Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

See, that’s a perfect example of the problem I have with the production on Honeymoon. TBD sounds beautiful in the beginning and it has elements of other songs (like Art Deco) that make it sound consistent, but then those trap beats kick in and it feels like a demo when I hear the instrumentation alone. Rick has produced some great songs for her, but on other tracks on Honeymoon and LFL (on Honeymoon especially) I’ve always felt there was something lacking.

The beats are the best PART omg combined with the synths it’s heavenly

Edit: i’m listening to the instrumental rn this MASTERPIECE...stroganoff could never

See, that’s a perfect example of the problem I have with the production on Honeymoon. TBD sounds beautiful in the beginning and it has elements of other songs (like Art Deco) that make it sound consistent, but then those trap beats kick in and it feels like a demo when I hear the instrumentation alone. Rick has produced some great songs for her, but on other tracks on Honeymoon and LFL (on Honeymoon especially) I’ve always felt there was something lacking.

where the hell is there trap on TBD?...

i got kinda emotional yesterday, it feels like this is what she wanted to do since she started doing music, this is her

I don't want to presume her dreams and hopes and what not, as those are personal to her, but I do recall her talking about wanting to find a safe haven of poets, artists, and friends and freedom when she first got into the business but instead she was met with corporatism, drama, etc...

Now here she is writing and producing an album that is folk-pop lite with psychedelic influences and very traditional instruments with little to no record label interference into the artistic direction of the record, and no pressure to have a Hit single or #1 on the charts, and she's writing poetry again, and thinking about publishing it as a vanity project rather than a financially motivated venture. She like, actually wants her writing to be out there even if its in a few ma and pa shops for free. Idk many artists who have the freedom she has, but she certainly built it for herself. I certainly feel like she's doing well for herself now. 

More OT:

I still havent heard TG, FILY, California, or Bartender at all, and ive only heard the insta snippets of Cinnamon Girl, NFR, Love Song, and Happiness is a Butterfly.

My most anticipated is The greatest -> California -> Bartender of the entirely new stuff, but in general I'm really pumped for Love Song and Happiness is a Butterfly, even though I've heard the most of that from the snippets. 

i hate gays so much its unreal

lana to her baddie friends after deciding which pair of neon shorts she'll wear next time they go to hillsong

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

no honeymoon slander. Periodt! Why does this site (and fandom in general) have to tear down another one of lana's works in order to make a different album seem superior! Both Honeymoon and NFR are perfectly stunning as they are, why compare them

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

also i've concluded that hope is a keyboard smash is a good conclusion to the record, and its placement makes me appreciate it more. A bare, honest, poetic track that reflects on the hardships in her life, but ends with her proclaiming the hope she still has :defeated:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

no honeymoon slander. Periodt! Why does this site (and fandom in general) have to tear down another one of lana's works in order to make a different album seem superior! Both Honeymoon and NFR are perfectly stunning as they are, why compare them

Exactly! They're all just different era's and just that. Every album is so different. Honeymoon is very cinematic and beautiful, Ultraviolence very rock influenced and really dreamy with the reverb and echo, Lust For Life is very hiphop influenced and my guess is that NFR will be pretty stripped/raw with a lot of piano and minimal production 

https://www.list.co.uk/article/110833-lana-del-rey-didnt-want-to-be-a-solo-artist/

New interview...? maybe? it sounds like some of the lines are direct excerpts from her 2018 zane lowe interview though

Unfortunately it’s the epitome of lazy journalism. It’s a rehash of the recent Sunday Times article which itself drew bits from 2011 interviews. Someone from The List has misinterpreted it to be a new interview, which is blatantly inaccurate.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

See, this is why I don’t bother mentioning Honeymoon. All I know is ~ in my opinion ~ NFR is gonna surpass it.

It's totally fine to be wrong sometimes honey!!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I'm done arguing with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon stans. I'll leave them alone.

Watching every publication hail NFR as Lana's magnum opus in the coming months will be hard and sobering enough for them.

DentalEnchantedFurseal-max-1mb.gif