Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Okay I'm listening to it now and wtf did they do to FIILY, thank god I don't really listen to CDs so I'm just going to replace this with the single version file and pretend I never heard thisΒ  :crossed:

...love song..those lines " is it safe is it safe to just be who we are.."

Β 

That hit me. Growing up and living in a country where being gay is not accepted at all,seen as a taboo with disgusting looks everywhere you go and people thinking gays should be kept in an asylum.

My only hope and dream is that she finally is making a proper album with Miles Kane. She mentioned in an interview for L4L that they formed a band but not much came from it. Imagine Lana vocal with Last Shadow Puppets / Arctic Monkeys sound....

Β 

Ugh omg yes. I've been waiting for a sound like that for years, but I have a feeling it would only happen if their schedules align again.Β  :ohno:

We suddenly don't care if she's gonna play the whole album on Annie Mac or not, cause we already have it

Annie leaked the albumΒ 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Β 

That hit me. Growing up and living in a country where being gay is not accepted at all,seen as a taboo with disgusting looks everywhere you go and people thinking gays should be kept in an asylum.

is there any country in the world where being gay is totally fine?Β 

Β 

Β 

I felt exactly the same hearing that line for the first time. I have no idea how but lana really gets us gays

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

I better not see anyone drag stranger than a stranger again after loving β€œgrab my waist, don’t waste” & tired party dress/fucking mess lines just cause it’s new :rip:

One is clever and one is just embarrassing...not even in the same realm.

is there any country in the world where being gay is totally fine?Β 

Β 

no but there are countries where it's easier and there are countries where it's hell.. even illegal

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Annie Mariners Apartment Complex

Β 

Annie MAC

Β 

MAC is an Annie Mac diss track! annie took lana's sadness out of context and lana was like hold on lemme write a song about this bitch

giphy.gif

There is nothing clever about either of them, go home :rip:

β€œTouch me anywhere β€˜cause I’m your baby

Grab my waist, don’t waste any part.”

Β 

Cute attempt at making stranger look better, though.

Yes, of course. She already does dip into unfamiliar waters with her lyrics sometimes. She just also likes playing around with her comfortable themes. I like that at this point, she does both.

I think she did on Honeymoon, the whole album was very different lyrically (ok she dipped into familiar water once in a few tracks), but for the most part it felt really fresh, especially on Honeymoon, MTWBT, Terrence Loves You.