Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm def super excited for the video premier tomorrow and NFR in 9 days !!!. I'm also glad that I have friends in the UK since the UK exclusive cassette version of NFR was announced today and doesn't ship to the States (I know cuz I tried already). I per-ordered it today and I'm shipping it to my mate's house; he'll then mail it to me - Fucking winning :woot: . I've never per-ordered this many versions of a Lana album ever.

CGU7wPb.png

oh my fucking god i thot this was fake

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

I think the discourse around the video coming out tomorrow is pretty ridic, but her Paradise era videos (which I love, don’t get it twisted), do have their share of cultural appropriation, which is worth critique, this talk of her wrongly romanticizing certain things is one I don’t know if I’m on the same page with though. Her songs are not meant to be objective, she sings about really complicated emotions that relate to abuse, drugs, men, and what not. And as dark as those things can be, theres a reason its easy to get caught up in cycles with them because theres always the initial high that a lot of ppl do romanticize ourselves. At the end of the day I think ppl can think for themselves and some ppl put way too much weight on artists bcuz some ppl inevitably are going to misinterpret their work in a toxic way. It would be impossible not to even if the artist did everything right, but that doesn’t mean they should sanitize their work and only sing about safe things.

Lana’s aesthetic constantly switches between “forgotten starlet drinking the pain away in a mansion by the sea” and “broke gal drinking beer with the boys in a dingy bar– also by the sea”

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

I think the discourse around the video coming out tomorrow is pretty ridic, but her Paradise era videos (which I love, don’t get it twisted), do have their share of cultural appropriation, which is worth critique, this talk of her wrongly romanticizing certain things is one I don’t know if I’m on the same page with though. Her songs are not meant to be objective, she sings about really complicated emotions that relate to abuse, drugs, men, and what not. And as dark as those things can be, theres a reason its easy to get caught up in cycles with them because theres always the initial high that a lot of ppl do romanticize ourselves. At the end of the day I think ppl can think for themselves and some ppl put way too much weight on artists bcuz some ppl inevitably are going to misinterpret their work in a toxic way. It would be impossible not to even if the artist did everything right, but that doesn’t mean they should sanitize their work and only sing about safe things.

Mm. Letting u know now, I never really kept up w that sorta stuff those days, gen curious, but I do remember at that time, that things weren't as tender back then. She slipped away w it, bc the atmosphere wasn't as heavy. I think the main thing about her work, was the romanticization of domestic abuse, but yeah, i think it's a lot easier to judge than think for yourself, so things might've been easier to just judge. Wasn't into her as much as I was since West Coast, but I remember how her sound was really apart from the others at the time, and thought her tone was so different and drunk sounding. Born to Die sounded like some kinda suicidal record, and maybe it's just my perspective, but I always thought that the record was some kind of gate, having a kind of metaphorical death of yourself, and being new again. 

I think it's worrisome that things are being so minutely dissected, and I get both sides, but sometimes, art, or at least the more profound it is imo, really carries a lot of pain and touches on how that came to be, and it's not necessarily wise to just blurt out how that pain might've come to be by pushing it down, bc life really isn't just about the beautiful moments alone, but how we get there, and, at least for me, it's a lot wiser to really look at the outliers of normal social behaviors and taboos, if only to share those experiences thru starting the conversation, and to really be able to respect the pain, to be able to deeply heal.

Not gonna get into what the guidelines or criteria of what something is or has to b to b considered art, but it's a definite kind of expression, and imo, it should be in some way, honest of what that individual is thinking or feeling. I think it's a shame how people can repress and limit themselves because of how they can't lose control (at least in a safe space), bc sometimes, I think really, it's the highs and lows we explore that really teach us the hardest between the constants we experience. We should really be a lot kinder and more understanding w one another, instead of chastising each other, like what a wasted opportunity for moving more socially forward as a species. 

We should reserve it for salvatore

He logged in today, i think he's waiting for that too yeah mm

UV/Honeymoon

Yall what time are the singles coming out?

3 PM EST with the videos

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't know if this has been going on but I just  got home and the video on YouTube said people waiting and then it started. My point is it's up now, maybe I just didn't know it.

Strange I am watching it right now on another page. This link doesn't work.  WEIRD

I don't know if this has been going on but I just  got home and the video on YouTube said people waiting and then it started. My point is it's up now, maybe I just didn't know it.

Strange I am watching it right now on another page. This link doesn't work.  WEIRD

clicked it anyway, 12pm tmrw for me - so fuckin close 301llid.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

The only song that I didn't hear anything from (including snippets) is Bartender. I guess that will be the first song I listen to on August 30th XD

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg