Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

But she did the exact same with LFL

Hmm very strange. I hope she has extra enough to sell in the US lolol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Tbh I can’t wait for the instrumentals to leak for this album. I can’t wait to listen to it and pick them apart ugh I’m RED TEA

I hope they do leak, instrumentals seems not to leak anymore lately... 

Inb4 The Greatest inst doesn't leak ala WTWWAW

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Hey. To the ones saying NFR has already "topped UV and HM". I think the songs released aren't bad and bland as many expected, but they sound anyway quite experimental and embrionary in artistic terms. The production has nice elements to it, but isn't actually consistent. Her voice and her writing clearly aren't at her best. Go and relisten UV and HM, as I'm doing. It helps to not make a precipitate judgement on NFR based mostly on the drought that we have had gone through to get some new songs.

When I say that I think the new songs have topped UV and HM, I'm speaking subjectively and based on my perspective. It's nothing authoritative. These songs so far have a different atomosphere that really resonates with me more than the content on Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. You think that her songwriting isn't at her best, I think some of these songs are her most well written in years. I don't need to go back and listen to them again, because I've heard them enough times to form my own opinion about new music.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

When I say that I think the new songs have topped UV and HM, I'm speaking subjectively and based on my perspective. It's nothing authoritative. These songs so far have a different atomosphere that really resonates with me more than the content on Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. You think that her songwriting isn't at her best, I think some of these songs are her most well written in years. I don't need to go back and listen to them again, because I've heard them enough times to form my own opinion about new music.

I think there's two types of Lana fans, ones that like the UV album and those who like BTD and LFL.  BTD and LTF are more catchy and light on a subject level.  UV and HM seem to be darker and following a theme.

TZdW.gif

FUCK these two new songs got me  :defeated:

I just want to listen to them officially so Lana can take some more of my coins.

FIILY reminds me of Only Girl by Kali Uchis for some reason....

tenor.gif

I think there's two types of Lana fans, ones that like the UV album and those who like BTD and LFL. BTD and LTF are more catchy and light on a subject level. UV and HM seem to be darker and following a theme.

I agree! I would say that I'm a part of the latter group. UV and HM have been two of my favorite albums for years. I just wish people would learn to not take their opinions so seriously and apply them to everyone. I really don't need to listen to Ultraviolence and Honeymoon any more times lol

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't get the hate for LFL... is it just because the tone wasn't completely dark and depressing?

At first I was like wtf but "7 posts - Time Online: 7h" says it all :eek:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I agree! I would say that I'm a part of the latter group. UV and HM have been two of my favorite albums for years. I just wish people would learn to not take their opinions so seriously and apply them to everyone. I really don't need to listen to Ultraviolence and Honeymoon any more times lol

And sometimes opinions change!!! Especially when something new and different from the same artist comes and it’s just as experimental as something like UV. UV changed Lana’s sound from what she started off sounding like on BTD, which isn’t bad. I’ve been in the “UV & HM” over all group and I can honestly say this album gives me the chills I felt when I first listened to UV & HM. There’s something special to it for me personally and I can tell it means a lot to Lana & Jack. It’s just such a cool project and we’re finally getting to listen in on it and it feels so special.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

And sometimes opinions change!!! Especially when something new and different from the same artist comes and it’s just as experimental as something like UV. UV changed Lana’s sound from what she started off sounding like on BTD, which isn’t bad. I’ve been in the “UV & HM” over all group and I can honestly say this album gives me the chills I felt when I first listened to UV & HM. There’s something special to it for me personally and I can tell it means a lot to Lana & Jack. It’s just such a cool project and we’re finally getting to listen in on it and it feels so special.

Thanks for this! This is exactly where I'm coming from.

Hey! I Wrote the post trying not to sound pedantic and clearly failed at all at that. When I talk about relistening the albums was just kind of thinking aloud, as it was the process I'm doing to try to judge on a more "objective" way - there's not objective ways and I know, just my attempt- the material we are getting last weeks, even if I've listened to them thousands of times also. Either we can or not share a common view on her music, sorry if I sounded imperative, that wasn't actually my intention.

It is a CRIME that FIILY is only 3 mins and 40 seconds long

I can’t stop listening to it it’s so fucking good. This album gonna ruin me

The fact that Venice Bitch's busted ass was somehow deemed deserving of 9+ minutes when FIILY & The Greatest exist... :awkney2: :oprah2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Hey! I Wrote the post trying not to sound pedantic and clearly failed at all at that. When I talk about relistening the albums was just kind of thinking aloud, as it was the process I'm doing to try to judge on a more "objective" way - there's not objective ways and I know, just my attempt- the material we are getting last weeks, even if I've listened to them thousands of times also. Either we can or not share a common view on her music, sorry if I sounded imperative, that wasn't actually my intention.

It's totally okay! and I apologize if my post came across as rude or snarky in any way. I just think we all approach music in different ways and find a variety of things that resonate with us; whether that be lyricism, production, etc. I'm just glad that Lana has made records that speaks to different people.