Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

No actually this is what has always happened in art. Just through most of history they didn’t have kids on the internet fact-checking backstories and looking for information on artists like they’re the FBI. Artists used to get a bit of privacy and were able to remain mysterious. Bob Dylan lies about his entire backstory. Jim Morrison claimed his entire family were dead. David Bowie changed personas like clothes and acted like they were real in the moment which caused him to contradict himself constantly. People knew that that’s what artists did and they deserved a little mystery.

Chill with the condescending tone. You say "kids on the internet" like you're assuming I'm 14 or something, I'm in my 20s and I know my music history. I've gotten deep into 1960s rock music and I'd say I'm pretty well-rounded.

Of course she deserves her privacy and, like I said, I don't really mind her crafting different personas so long as she keeps her promises regarding her releases. None of those artists ever said they were going to make a ton of different projects (like all the music videos that never happened) without ever following up.

We can discuss her lies and how they've made us feel though. And her lies aren't just "lies" as they clearly have some weight that affect how her fans feel about her. People are allowed to speak on it okay?....

anyway Ben's caption was "only way to cope" and im thinking ya.. cope with nfr not being released and Lana's silence ;(

No no, I'm not saying you shouldn't talk about it or anything (considering the shit I post about that'd be extremely hypocritical, lol) ... just ... that it's not new that she tells lies. She always has. It's not the lies that bother me rn; it's the silence.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

PLEASE have an uprising in Ed’s instagram post comments! I already left like 3 comments on it about NFR and Lana (that i hope he sees because there’s only a few comments on it right now) so he is more likely to see it. I 100% recommend going and just asking at least. The more we ask, even if he himself can’t say anything, he’ll be more inclined to talk to Lana about the bitching. I still love Lana, but i also know that it takes 10 seconds to tweet “be patient guys x” and we apparently aren’t even good enough for THAT

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

No actually this is what has always happened in art. Just through most of history they didn’t have kids on the internet fact-checking backstories and looking for information on artists like they’re the FBI. Artists used to get a bit of privacy and were able to remain mysterious. Bob Dylan lies about his entire backstory. Jim Morrison claimed his entire family were dead. David Bowie changed personas like clothes and acted like they were real in the moment which caused him to contradict himself constantly. People knew that that’s what artists did and they deserved a little mystery.

I mean she said it herself SHE CONTAINS MULTITUDES. Don't u know all humans are multifaceted and multidimensional beings? all of us. David showed different sides to himself. And astrologically speaking he was very much a 12th house sun (no fixed identity, chameleon, fluid). Who knows I mean I guess art can't lie so she isn't a liar per say... I bet for the fans of those artists, realizing what was made up was heartbreaking too. And thats really all anyone meant.... its interesting to delve deep into the mystery, lies and personas. 

I dont look for info honey, I remember all of the interviews and info I've come across. My brain just works this way.

Also I remember theweeknd saying Lana is the girl he sings about and he is the guy she sings about.

I'm in my 20's btw hehe you can take it to my DMs if u wanna fight tho

i mean we've established that she lies about herself and her past right and left, but, be that as it may...how is announcing an album and then not releasing it and pretending it never existed going to help her "persona"? like, i don't think that's what this is about

it's just the way i feel

Yes yes yes!! I’m gonna have to keep the OP updated as we go along and separate them by year. I’ll edit the OP when I get home tonight

I’m very confused lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

PLEASE have an uprising in Ed’s instagram post comments! I already left like 3 comments on it about NFR and Lana (that i hope he sees because there’s only a few comments on it right now) so he is more likely to see it. I 100% recommend going and just asking at least. The more we ask, even if he himself can’t say anything, he’ll be more inclined to talk to Lana about the bitching. I still love Lana, but i also know that it takes 10 seconds to tweet “be patient guys x” and we apparently aren’t even good enough for THAT

please! do not be a pestilent scumfuck by harassing her managers

i mean we've established that she lies about herself and her past right and left, but, be that as it may...how is announcing an album and then not releasing it and pretending it never existed going to help her "persona"? like, i don't think that's what this is about

Exactly. Lying to create/maintain a persona, and setting up momentum for an album release (which she did, with the release of MAC/VB and Hope) and then killing that momentum by not saying a word about the album for ... 5 months and counting are two completely separate issues.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I was legit envisioning when Cinnamon, arguably the best song we’ve heard so far from the album, is released and it was totally anticlimactic and not even worth all of this waiting in vain so I suggest we all just f off for a while. If Lana wants to be left alone we should give her what she’s asking for by this pt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Her next live show is gonna be a mess if she doesn't talk about the album at all. I imagine fans are going to be very loud/obnoxious about it like they are on instagram.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

please! do not be a pestilent scumfuck by harassing her managers

we have to have a voice. if they didn’t want the commenting by now they would’ve turned off commenting awhile ago. they haven’t. no one is sending death threats. we are just asking for any news at all. maybe it’s just me and i’m the only one here who thinks this, but we have been patient and waited long enough, for months now. they could have the common courtesy to say anything. a yes, no, even a “you’ll see”. how many months or years of let’s say, complete silence from Lana and her team, would you take before asking her manager something?

I was legit envisioning when Cinnamon, arguably the best song we’ve heard so far from the album, is released and it was totally anticlimactic and not even worth all of this waiting in vain so I suggest we all just f off for a while. If Lana wants to be left alone we should give her what she’s asking for by this pt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it's going to be NFRs white mustang

no real climax, she posted the entire song in snippets, probably gonna be 2 minutes and thirty seconds of mood music

we have to have a voice. if they didn’t like it by now they would’ve turned off commenting awhile ago. they haven’t. no one is sending death threats. we are just asking for any news at all. maybe it’s just me and i’m the only one here who thinks this, but we have been patient and waited long enough, for months now. they could have the common courtesy to say anything. a yes, no, even a “you’ll see”. how many months or years of let’s say, complete silence from Lana and her team, would you take before asking her manager something?

1. make ur voice monetary, not annoying

2. yeah ur the only one. the only person in the world who thinks like that let me milk u as u deserve o great lord thine of originality

3. according to howlongago.com it's been 2 years, 1 month, 27 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes, and 55 seconds and im gonna guess you don't know who the fuck i am

Look, she tells lies. Everyone knows she tells lies. Whatever.

Frankly, this picture sums up his most famous client's fanbase quite well rn

2v9zpkl.jpg

Daddy

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

it's going to be NFRs white mustang

no real climax, she posted the entire song in snippets, probably gonna be 2 minutes and thirty seconds of mood music

1. make ur voice monetary, not annoying

2. yeah ur the only one. the only person in the world who thinks like that let me milk u as u deserve o great lord thine of originality

3. according to howlongago.com it's been 2 years, 1 month, 27 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes, and 55 seconds and im gonna guess you don't know who the fuck

whenever I said maybe I'm the only one who thinks we have waited long enough, I was 150% being sarcastic because I know majority of people on this site feel that way  ;)  and ummm let me guess, are you Lana herself? Omg no I bet you're Ed, her manager! :brows:  :eek:  anyways, you can chill, no need to call others 'skumfuck', I didn't want to start an argument, but I just said what I originally posted because we have the right to choose if we ask Ed about NFR or not. I'm not gonna be mad at anyone who doesn't, that is their choice. he's day drinking in a helicopter with Ellie Goulding, I truly think Ed is unbothered by some people asking about NFR  :)  

god if only Lana could announce to release happiness is a butterfly (a song that has a finished music video ready) to be released on her birthday which she could then perform the next day within a CASTLE

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

I just made this account a few days back, and if I'm being honest I always see lanaboards on other socials getting trashed and stuff, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt, people have said "there are jerks on there who are mean and problematic" etc, and I was like nah, and then I made this account, have kept to myself, and literally, the first post I make, and someone calls me a scumfuck like  :lmao:  i just find it funny because everyone always said negative things about the website. ANYWAYS, I am just a Lana fan who enjoys reading the thread and hopes for any news of any sort just like you guys. I hope to meet some nice people thru this website and if I do ever post something that is offensive to you or hurts you in any way, please please PLEASE send me a message and we can talk about it, just so we don't take up more pages of the thread. (which I know this post is doing now but I needed to just say this once)

as far as NFR being gone, just remember that no news is good news because at least she isn't saying herself that it's gone. #NORMANROCKWELLISALIVEBUTBARELYBREATHING

......at this point anyways  :awk:

god if only Lana could announce to release happiness is a butterfly (a song that has a finished music video ready) to be released on her birthday which she could then perform the next day within a CASTLE

THIS!! I do want to truly believe that if any news is happening soon it will be something on her birthday. there has to be a post of some sort at least.

Can't stream music we dont have. Stream God Control by Madonna tumblr_nn8bg66xZq1qjsaj0o10_400.gif

It’s the only good song on the album so give sis some help.

(I kid....)