Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Man you should never listen to Joni Mitchell either then. She overuses the word blue even more than Lana does... and she’s considered one of the best lyricists of all time...

Joni Mitchell usually uses blue creatively, rather than "paint me blue, blue, blue, blue, blue blue...blueee.........blue" 

The day Lana writes anything like Roses Blue using blue is the day u can quote me with that comparison :rip:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Joni Mitchell usually uses blue creatively, rather than "paint me blue, blue, blue, blue, blue blue...blueee.........blue" 

The day Lana writes anything like Roses Blue using blue is the day u can quote me with that comparison :rip:

photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

Lol here we go again with the LFL slander

i'd be surprised if a day passes without it.. . *circus music* 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Sorry but I have to disagree. Ultraviolence has much more intricate and interesting melodies than NFR. A lot of the instrumentals on NFR feel unintentionally distored and weak, the whole album lacks bass and heavy beats (besides HTD and Cinnamon Girl), which makes it sound a dry and flat most of the time. Nothing groundbreaking melodically, the piano bits all sound basic and not intricate. I don't know who mixed that album, but Lana's voice sounds like a whisper on a lot of tracks, like it's drowned in weaky instrumentals. 

Ultraviolence is a fucking atmospheric and transcendent album, NFR can only wish.

Norman Fucking Rockwell has great songs, but it's not as flawless as you make it sound to be.

Jackrabbit Antonoff pioneer my ass!

I can concede some points on production, it's definitely a personal-preference thing. I don't mind the softer sound.

But from a music theory POV, NFR is much WORDIER and therefore much harder to write. Far more variation with chord progressions too. The chorus of Lovesong is longer than the verses and yet it doesn't musically resolve until the last line. It's hard to weave a long progression like that.

NglI just want this album to get the critical acclaim it deserves. :defeated:

If this album gets (at least) 80/100 on Metacritic I'll literally cry :defeated:

The G*ardian better give those 5 stars too

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

im dead omg bye

giphy.gif

@Arcadia

No not yet, i haven't listened to anything other than MAC, VB, Hope and Doin Time. Mainly i've just been reading everyone else's opinions for now. But stay tuned sis, I'm so thrilled to hear my baby art angel formally known as Love Song, anyone thats following my twitter knows my dedication towards that song... im nearly crying just thinking about it. The amount of times i've been stuck in work watching couples walk by and hearing the snippet over and over again in my head, and the feeling of desperation to not feel so alone in the world. God only knows how i'll be feeling the second i hear those strings in HQ on my audio technica's :xcry:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

"lana del rey in 15 minutes"

start the meltdowns

giphy.gif

AND THE LIVIN'S EASYYYYYYYYYY

giphy.gif