Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Omg, those sound like amazing places to go and listen to the whole album. What an experience that will be for you. I might steal some of those ideas myself lol, and for me the beach where I live is probably the best place because it’s normally not too packed after like 4pm, and that’s when I normally like to go, so ima go by myself with some medicine and just get lost to the album.. and I also cried to the double videos lolol. It was such an amazing experience! I couldn’t help and stop myself from shedding some tears lmao.

Omg. I swear we almost have the same taste lol, because I love all those songs you mentioned and I’m glad that like me you love the re worked version of BAR. I’m glad I’m not the only one, I really love and enjoy it so much. Like I’ve said, had we not known about the leaked demo I think people would appreciate it more and I can’t wait to see the reactions from people that have never heard any versions of it. It’s going to scalp them lmao. If I’m being honest I can’t wait to see reaction videos from the YouTubers that make reaction videos, especially ayjay lol.

Thanks, and yeah I hope so too. I'm not trying to really expect anything, but I'm sure the environments I'll end up in'll just hep me better get immersed with the music. and lol yeah sure go ahead, enjoy, enjoy! and that sounds great. The beaches around here are packed, especially packed since it's summer, and I rarely like crowds unless I'm with a group of friends too so that's probably not gonna happen for like a bit. I actually didn't cry at the videos, cried when they leaked in gq, and stuff was going on that synced me a bit to the situational shit the songs were about and it's funny how that fucking happens unwillingly, unintentionally gaah. 

And heyo yeah that's cool! California's easily one of my faves that I can just listen to anytime. Both versions of FIILY, bc it's so catchy. HiaB is beautiful, a bit repetitive imo, but it works, and TNBAR's still pretty solid, compared to the original. I think the lyrical changes make the track a lot more intimate, making it more apprehensive for others to understand how much more sadder it can be, when their love goes south. I love the vapid lyrics, like it's some sort of defiance to how intelligent she can be, nd the devil may care attitude is something I've loved in concept too. It's a lot more iconic imo yeah, and I haven't really watched review/reaction vids about these things, but I think I might, after I find my own understanding for the entire record first. 

UV/Honeymoon

She technically did have a career since the mid 2000s but one of the interviewers said she has been doing this successfully for 15 years and.. idk about all that.. She only has been doing this successfully for like 8 years.

qfrWuBl.png

She technically did have a career since the mid 2000s but one of the interviewers said she has been doing this successfully for 15 years and.. idk about all that.. She only has been doing this successfully for like 8 years.

See my comment above - that sort of strange 'fact' is the result of an interviewer doing the bare minimum of research before an interview (in this case, reading the press release handed to them just before they start).

Edit: I've gotta stop posting when I'm meant to be working, and only half understanding things.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Has anyone received a tracking number for their vinyl yet?

Mur*(idk what i was typing then, sleep deprived a bit srry) probs talking about her official store vinyls nd merch, but I’ve the same question about the urban vinyl too. I’d usually just grab her stuff in store, but anyone know when the pink vinyl’ll ship?

UV/Honeymoon

https://alt1053.radio.com/blogs/dk/lana-del-rey-dk

Another interview, the site’s only acessible in the US tho. She’s really promoting huh

She is also doing another radio interview tomorrow with the Los Angeles alternative station also owned by the same parent company, they always have Doin’ Time on rotation

Sirens and AKA are classics.

also what if this is a hint at a Sirens and AKA rerelease

giphy.gif

When she's a lebanese on the doin time mv and shuts down the rumors that she's a republican... THAT'S WHAT I WANT

if anything that’ll just make people call her a queerbaiting republican

qfrWuBl.png

I imagine it's okay to post the link since it's nothing illegal/leaking.

About the music video for Doin Time, which supposedly is coming out tomorrow

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1uYZxrHjyT/

Charlie's Angels new trailer with the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e13mgujCfB0

Screen shot of the supposedly music video coming out tomorrow.

2Vf5brus7PI.jpg

i'm all for that, but what is this wig? 

it's literally standing three inches off of her scalp and is slightly askew. :toofunny:

tenor.gif?itemid=9505654

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Rankings (for now):

1. Venice bitch
  2. The greatest
  3. Fuck it I love you
  4. Cinnamon Girl
  5. Bartender
  6. California
  7. Mariners apartment complex
  8. Doin' time
  9. The Next Best American Record
  10. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it
  11. Happiness is a butterfly
  12. Norman fucking Rockwell
  13. Love song
  14. How to disappear

In the cock in the cock in the cockpit I’m your pilot

FlashyEmbellishedInchworm-small.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Thanks, and yeah I hope so too. I'm not trying to really expect anything, but I'm sure the environments I'll end up in'll just hep me better get immersed with the music. and lol yeah sure go ahead, enjoy, enjoy! and that sounds great. The beaches around here are packed, especially packed since it's summer, and I rarely like crowds unless I'm with a group of friends too so that's probably not gonna happen for like a bit. I actually didn't cry at the videos, cried when they leaked in gq, and stuff was going on that synced me a bit to the situational shit the songs were about and it's funny how that fucking happens unwillingly, unintentionally gaah.

And heyo yeah that's cool! California's easily one of my faves that I can just listen to anytime. Both versions of FIILY, bc it's so catchy. HiaB is beautiful, a bit repetitive imo, but it works, and TNBAR's still pretty solid, compared to the original. I think the lyrical changes make the track a lot more intimate, making it more apprehensive for others to understand how much more sadder it can be, when their love goes south. I love the vapid lyrics, like it's some sort of defiance to how intelligent she can be, nd the devil may care attitude is something I've loved in concept too. It's a lot more iconic imo yeah, and I haven't really watched review/reaction vids about these things, but I think I might, after I find my own understanding for the entire record first.

Thank you buddy! And I’m sure you will, this album is super immersive. It totally gets me into my feelings and every song hits the spot just right lolol. Omg I’m super excited to going out to my local store that has the cd and grabbing my copy and purchasing it and then playing it in my car lol, that’s my final step for me to fall in love with the album even more than what I already am lol. Ugh I cannot wait till Friday. I already warned my dude that he’s going to have to put up with me listening to the album all the way through in the car lmao for the next few months lmao. And he’s like, “don’t worry I already got used to it. You did the same thing when Lust For Life came out” and I couldn’t help but laugh and give him a huge hug lol. Lana ha impact lol. Omg I totally suggest that you look up ajay on YouTube and watch her reactions to all of Lana’s albums starting with BTD. she’s pretty much the only reactor that I love to watch because she comes off as super genuine and real. Unlike a lot of others that seem to fake like stuff just to appease the fans and get their views, like if she doesn’t like so,etching she will straight up and say it, just like with Ariana’s album sweetener. She pretty much disliked the whole thing lmao. Her Lust For Life reaction was amazing lmao, she actually started tearing up. But yea if you haven’t watched her reactions to Lana yet. I highly recommend that you do lol. Then let me know what you think lolol.

I don't understand why she would put a music video today for Doin' Time. She released it in May and the song's been dead on YouTube since July. Plus, it's only been a week since the double music video. What is she trying to do? It's already not doing so well, but it's gonna be so forgotten if she puts out another video now. The only video that would've made a bit of sense for me is for the title track. But DT? I have a strong feeling she's gonna flop and make the double video flop even more.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~