Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

People asking for the Cassette recordings? On my Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread??

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

"If you lie down with dogs, then you'll get fleas" - a common phrase, what's wrong with it? Nothing

"There's only 24 hours in a day and half as many ways for you to lie to me, my little love" - And?

"Stranger than a stranger" - Compared to "Grab my waist, don't waste" :rip:

"Blue blue blue blue blue blue...blue" - Which is also in NFR's title track, so? Not to mention "I just wanna dance with u, I just wanna dance with u, babyyy I just wanna dance...with u! Dance....with u!....Dance...With u! FUH IT I LOVE YUHHH FUH IT I LUH YUHHHHHH...CRIMSON AND CLOVER HONEY....CRIMSON AND CLOVER HONEY.....OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVERRR HONEYYYY"

"Pink flamingos always fascinated me." - And?

"Hoes with lies akin to me" - So? U think that's bad but "it's me ya little Venice bitch!" is brilliant? LMAO "Ice cream, ice queeeeen!!!"

"Velveteen and living single - it never felt that right to me" - Living a real life & living alone doesn't appeal to her. Where's bad?

"Nothing gold can stay - like love or lemonade" - reused in Venice Bitch

"Baby, you're so ghetto." - Crap but not as bad as:

Grab my waist, don't waste

Sing it for my babies on the tour life

I just wanna dance with you

Baby I just wanna dance with you

(Dance, with you, dance)

(Dance, with you)

We were so obsessed with writing the next best American record

Cause we were just that good

It was just that good

Ice cream, ice queen

Cool as heck

Whatever’s on tonight, I just wanna party with you

I'm taking off my bathing suit!

- Etc

"All I wanna do is get high by the beach

Get high by the beach, get high

All I wanna do is get by by the beach

Get by, baby, baby, bye bye

The truth is I never bought into your bullshit

When you would pay tribute to me 'cause I know that

All I wanted to do was get high by the beach

Get high, baby, baby, bye bye" -

Ok?

(Dance, with you, dance)

(Dance, with you)

With you

California dreamin’, I got my money on my mind

(Fuck it, I love you)

Chances in my veins, running out of time

(Fuck it, I love you)

(I really do)

(Fuck it, I love you)

(Fuck it, I love you)

(Fuck it, I love you)

(I really do)

:rip:

It was pretty bold to assume that NFR is on another level lyrically where some of the lyrics are just as laughable/cringey as some on her past records. Personally speaking I find nothing wrong with the all Honeymoon lyrics you mentioned before getting to High By The Beach (which imho is the weakest song on the album)

1yc9id.gif

Let's also not get too overly excited for the new album and say its her best in the heat of the moment. You can say NFR has a more interesting, different and fresh production but saying it has better lyrics than Honeymoon it's just :rip:

THIS

Honeymoon is her most cohesive. From start to finish it feels like one complete project which i s nice. Honestly, I’d say Born to Die is her best lyrically. We haven’t gotten very many songs as unique or well written as like Off to the Races, Video Games, National Anthem, or Carmen even. Ultraviolence falls victim to the “chorus is just the song title repeated” curse, (MPG, Sad Girl, FMWUTTT). I really don’t get the hype tbh. It’s everyone's favourite album of hers but it really falls short the second half in my opinion. The first half is amazing though, without question. Lust for Life could have been great if it wasn’t so all over the place. Love Song is the only song on NFR that I feel like is bad. Everything else is spectacular. Now I just need to hear it in HQ to confirm it’s place as her best album.

People asking for the Cassette recordings? On my Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread??

now i'm not asking for them, but they have a certain charm to them

giphy.gif

Listening to Venice Bitch at max volume, high as a kite, riding around in the middle of the night is a next level experience. It’s like listening to Lana in 3D.

I caved and listened to my shit quality version of Fuck it I love you and damn that song is good.

The thing with Honeymoon is, the album rollout and the atmosphere created around the record it’s what made it 10x times better for me. It could also be that at the time I started gradually getting into her music (I was a fan during the late BTD/ beginning of UV eras but I wasn’t as much into Lana until late 2013). I’m so attached to Honeymoon and it brings me so many beautiful memories. I vividly remember being on vacation in Mallorca, Spain, and rushing to one of the Big Hotels in the street to get Wi-Fi and see all the news about the new record. I also remember the feeling I got when I first saw the track list. It was so beautiful and me and my friend were wondering the meaning behind each track and its titles. Also, Terrence Loves You dropped the day of my birthday (which by the way it’s today :hottie:) and I made my mom drive all the way to one of the hills to play it: we got lost and she freaked out and started panicking because it was so dark.

I have so many other memories tied with this amazing record I could literally make a poem-

Long story short, when it finally came out I thought it was even better than Ultraviolence which was my favorite body of work from her at the time. I liked each song. There wasn’t even one I couldn’t get into. It created such a magic, mystical and dreamy atmosphere.

She described it as her vanity-project and that’s what made it so special. She wasn’t talking about climate change, her kids and the tour lYfe or whatever, it was only about her and her feelings.

I think most of us have so many memories tied to Ultraviolence and Honeymoon and that’s what makes it impossible for me to top them. They’re always going to stay at the top of her discography as her best two albums.

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

For me, I was obsessed with both Honeymoon and LFL when they came out. While I still think that there are many gems on both albums (The Blackest Day. Salvatore, Swan Song, Get Free, Heroine, etc.), Ultraviolence is the one I always go back to. I love all tracks.

I feel like NFR will be just as timeless for me.

zXzLCRU.png

Woke up yet another day withn no HQ l*ak....wake me up on august 30 bye

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Tbh I'm not so excited about this record. I mean, after MAC and VB I was totally hyped, I love these two songs. 

Now I've heard the album few times, and apart Cinnamon Girl and California the rest is just.. boring. Songs are way too similar, just piano and voice. 

And she totally killed "Best American Record" so..

Hope I'm wrong, maybe when I'll get the record (the hq audio will help appreciated the music) I'll change my mind. 

Tbh I'm not so excited about this record. I mean, after MAC and VB I was totally hyped, I love these two songs. 

Now I've heard the album few times, and apart Cinnamon Girl and California the rest is just.. boring. Songs are way too similar, just piano and voice. 

And she totally killed "Best American Record" so..

Hope I'm wrong, maybe when I'll get the record (the hq audio will help appreciated the music) I'll change my mind.

I thought something like that at first but the other songs are starting to grow on me real quick. I listen to Bartender and The Greatest the most rn.

And I think most of us here agreed we’ll just ignore the new BAR and keep listening to the old one

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The thing with Honeymoon is, the album rollout and the atmosphere created around the record it’s what made it 10x times better for me. It could also be that at the time I started gradually getting into her music (I was a fan during the late BTD/ beginning of UV eras but I wasn’t as much into Lana until late 2013). I’m so attached to Honeymoon and it brings me so many beautiful memories. I vividly remember being on vacation in Mallorca, Spain, and rushing to one of the Big Hotels in the street to get Wi-Fi and see all the news about the new record. I also remember the feeling I got when I first saw the track list. It was so beautiful and me and my friend were wondering the meaning behind each track and its titles. Also, Terrence Loves You dropped the day of my birthday (which by the way it’s today :hottie:) and I made my mom drive all the way to one of the hills to play it: we got lost and she freaked out and started panicking because it was so dark.

I have so many other memories tied with this amazing record I could literally make a poem-

Long story short, when it finally came out I thought it was even better than Ultraviolence which was my favorite body of work from her at the time. I liked each song. There wasn’t even one I couldn’t get into. It created such a magic, mystical and dreamy atmosphere.

She described it as her vanity-project and that’s what made it so special. She wasn’t talking about climate change, her kids and the tour lYfe or whatever, it was only about her and her feelings.

I think most of us have so many memories tied to Ultraviolence and Honeymoon and that’s what makes it impossible for me to top them. They’re always going to stay at the top of her discography as her best two albums.

First, happy birthday, I hope you have a great day :) Second, I really love this little story. Honeymoon's calm and atmospheric sounds just make me feel at home and safe. I never understood why it was looked at with a lesser approval than BTD/UV. Truly, a masterpiece of an album! I'm really hoping NFR! will be the most personal album to me. I just moved 1,300 miles away for college and I really need a nice, calm Lana album to help me feel more secure and homely. MAC and VB have already done a great job and I just want the rest of the album to be anthemic to my next few years in college.