Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Interscope knows they're gonna make a lot of money no matter when the album is released so I think it's the last of their problems

That person told me Cinnamon was 3:42 but never gave me any proof

I grilled them just in case but they haven't managed to tell me a single verifiable detail, of course.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Hmm. I mean, the post's titled NFR. Which, when u think about it, would b a great way of shaving two tracks into one, for another to take the other's slot. But. and I'm only willing to entertain this bc of that mainly, but- I also think it've'd been amazing if this was the title track all along and we wouldn't have for a million gazillion light years have guessed it. 

and, original q, I actually dk, I don't follow her insta that vividly, but I do check it online via webpage whenever I wanna hear the snippet- 

Lies aside, lyrically, it fits with what she said the title track was about.

Are we so stupid that it took us all this time to figure this out? Did she ever confirm that that was called "Happiness is a Butterfly" or we just called it that? LMAO

Lies aside, lyrically, it fits with what she said the title track was about.

Are we so stupid that it took us all this time to figure this out? Did she ever confirm that that was called "Happiness is a Butterfly" or we just called it that? LMAO

Hmmm. I mean the swing vid, she mentioned she didn't even know the words, to then the dancers whispering to her Happiness is a butterfly. Maybe that's why she sorta mocked it, knowing it was the title track. Also I mean, cum on, the insta vid. I mean I've been joking that it's the closest thing we'll ever get to an album trailer if she even yada yada but heyo yeah. I'd love for it to b the title track. The others bashing it can mini choke lmao 

oh shit, um short answer, dk if she ever called it that actually. Also, the fact that this track whatever it's titled, was also one of the first, first snippet tracks we've ever heard from her from a while following LFL -> so compile that to how she was incredibly excited for the record, even if the collection of songs were loosely connected to fit an album, the track could very just well b the main focal/conceptual point for the record. Center of the brainstorm map etc. 

Like wow I'd be even happier, happier than a butterfly ok forget that part but I'll shut up now lol 

UV/Honeymoon

Hmmm. I mean the swing vid, she mentioned she didn't even know the words, to then the dancers whispering to her Happiness is a butterfly. Maybe that's why she sorta mocked it, knowing it was the title track. Also I mean, cum on, the insta vid. I mean I've been joking that it's the closest thing we'll ever get to an album trailer if she even yada yada but heyo yeah. I'd love for it to b the title track. The others bashing it can mini choke lmao 

As I said, lyrically it fits ... and when those people at Buku shouted, "Happiness is a Butterfly", she replied, "Happiness?" as if she had nfi what they were talking about (although she could've been pretending) but her reaction would also make sense if it wasn't called that.

As I said, lyrically it fits ... and when those people at Buku shouted, "Happiness is a Butterfly", she replied, "Happiness?" as if she had nfi what they were talking about (although she could've been pretending) but her reaction would also make sense if it wasn't called that.

Primarily and more responsibly gonna just say that regardless of the reason, she probably didn't want to perform it just then. But it'd be a lot more solid, case-wise if that were the case yeah. 

edit: totally random, but imagine if it was. As someone else previously mentioned a few pages back, if she were to perform it at Malahide. I know it won't happen, but I'd seriously L O V E  it if we heard like, someone say Norman Fucking Rockwell in a Scottish accent, and I know that it's different, since the castle's in Ireland, but everytime I think of the castle nd how Lana apparently has Scottish roots, I always think of that Brave princess girl's Dad and his fooking accent. I'd do a spit take forsure 

UV/Honeymoon

Primarily and more responsibly gonna just say that regardless of the reason, she probably didn't want to perform it just then. But it'd be a lot more solid, case-wise if that were the case yeah. 

Definitely; obviously just speculating.

But just so we have it all here, here's what she said about the title track:

"So the title track is called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’ and it’s kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he, like, won’t shut up talking about it.

So often I ended up with these creative types or whatever, and you know, they just go on and on about themselves, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah.’ But there’s a little bit of merit to it also. They are so good. I just like the title track so much that I was like, ‘OK, I definitely want the record to also be called that."

And these are the lyrics we have:

[intro]

If you are in town, I’m coming

Ah, ah

[Post-Chorus]

Happiness is a butterfly

We should catch it while dancing

I lose myself in the music, baby

Everyday is a lullaby

Try to catch it like lightning

I sing it into my music, I'm crazy

[Verse]

If he's a serial killer then what's the worst

That could happen to a girl, who's already hurt?

I'm already hurt

If he's as bad as they say, then I guess I'm cursed

Looking into his eyes, I think he's already hurt

He's already hurt

[Chorus]

I said, don't be a jerk, don't call me a taxi

Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat

Ooh, oh-oh

I just wanna dance with you

Hollywood and Vine, Black Rabbit down the alley

I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue

Ooh, oh-oh

I just wanna dance

With you

[Post-Chorus]

Happiness is a butterfly

Try to catch it like every night

It escapes from my hands, into moonlight

Everyday is a lullaby

I hum it on the phone, like every night

And sing it for my babies on the tour life

Ah

I feel like there'd have to be more to it for it to really fit, but it does relate somewhat to what she describes ... mostly just the verse, though.

Idk I'm exhausted rn and I'll probably wake up, look at this post, and be like "WTF?"

Definitely; obviously just speculating.

But just so we have it all here, here's what she said about the title track:

"So the title track is called ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell’ and it’s kind of about this guy who is such a genius artist but he thinks he’s the shit and he knows it and he, like, won’t shut up talking about it.

So often I ended up with these creative types or whatever, and you know, they just go on and on about themselves, and I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah.’ But there’s a little bit of merit to it also. They are so good. I just like the title track so much that I was like, ‘OK, I definitely want the record to also be called that."

And these are the lyrics we have:

[intro]

If you are in town, I’m coming

Ah, ah

[Post-Chorus]

Happiness is a butterfly

We should catch it while dancing

I lose myself in the music, baby

Everyday is a lullaby

Try to catch it like lightning

I sing it into my music, I'm crazy

[Verse]

If he's a serial killer then what's the worst

That could happen to a girl, who's already hurt?

I'm already hurt

If he's as bad as they say, then I guess I'm cursed

Looking into his eyes, I think he's already hurt

He's already hurt

[Chorus]

I said, don't be a jerk, don't call me a taxi

Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat

Ooh, oh-oh

Hollywood and Vine, Black Rabbit down the alley

I just wanna hold you tight down the avenue

Ooh, oh-oh

I just wanna dance

With you

[Post-Chorus]

Happiness is a butterfly

Try to catch it like every night

It escapes from my hands, into moonlight

Everyday is a lullaby

I hum it on the phone, like every night

And sing it for my babies on the tour life

Ah

I feel like there'd have to be more to it for it to really fit, but it does relate somewhat to what she describes.

There's defo got to be more than that. especially if the theory-wise, this track's considered track 3, the ballad slot. That's like, a guaranteed at least, 4 min mark track length 

UV/Honeymoon

There's defo got to be more than that. especially if the theory-wise, this track's considered track 3, the ballad slot. That's like, a guaranteed at least, 4 min mark track length 

I actually somehow completely forgot that she captioned that snippet post, "Norman Fucking Rockwell". For me, that's strong "evidence" (about as much as you'd get from her, anyway) ... and before anyone comes in here all, "OMG YA'LL THINK HIAB IS NFR? HAHAHAHA. LOSERS" ... I realise it's all just speculation.

Well I'm currently fighting someone on Twitter who apparently knows her personally so I'm asking them .. will let you all know because OF COURSE they're legit.

They also say she's never had any enhancements or plastic surgery

:awk:

ETA: I feel so special! They just showed me the TRACKLIST.

https://twitter.com/DelCzech/status/1139794984943493121

ETA2: this is all LIES do not get excited.

HIaB isn’t there. I don’t buy it.

happiness is really the best song on that fucking album. I'm not even joking, i NEED it. that's the only song i want to listen to, she can keep the rest

11vllco.jpg

I actually somehow completely forgot that she captioned that snippet post, "Norman Fucking Rockwell". For me, that's strong "evidence" (about as much as you'd get from her, anyway) ... and before anyone comes in here all, "OMG YA'LL THINK HIAB IS NFR? HAHAHAHA. LOSERS" ... I realise it's all just speculation.

Mm. and I mean, the song exists, in snippets for now sure, but tangibly, it exists. Whatever it's titled- and lol fuck, if ur gonna like something, like it all the way. Those snippets. So much love for em 

/

edit: I do tho wanna know. What or whoever's not really fancying HiaB/the title track for how timid it might sound etc. Is it like, a bruise rn, or hm lemme me rephrase. Is the record still worth waiting for in ur opinions? Not to fucking gloat, but seeing as to how a lot of people think it's corny etc. - would the rest of the record bode well for u? 

I wonder how that trails off to what Lana's been posting about not being understood. Is it considered main backlash, if it is true? It's like we've got missing puzzle pieces of the puzzle and only have the borders down

UV/Honeymoon

honestly the hiab-as-the-title-track thing makes a lot of sense. (also, wasn't there a discussion about that possibility however many hundred pages back? i'm not at all trying to shut anything down, i'm just getting hella deja vu and couldn't remember whether that was a real thing or just my delusional ass inventing things)

it's just the way i feel

honestly the hiab-as-the-title-track thing makes a lot of sense. (also, wasn't there a discussion about that possibility however many hundred pages back? i'm not at all trying to shut anything down, i'm just getting hella deja vu and couldn't remember whether that was a real thing or just my delusional ass inventing things)

Let's score it as deja vu bc I think, at least for me, or maybe the argument wasn't sound enough at the time if anything, I would've remembered it at least a little if someone pointed that out. All I'm getting in flashbacks are like the insta post itself. Check it owt the gayest track of the record might b the title track, this gay's flipping his fan gurlies IS NORMAN A HUNTY OR WHAT tumblr_mwbf854nTT1qd8zg3o7_250.gif

UV/Honeymoon

HIaB isn’t there. I don’t buy it.

If any of what they said checks out, I'll post more ... but I don't want to start arguments 'n' shit over utter lies, so ...

I am leaning towards it all being lies until it is proven otherwise.

Well I'm currently fighting someone on Twitter who apparently knows her personally so I'm asking them .. will let you all know because OF COURSE they're legit.

They also say she's never had any enhancements or plastic surgery

:awk:

ETA: I feel so special! They just showed me the TRACKLIST.

https://twitter.com/DelCzech/status/1139794984943493121

ETA2: this is all LIES do not get excited.

I spoke with them ages ago on Twitter and they said they met Lana in London and she gave them the album?? And that the cover art is the MAC cover  :facepalm:

I spoke with them ages ago on Twitter and they said they met Lana in London and she gave them the album?? And that the cover art is the MAC cover  :facepalm:

Christ, they've got problems.

Maybe it's actually sis ... so many lies ... :omfg2: