Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I don't see what "unstanning" has to do with our NFR blue balls. For some, it's a matter of closure. I know it is for me. Don't expect to see the same fervor for LDR7, not from this bitch. It should also be taken under consideration that this is a very confusing time for many Lana fans, because it's a confusing time for her as well. No one is here because of 2019 Lana. She's turning into the exact opposite of what she used to be; if she is doing an 180, where does that leave us? It goes without saying that people are bound to be feeling confused and conflicted. It's hard to just cut someone out of your life like that, even if it's just an artist you were a fan of. I'm jealous of, and happy for, anyone who can quit cold turkey. Say "I'm out", delete all her songs and never think about her again. But it's not that easy for many of us. And then you also have the tiny sliver of h*pe that maybe it's just a phase. I don't know why all of this is so hard to understand.

This exactly, and thank you for censoring potential trigger words in this trying time.  I am done with Elizabeth but this all happened after I got a taste of upcoming album / botched sociology experiment Normorn Forking Rorckworll.  In the alternate reality where NFR actually gets released, I will download the zip for free, listen to Cinnamon once, wipe a single tear from my eye before it drips down my cheek, sniffle, nod to myself several times, then furrow my brow and shake my head once, then toss that floppy disk in the wastebasket - never to await another LDR album again.

then i'll probably dig through the trash to find the floppy disk, listen to the album several more times in secret over the next few weeks, then finally kick all my bad habits one day WITHOUT attending a single church service

So I was sleeping last night and then all of a sudden I heard this really sad whisper in my ear. It was Cinnamon. Her poor, frail voice. She told me "goodbye, Arcadia. Some things just weren't meant to be", and then I jolted up in a cold sweat. 

I know you probably think I'm crazy but I know my baby was speaking to me from the other side to let me know she can't be released into the big wide world like God initially intended.

But she's gone. Forever.

My heart yearns and aches for what could have been, but she's in heaven with God now. 

I love you, Cinnamon.

Always.

every time i close my eyes... it's like a dark paradise

no one compares to you; i'm scared that you.. wont be waiting on the other side  :lanasrs2: 

This exactly, and thank you for censoring potential trigger words in this trying time.  I am done with Elizabeth but this all happened after I got a taste of upcoming album / botched sociology experiment Normorn Forking Rorckworll.  In the alternate reality where NFR actually gets released, I will download the zip for free, listen to Cinnamon once, wipe a single tear from my eye before it drips down my cheek, sniffle, nod to myself several times, then furrow my brow and shake my head once, then toss that floppy disk in the wastebasket - never to await another LDR album again.

then i'll probably dig through the trash to find the floppy disk, listen to the album several more times in secret over the next few weeks, then finally kick all my bad habits one day WITHOUT attending a single church service

As far as I'm concerned, Lana Del Rey is gone. I'll be here for her if she ever comes back, but until then, I'll tolerate Elizabot's presence while waiting for NFR. I'll obviously not be buying it. I feel like I've already paid for it.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Norman Fucking Rockwell is not scrapped... It was one of the most highly anticipated albums of the year, she's worked with Jack Antonoff who came off the back of huge albums like Melodrama and 1989 - Interscope isn't going to scrap this material.

The three singles we got were well received and some of her best in a few years, plus her cover of Doin Time is doing pretty good which shows she still has commercial appeal.

The problem here is Lana and Lana only.

DOIN TIME 16.175 M 3 WEEKS

MAC 16.090 M 9 MONTHS

:hooker:

Wow the GP really has no taste do they

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Doin’ Time is okay but doesn’t hold up to Marinaras or Cinnamon Challenge. I’d probably appreciate it more if it we weren’t waiting on an album of original songs she’s been ghosting us on for ~6 months now. :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I can't deal with everyone here hating at least 1 of the 4 flawless tracks we have been given by the matcha overlord. I couldn't be more thrilled about the album (well i could if we had a release date but whatever) it somehow feels so accessible and vulnerable. Also Lana still uses real instruments, something I'm seriously missing in music currently. 

when the album leaks, which song are you gonna listen to first?

i’ll listen to How to Disappear first since this bitch sang it live and never released it

Hmm, I think In Your Car. Maybe Bartender.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i’ll listen to How to Disappear first since this bitch sang it live and never released it

what album

:deadbanana:

I'll listen to the album in order because I believe songs are put in a specific order for a reason

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~