthen [her] relationship to god”, she probably just asked if her friends knew a good church or if they wanted to go with her.

Someone with more than one brain cell, but we've accepted that this is all baby lizzy possesses.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

How much Ellen wants to lock this thread

One small $1 million dollar donation to the bigoted church of Lana's choice, that already has millions of dollars, but is still allegedly a small hometown congregation

Someone with more than one brain cell, but we've accepted that this is all baby lizzy possesses.

Thank you for making me audibly cackle. ❤️

why do i feel like this wouldnt be half as discussed if she had already released the album.

That being said I wish she did/said SOMETHING, tell us about the album, tell us why you're in that church you're obviously going regularly share with us thats what an instagram baddie would do; oversharing the crap out of your personal life then maybe we could actually tell what your stance is ma'am Del Rey

Does anyone live there who could sneak in once and give us an insight on what they do in there on wednesday? Is there a reddit AMA or smth? lol

A church....making 8 million dollars...isn't a mega church?

Lmao these people are making money off people's fear of the afterlife, fear of God, fear of good gay people and women having healthcare , and you're really out here caping for them, saying they're not making shit tons of money.....lmao . Just look at the moraL implications of owning a millionaire church, lmao

That's a hot take. If you really thing Christian megahurches don't have ties to religious zealots in america, have fun dying on the hill of defending bigots

Im not, I was actually mocking them about a week ago and said the Church is basically a business they made to get rich. Like who would create a Church in Seattle, expand it and decide to open the second Location like 1,000+ miles away in Beverly Hills then fly in once a week to hold a service - they're not doing that to spread the word of god or help people really they're doing it for money/status.

But also, they haven't done anything wrong as far as we know to be hated unlike Hillsong who have.

how am i supposed to get to 200 posts to change my tag line when all i can respond to is people blindly defending lana and anti-gay churches that directly lead to people getting killed on the basis of “well that’s their opinion, ignore it if it bothers you! :hooker:

are we really supposed to sit here and act like these things don’t have real life consequences :crossed: i’m tired and i’m confused as to why this is even a debate on a fansite with a majority of gay members :oprah2: are y’all just ok with internalizing all this systemic homophobia

1. She goes to that church in the evening every Wednesday, and that's when the weekly service is. It's all on the website. Therefore, it's unlikely she's going there for any other reason.

2. The majority of people are not saying she's homophobic, but rather, that she doesn't care and/or doesn't know that she's associating herself with an organisation that is. As you say, ignorance is not an excuse.

3. I agree that she seems lost af. The fact that this church is cult-ish is extremely concerning. I'm going to be blunt. She's rich. She's famous. She doesn't come across as a well-adjusted person, and never has. I'm not trying to insult her; it's just a fact. It's part of the appeal. Cult-ish organisations prey on people like her.

4. Friends don't let friends go to homophobic cult churches.

5. Not that she has been interacting with anyone of late, but I think she would still interact with fans even if she was homophobic. Plenty of people "tolerate"/pretend to like LGBT people when it's convenient for them to do so, especially when money is involved, which it is.

I get that people don't want to believe it or whatever, but it is what it is.

It's protected, fam ... nobody can see, including her.

I was not aware that she attended church every week - as far as I know, it's only been a handful of times? I will look into it more. However, even if she is attending for a religious service, it is still not necessarily something we should be jumping to conclusions over. 

I must have misunderstood the messages, but that is the impression I was getting. But I think it is important to remember, that even if she doesn't know (which I think is likely), then that does not make her a bad person. It makes her naive, and hopefully she can learn from this. Also, as @@Clampigirl said, she may not have thought to look if her friends are going, because why would she think her friends may be attending a controversial church? But there does seem to be a lot of unnecessary hate directed towards Lana lately, which I personally don't feel is justified. It's creating a very negative atmosphere on the forum and lots of members unstanning is sad to see. Sure, we can all unstan if we want to and change our minds, but I think the things we are getting upset about just need to be put into perspective because I think they are getting blown way out of proportion. 

So if she is very vulnerable, and she is being preyed upon by this church - is she the victim here? Maybe we should be a little more understanding? Yes she is rich and famous, but we have no idea what is going on inside her mind. She may be going through hell. Again, this is still not an excuse for going to these churches, but it can put things back in proportion. 

Her friends may not be aware of the controversy surrounding those churches either. 

I can see your point, but I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one! I really think if she didn't want to interact with her fans, she wouldn't. And I don't have any solid 'evidence' for this, but Lana does not strike me as the type who is fussed about money, so I don't think she would change her behaviour to get more money. And I don't think she would do it for a positive reputation, she's always been a bit of a controversial character (feminism bores me, singing about depression etc), so I don't think she is too bothered about what other people think of her. Therefore I don't think she would try and change her behaviour to create a good reputation. 

I know you may not be necessarily saying this about me, but I just want to make it clear - it's not that I don't want to believe it, it's that I am trying not to blow things out of proportion or judge until I know the full circumstances. And for the record, I am not religious so I am not defending her because of my own religious beliefs. 

if the Love was really dedicated to her fans (including LGBTQs), maybe there'd be the tiniest ounce of gay shit in the video, but there's not.  Just a massive dose of basic straight white couples smiling vaguely at each other and taking cues from Lana like they all know that really people are supposed to be straight, and that straight love is genuinely the only kind that matters or is significant, and they'll all be going to the church barbeque once they get off the moon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see your point, and it was a bad decision on her part. But a bad decision does not make her a bad person - again, it's not an excuse for her, but she may not have realised the lack of LGBTQ representation she had in her video. There have been other examples where it could be argued she has included LGBTQ representation in her videos - for example, Summertime Sadness and MTWBT. There have also been other examples in her life which can imply she is pro-LGBT, for example the gay pride parade tweet, the lyrics of For You, not changing the pronouns in Doin' Time, and the photo of her kissing Chuck (of course, her kissing Chuck does not mean she is not anti-LGBTQ, but if she was opposed to it, she may be less likely to do the photoshoot). 

You know what? You win. Lana is a big dumb baby who knows nothing about anything. She has the mental capacity of a 3 year old, but unlike a 3 year old, is incapable of using google, so truly, there is no way she could have possibly found out about the disgusting shit her beloved cults have been involved with. We should be ashamed of ourselves for questioning the choices of a scared, helpless toddler who can't be anything other than an innocent victim and a long-suffering martyr in every situation. It's plainly obvious she's only going there because they throw the raddest princess matcha tea parties! And you know the cupcakes must be to die for! How about we leave all the silly bashing behind and start a gofundme to pay for little Lizzy's tithe? Wouldn't that be the bestest pwesent for her 4th birthday? <333 uwu

I understand this is a sensitive topic, and you are upset understandably. But I think it is important to remember naivety is not necessarily negative. Maybe she has googled these topics? Maybe at the moment she assumed these churches would be fine as her friends go there, which I don't think is unreasonable (still doesn't make it right). And I don't see how bashing her like this is going to help anything - it's likely going to lead to worse feelings which is not going to help anyone.

M5gkxMp.png

That was the first two times she went, Churchome is on Wednesdays, Hillsong is on Sundays.

Also https://twitter.com/journalsforeign/status/1086031451500490752 Justin Bieber in January  "I don't go to Hillsong, I go to City Church".

Lana has never been to Hillsong(probably) confirmed :hooker:

I. LOVE. YOU.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png