Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

wait what's different about Bartender

nothing dw I didn't listen to the lq version

completely unrelated but for anyone looking to ignore a certain nasty blue turnip, you can do that by going to my settings, then to 'ignore preferences' on the side. Worked great for me! :)

and yes they are 100% a troll, they were arguing with everyone who had a criticism of Lana telling them to shut up until recently, now they're trying to drag everyone that has something positive to say. We know they switch!

locals only

Bartender

Whew

Nfr is great, Jack gave us some of her best songs and personal favorites for sure and something new in general but after listening to bartender, it's like the classic Lana, I think Rick understands LDR artistically more than anyone

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

What i find most interesting about this album is, not one person seems to dislike it. I think that's pretty amazing. In fact i've only seen 1 or two pretencious buttholes claiming its not mixed properly or something stupid but thats it. Have we ever had this much praise for the new album during other era's? Im so excited to hear this album, it seems to have everything i love incorporated into it

Agreed, I love the energy of this era, LFL was so negative (post-release)

It’s not wrong though, check out Mark Ronsons This DJ documentary. U tried, again :rip:

She literally said to turn the harp down because it sounded like Mariah. Can you get better at trolling or at least be funny?

not related really but Amy Winehouse is an awesome lyricist ugh, I'm thinking about Wake Up Alone rn and i wanna cry

No "grab my waist, don't waste" lines :flutter:

No overuse of blue :flutter:

No overuse of party dress, fucking mess :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

MAC is an Annie Mac diss track! annie took lana's sadness out of context and lana was like hold on lemme write a song about this bitch

lana premiering MAC on bbc radio 1 (2018):

:sideeye: :sideeye: :sideeye:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

COMPOSITIONALLY, it's her most advanced album. Maybe not the CATCHIEST, but its easily more complex than LFL/UV. Bartender (with its literally DIVINE rhyme scheme) and Lovesong (which is structured so oddly but beautifully) are proof that she and Jack are pioneers of the industry right now. They are radically different than any other song a pop artist could produce

Sorry but I have to disagree. Ultraviolence has much more intricate and interesting melodies than NFR. A lot of the instrumentals on NFR feel unintentionally distored and weak, the whole album lacks bass, drum beats or even heavy electronic beats (besides HTD and Cinnamon Girl), which makes it sound dry and flat most of the time. It's about counterbalancing instruments to create a balanced sound. Nothing groundbreaking melodically, the piano bits all sound basic and not intricate. Also, I don't know who mixed that album, but Lana's voice sounds like a whisper on a lot of tracks, like it's drowned in weaky instrumentals. 

Ultraviolence is a fucking atmospheric and transcendent album, NFR can only wish.

Norman Fucking Rockwell has great songs, but it's not as flawless as you make it sound to be, not saying Ultraviolence was either, but it's not on the same level for sure.

Jackrabbit Antonoff pioneer my ass!

Why are we bagging on Lana's usage of "blue??"

Being (painted) blue is clearly a very personal + emotional concept for her. She deadass cried in an interview about Black Beauty/not seeing the world in its full colors.

Some of the sparer, really heartfelt songs on Lust for Life reminded me of the Ultraviolence song “Black Beauty.”

That’s a sad song. In that song—[singsI keep my lips red like cherries in the spring/Darling, you can’t let everything seem so dark blue—that’s a girl who is still seeing the blue sky and a putting on a pop of color just for herself. But this [other] person—it was all black for them. And my world became inky with those overtones. [At this, Lana begins to cry, and we pause for a moment.]

What made you cry just now?

In that moment, when I said “pop of color,” I was connected to that feeling of only being able to see a portion of the world in color. And when you feel that way, you can feel trapped.

Are you seeing the world in color now?

[sighs] I don’t really know how to describe my perspective at the moment.

It's a complex lyric and a complex idea. So it's being explored over multiple songs. What's the issue with that?

Why actually BBC Radio1 and not something like Beats 1? Isn't she very close with Apple?

BBC R1 was the first station to ever play her music with Video Games

not related really but Amy Winehouse is an awesome lyricist ugh, I'm thinking about Wake Up Alone rn and i wanna cry

so true. Like I was only 12/13 when I fell in love with her. she was not mainstream at all, still people loved her music. a real queen.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

What i find most interesting about this album is, not one person seems to dislike it. I think that's pretty amazing. In fact i've only seen 1 or two pretencious buttholes claiming its not mixed properly or something stupid but thats it. Have we ever had this much praise for the new album during other era's? Im so excited to hear this album, it seems to have everything i love incorporated into it

Wait for my opinion baby  :hooker:

Agreed, I love the energy of this era, LFL was so negative (post-release)

as it should've been mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

No "grab my waist, don't waste" lines :flutter:

No overuse of blue :flutter:

No overuse of party dress, fucking mess :flutter:

you're annoying as fuck vro

giphy.gif