Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

She can now make a documentary about the recording and delay drama for NFR. Of course the documentary would need a soundtrack of new songs. There, now we have a way to get around this mess.

Omg, in all seriousness, I'd actually love a documentary about Lana. But I feel like she's too private to ever do one.

Imagine if she wrote an autobiography? I'd much prefer that to a poem book

Omg, in all seriousness, I'd actually love a documentary about Lana. But I feel like she's too private to ever do one.

She says "I don't make movies about my life, I live my life like a movie" and to me its like okay yeah thats "deep" and whatevuh... But I feel like it comes from her not wanting people to know Lana Del Rey is a persona, and she doesn't want the public eye to meet Elizabeth Grant.

All these years the media has questioned whether shes authentic or not, (I defended her) -only for my dumbass to realize its really been a persona this whole time.

But sigh I would very much love a documentary and I'd (sadly) settle for an autobiography. Imagine watching Lana's documentary at the movie theater??

She says "I don't make movies about my life, I live my life like a movie" and to me its like okay yeah thats "deep" and whatevuh... But I feel like it comes from her not wanting people to know Lana Del Rey is a persona, and she doesn't want the public eye to meet Elizabeth Grant.

All these years the media has questioned whether shes authentic or not, only for my dumbass to realize its really been a persona this whole time.

But sigh I would very much love a documentary and I'd (sadly) settle for an autobiography. Imagine watching Lana's documentary at the movie theater??

I always used to be the person who jumped to her defense, insisting she's entirely authentic, self-made, not manufactured, so kind to her fans, and blah blah. On her birthday last year, I posted a super gushy essay on Instagram about how much I admire her and her "realness." I deleted it recently cause now I just feel like a damn fool.

This thread shocked me because it made me realize how deceptive she can be. Not sure if the artist I fell in love with, who bares her soul in her songs and stays after concerts to say sweet things to fans, is the real her or if everything was fake. I put her on too high on a pedestal. I've finally come to accept the theory that "Lana Del Rey" is just a character and she's fabricated a lot of stories about her life to fit that glamorous, tragic narrative. Never going to let myself fall this hard in love with a famous person ever again because it sucks when your view of them becomes tainted. It may sound dramatic but this era truly feels like a heartbreak for me at this point

I always used to be the person who jumped to her defense, insisting she's entirely authentic, self-made, not manufactured, so kind to her fans, and blah blah. On her birthday last year, I posted a super gushy essay on Instagram about how much I admire her and her "realness." I deleted it recently cause now I just feel like a damn fool.

This thread shocked me because it made me realize how deceptive she can be. Not sure if the artist I fell in love with, who bares her soul in her songs and stays after concerts to say sweet things to fans, is the real her or if everything was fake. I put her on too high on a pedestal. I've finally come to accept the theory that "Lana Del Rey" is just a character and she's fabricated a lot of stories about her life to fit that glamorous, tragic narrative. Never going to let myself fall this hard in love with a famous person ever again because it sucks when your view of them becomes tainted. It may sound dramatic but this era truly feels like a heartbreak for me at this point

When it comes to facades, you must constantly keep up with them, or the fantasy will break. And this is exactly what happened. She's gone for too long, ignoring us (seemingly out of spite??), and then we start to realize things lol

but I don't even know if she really cares because for example, shes even told us her real birth time. Since Priscilla and Marilyn are Geminis she probably thought it looked good to be one. Maybe she wants to be more real?

Shes maturing a lot so she probably doesn't care for having the facade, that or shes just super tired at the moment. There's just no way Lana is the real her, period. but i dont think the super white basic Californian girl is her either..

Lyrics from change:

Maybe by the time this song is done

I'll be able

To be honest, capable

Of holding you in my arms without letting you fall when I don't feel beautiful

Or stable

She is aware of her lies and how unreliable she can be.

in a weird way, maybe the amount of lies she's told makes her a 'true artist' in the respect that her approach is method and her need is to live up to whatever fantasy she's creating. idk i've had some beers i FEEL FULL OF LOVE HOLD ME

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I feel like maybe if she does ever actually put out her musical w Rick it will be v autobiographical in nature

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

I don’t know how long you’ve been a fan, but it’s been apparent since the release of UV that the LDR persona of BTD/P was a fabrication.

Like so many, including me, you probably ‘wanted to believe,’ consciously or semi-consciously, that the LDR persona as we knew her from BTD/P was authentic.

Yes yes yes!! I’m gonna have to keep the OP updated as we go along and separate them by year. I’ll edit the OP when I get home tonight

Look all I know is, the girl Lana pretends to be is who I really am (minus certain things ofc) and deff other fans so what does it matter? That girl still exists inside of me and always will. Anyone who is heartbroken needs to realize u found parts of yourself in her facade but it still exists inside of u.

anyway i just hope more artists like her come out xoxo

Lots of the artists people call “authentic” just have an “authentic-looking” persona. One being whoever they want to be and writing from their soul and taking artistic liberties to bring this artistic vision to life is a lot more authentic than artists whole shtick is “I’m so real and relatable”. Art isn’t about sharing everything about yourself. You write yourself and play yourself in the way you choose. Art is short for artifice. It doesn’t mean artists are “fake”. It’s art.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

When it comes to facades, you must constantly keep up with them, or the fantasy will break. And this is exactly what happened. She's gone for too long, ignoring us (seemingly out of spite??), and then we start to realize things lol

but I don't even know if she really cares because for example, shes even told us her real birth time. Since Priscilla and Marilyn are Geminis she probably thought it looked good to be one. Maybe she wants to be more real?

Shes maturing a lot so she probably doesn't care for having the facade, that or shes just super tired at the moment. There's just no way Lana is the real her, period. but i dont think the super white basic Californian girl is her either..

Lyrics from change:

Maybe by the time this song is done

I'll be able

To be honest, capable

Of holding you in my arms without letting you fall when I don't feel beautiful

Or stable

She is aware of her lies and how unreliable she can be.

Her actions lately do seem really spiteful to me. She's giving off a passive-aggressive vibe... it hurts because she glamorized fame and riches so much before, and we, her fans, gave that to her. But now it feels like she's giving the middle finger to us because she's worn out... I understand she's been through a lot of stress being famous, like getting a lot of stalkers/violent men targeting her. But that's no reason to be so cold to the vast majority of her fans who are good people and made her as successful as she is today.

There was one specific thing she did that broke my heart and made me slowly realize how much she's changed. Did you guys see that video of her forgetting the words to Radio during the LA to the Moon tour? She seemed so pissed that it was requested and she had to sing it. Like she seems to have a negative attitude towards the songs from the peak time of her career. Maybe she had something going on in her life then that gave her a negative association with BTD, but it was hurtful to see her have a flippant attitude toward a song that her fans have such nostalgic love for.

it's officially 2017 and we're not celebrating anything

Lots of the artists people call “authentic” just have an “authentic-looking” persona. One being whoever they want to be and writing from their soul and taking artistic liberties to bring this artistic vision to life is a lot more authentic than artists whole shtick is “I’m so real and relatable”. Art isn’t about sharing everything about yourself. You write yourself and play yourself in the way you choose. Art is short for artifice. It doesn’t mean artists are “fake”. It’s art.

I mean, I'm not asking her to reveal all the details of her personal life. No one is 100% honest and open all the time. But it's concerning that she's been exposed to have a pretty long history of lying and making false promises at this point. I wouldn't care if she told a completely made-up life story as long as she was at least honest about what she's going to release and when. That's just basic professionalism.

Her actions lately do seem really spiteful to me. She's giving off a passive-aggressive vibe... it hurts because she glamorized fame and riches so much before, and we, her fans, gave that to her. But now it feels like she's giving the middle finger to us because she's worn out... I understand she's been through a lot of stress being famous, like getting a lot of stalkers/violent men targeting her. But that's no reason to be so cold to the vast majority of her fans who are good people and made her as successful as she is today.

There was one specific thing she did that broke my heart and made me slowly realize how much she's changed. Did you guys see that video of her forgetting the words to Radio during the LA to the Moon tour? She seemed so pissed that it was requested and she had to sing it. Like she seems to have a negative attitude towards the songs from the peak time of her career. Maybe she had something going on in her life then that gave her a negative association with BTD, but it was hurtful to see her have a flippant attitude toward a song that her fans have such nostalgic love for.

I have never done anything wrong to Lana, so her having this attitude because of what some fans do isn't fair lmao, punishing a fraction of fans this way punishes all, and any new comers. Our support and m o n e y is why she can go hiding in the rich neighborhoods of LA and ignore us hahahahha

I wonder if its because of what inspired those songs. She said in a filmed interview that Radio was inspired by a guy who left her life coming back, and that things are sweet like cinnamon now because hes back. Maybe she cringes and feels bad about her past self through alot of her songs. Her not saying anything about UV's bday says alot!! either A. being spiteful or B. doesnt like past self. I also hope she isn't surrounded by anyone who makes her feel insecure about her art and past personas/self.. There is NO WAY those girls she hangs out with would be into the shit Lana represents and sings about.... I looked at one of those girls IG's and shes friends with other celebs including the karjenners, so an LA socialite who likes to befriend celebs hmmm

I mean, I'm not asking her to reveal all the details of her personal life. No one is 100% honest and open all the time. But it's concerning that she's been exposed to have a pretty long history of lying and making false promises at this point. I wouldn't care if she told a completely made-up life story as long as she was at least honest about what she's going to release and when. That's just basic professionalism.

No actually this is what has always happened in art. Just through most of history they didn’t have kids on the internet fact-checking backstories and looking for information on artists like they’re the FBI. Artists used to get a bit of privacy and were able to remain mysterious. Bob Dylan lies about his entire backstory. Jim Morrison claimed his entire family were dead. David Bowie changed personas like clothes and acted like they were real in the moment which caused him to contradict himself constantly. People knew that that’s what artists did and they deserved a little mystery.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Look, she tells lies. Everyone knows she tells lies. Whatever.

ed posted on insta an hour ago... girls and gays is it time for an uprising in the comments

Frankly, this picture sums up his most famous client's fanbase quite well rn

2v9zpkl.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Look, she tells lies. Everyone knows she tells lies. Whatever.

Frankly, this picture sums up his most famous client's fanbase quite well rn

2v9zpkl.jpg

We can discuss her lies and how they've made us feel though. And her lies aren't just "lies" as they clearly have some weight that affect how her fans feel about her. People are allowed to speak on it okay?....

anyway Ben's caption was "only way to cope" and im thinking ya.. cope with nfr not being released and Lana's silence ;(