Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

in tropico i got the impression she was a sex worker. weirdly in the ride video, i..... didn't get the impression she was. i did get the impression she was suggesting she was poor though.

think what critical people are talking about here is the relationship between sex work and poverty of which there's a strong link and the glamorisation of it being problematic due to the consequences of it for many people, particularly if they're marginalised 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

dk bout u guys, but I'm already mentally preparing myself for how i'm gonna listen to this record, which tracks'll go to which drives. what times. how i'll listen to it, and just. GAWD. i'm excited as heck. It's been a shitty ride, almost like a year, but negl venice held things up for a real long time for me. MAC haven't listened for a while, so it'll still be a bit fresh. Hope? Had a weird sincere moment w it already, so yeah im accustomed to it, but bc I already explored the song, I'm ok w it. 

The Greatest came out, like a week ago. FIILY? I caved and listened. The rest of the record? Nothing against the peeps who've listened, but i've waited so the hq'll be fresh. 
IDK how it FUCKING HAPPENED. but we got the groovy vinyl colors after my fucking rants. PINK? Someone's looking out for me I just know it I swear. So fucking happy. Like idk who to thank, but just (I'm mentally pointing to that person(s)) like, T H A N K  Y O U. 

u guys, we're a fucking mess, but. it works somehow? nice sharing laughs w ya's, let's keep going. I can't wait to get lowkey annoyed of how our opinions'll clash and shit next. it's already so fucking memorable for me imma shut up now. 2v3sakn.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

in tropico i got the impression she was a sex worker. weirdly in the ride video, i..... didn't get the impression she was. i did get the impression she was suggesting she was poor though.

think what critical people are talking about here is the relationship between sex work and poverty of which there's a strong link and the glamorisation of it being problematic due to the consequences of it for many people, particularly if they're marginalised

I get what you‘re saying but a music video, just like movies or tv shows, is a form of acting and in that case any movie about war would be problematic because there are still wars in the world and veterans are suffering consequences because of war or any movie about poor families for example would obviously be portrayed by rich actors or any movie with a murder in it would be insensitive to people who had someone pass away because their family member was murdered by someone... it just feels to me like you can see a problem anywhere if you want to. Like obviously poverty is very real and not a joke but i never felt like lana was being like „look, i‘m poor“ and if she portrayed a sex worker in tropico she played a character... idk it just seems too far-fetched i feel like this is entering the whole born to die glamorizes suicide discussion which thankfully died down...

OT: cant wait to see the music video and also how did that clown account get us discussing this stuff...

It's not even called In Your Car for one...

And who cares if it's "cliche"... that just showing your true colors as a fan that you distance yourself from it because of it being "cliche". That's pretty cliche of what douchey hipsters do.

How is that douchey? it’s called having an opinion ..?

I get what you‘re saying but a music video, just like movies or tv shows, is a form of acting and in that case any movie about war would be problematic because there are still wars in the world and veterans are suffering consequences because of war or any movie about poor families for example would obviously be portrayed by rich actors or any movie with a murder in it would be insensitive to people who had someone pass away because their family member was murdered by someone... it just feels to me like you can see a problem anywhere if you want to. Like obviously poverty is very real and not a joke but i never felt like lana was being like „look, i‘m poor“ and if she portrayed a sex worker in tropico she played a character... idk it just seems too far-fetched i feel like this is entering the whole born to die glamorizes suicide discussion which thankfully died down...

OT: cant wait to see the music video and also how did that clown account get us discussing this stuff...

i'd say the poverty issue is relevant but is the tip of the iceberg. sex work is a loaded thing due to its relationship with socioeconomic disadvantage, this means it's often a profession resorted to by trans people and people of colour, even refugees. there's also the relationship to drug use, addiction, sex trafficking and rape. it isn't just "appropriating anything"... it's far more complex 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

And what I've learned from these 4 weeks of lurking is that lana's fans think in fact she's a nazi who hates the black and wants to kill the gays and don't do shit for the poor and has NO CREATIVITY AT ALL and her songs are crap, but they can't wait for that HQ leak lol

Calm tf down

I'm def super excited for the video premier tomorrow and NFR in 9 days !!!. I'm also glad that I have friends in the UK since the UK exclusive cassette version of NFR was announced today and doesn't ship to the States (I know cuz I tried already). I per-ordered it today and I'm shipping it to my mate's house; he'll then mail it to me - Fucking winning :woot: . I've never per-ordered this many versions of a Lana album ever.

CGU7wPb.png

It legit looks like an ad for activewear

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

lb 1 month ago: i will not be buying the album she doesnt deserve my money after the way we been neglected this is an abusive relationship i hope nfr flops so she learns what happens when you do clownery this [misogynistic label] wont get my coins I Miss The Bouffant Hair

lb now: i have 20 copies of this album arriving to my flat on the 30th.

Don't worry, I'll be keeping it 100 for the rest of you :hooker:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Except for my last post earlier about getting the NFR UK exclusive cassette, I've kinda missed the last 10+ pages from today, but are peeps seriously arguing over music videos??? All because some random on Twitter threw some kind of shade at Lana for "acting" poor hahaha. Seriously tho y'all, they're just music videos and it's just another form of art. Maybe I'm missing the point, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm not expecting Lana to appease every democratic in her music or music videos. Again, maybe I'm missing the point. I'm just fucking boosted for what we're being fed tomorrow and I'm not trying to read something vague into it

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png