Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

only the booklet. the poster is target exclusive

OMG FINALLY someone told me <3

I will pick the FNAC version that is the same as Target one if i don't receive my preorder tomorrow

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I'll miss this thread tomorrow. Love you all so much. You gave me alot of memories sisters. I was lurking around for a long time and many times I felt happy reading your messages. Ksksks see you in the post release thread.

It's weird to think that this thread is coming to an end. I joined LB for it when the era had just started. And we made history by making it the longest thread on LB! That's really cool.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

i'm so emotional, i wasn't here for too long but so many iconic things happened in just last couple of weeks. imma miss it

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I haven’t been participating on Lanaboards long, but I’ve really enjoyed this thread and you guys. Thanks for validating my stupid jokes and making me feel like part of the community. Can’t wait for the post-release thread :kiss:

I haven’t been participating on Lanaboards long, but I’ve really enjoyed this thread and you guys. Thanks for validating my stupid jokes and making me feel like part of the community. Can’t wait for the post-release thread :kiss:

same, everyone irl is so tired of me constantly talking about lana as if she's the only singer out there so I'm glad i found a place where i can shitpost to death about her and still being liked for it

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I just wanna pop in and say a few things:

- How the HECK have y’all written almost 800 more pages in just these two weeks I’ve been voluntarily absent from this thread?? :toofunny:

- I’M EXCITED FOR THE DOIN’ TIME VIDEO!!! :woot: I still haven’t watched/listened to FIILY or the greatest (but I will tomorrow) so I’m really looking forward to this one!! :woot:

- JUST ONE MORE DAY FOR THE ALBUM RELEASE, YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!! :woot: We made it!! :icant:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Anyways, now to rate the album

NFR: The intro to the album is quintessential Lana. It’s a total 50s track with the strings & piano & although not the most craziest (including the rest of the album) in terms of structure it makes up for it in every single way. It completely encompasses what the album’s vibe will sell you. Yet, it doesn’t reveal too much either. I would compare this one to Happiness Is A Butterfly. They feel like sister tracks. It’s a very dreamy song that’s a good start to the record. Probably my favorite title track from her. I give it a 10/10

MAC: This song I have a love/hate relationship with. The lyrics speak to me so much & is one of her best in lyrics & emotion. Yet, goddamn the mixing was terrible at first release. It felt like she sang too loud to the mic & it was sounding too static-y. Although, they fixed it & made it less so & much more bearable. I’d say it’s one of the more evocative songs she’s done. It’s very Lana, yet very different for her. The lyrics are on par with BTD & the track oozes atmosphere. It’s a total ‘high by the beach’ vibe. Though I was tough on her, she’s a beauty. She gets a 8.5/10

VB: THIS SONG. One of her best hands down. It’s just so Lizzy. It’s a simple song lyrically! It’s cute, a little bit fun, & it’s such a good shock. It feels like an embodiment of a summer of fun feels like. The production is stellar & it’s such a mood song. Veering from an almost picturesque late 60s teen couple to an unnervingly sexy anthem. This song is THE PERSONA of Lana Del Rey. A bit moody, a bit sexy, but always fun. The lyrics are simple but convey so much. The guitar & tone of the production almost feels like she’s scrolling through her life. It’s glitchy & feels like a literal trip. To top it all off, it’s the embodiment of every era. The cute lyrics, blazing guitars, the summer California sound, to the versatility of lust for life. A standout on the album & the signature Lana song no doubt. 10/10

FIILY: Both versions of this song are so different. It’s another dreamy song, but it’s not a mood one. It’s one to drive it cool too. Weather it’s the slower molasses chorus or the best heavy one it’s a cute little track that serves its purpose. So far with the album while it’s the simplest in structure it absolutely reveals the most. This one is the Cherry of the album. Yet, it gives so much more. Not only is it a bop, but depending on weather you wanna dance or cry you just gotta pay attention to the lyrics or to the beat.

9/10

DT: While I’m not fond of a cover being on the album, it does fit the California vibe of this record. It’s THE bop of the album. She made the song her bitch & it feels like it was made for her. The good thing is that with how much of a mood album this is the track is here. It give you time to dance & make you jive it up or to take a bathroom break/ get your food with it playing faintly in the background. Truly a multipurpose QUEEN! One of her better covers for sure. The best is what makes it stand out so much tbh! 8/10

LS: This one was one of my most anticipated & BOY it did not disappoint. It’s a beautiful ballad & is one of the strongest in my opinion. The lyrics are highly evocative & reek of all things love. The ups & downs, the sex, the emotion, the thrill, those once in a lifetime moments, & the vulnerability of it all. She pours out her heart in every sense & it is her signature love song. It’s also one of the most emotional on the record. You feel the hope in her voice even though it sounds worn out & tired. She’s almost given up on love, but still she holds on, because what makes the love song is just the sweetest thing one can have. & Who would want to miss out on that?

10/10

CG: The black sheep of the album. She’s the girl you gotta watch out for. She’s there playing coy & boom she just fucked & stole your man. One of the most exciting tracks on the album & it’s also one of the cutest ones as well. It kinda feels like an extension to Love Song. Yet in the opposite sense. This song feels like it embodies the rage, lust, & abuse in the relationship. Although, it still remains hopeful & emotional. It’s a disappointment that we only got 3 new lines, but instrumentally it’s a standout & that’s what saves the track from getting an 8. 9/10

HTD: I was super excited for this one & was super hesitant at first when I found out it became a trap ballad. It’s one of her most emotional songs. Yet, I was not dissatisfied with it. I feel like the production made it more interesting & completely changed the emotion it evoked. Instead of hopelessly sad it’s actually bittersweet. She’s letting go of her past & instead of making it sad. She made it with a Christmas jingle. It’s not always bad to let go. To have those memories alone is an accomplishment. She’s hopeful for the future as well & is reassuring her lover. So it makes sense to make it happier. Her life is finally at peace. 10/10

CA: The biggest throwback of them all, it felt like it belonged to UV & that’s probably cause it’s about Barrie. I have no doubt she will always love him. If he got better I feel she’d drop any man she had for him. Even though it was a taxing relationship, she shared some harder moments with him & they both would nurture each other in their darkest moments. A bond like that is nearly unbreakable. Her passion & sincerity reeks through the audio. Dare I say, she seems happy in the second verse. As if she can guarantee to him that she has him & that she knows with her he will be alright & happy. It’s undoubtedly one of her most honest songs to date. The song is almost a begging for him to return so she can help him. I don’t view it as calling the love crazy, but rather calling the fact that he’s still sad crazy. She wants the best for him, & will refuse to see him sad again. A stellar track overall. 10/10

TNBAR: Although it’s a LFL outtake, I feel Barrie is what caused the inclusion. Upon reading the letter, it’s almost as if it breathed new life into the song & gave her a sense of clarity. She realizes it was both of their faults that the record ended & instead of it being a diss song like the original was it’s both a reflection & wishful song of what could be if they were together now. She still has a soft spot for him & the song oozes this with its emotion. It’s filled with desperation & a need. It’s bitter in a different sense & it’s still amazing. It flows perfectly with its former & latter tracks & feels like the intestine of the record. 10/10

TG: This song feels the most tense on the record. In the verses it’s almost like she’s making sure to not talk faster & once it hits the chorus she lets loose. She’s messed up & you can feel it. I’ve noticed the more angrier songs she’s written & sadder stuff has guitar. The song is no exception. She’s at a loss with everything! From Barrie to Kanye to Herself. She’s on the edge of losing her mind. The emotion on this one is heavy & drips. It’s one of her most provocative songs & should be regarded as such. It’s so honest yet so heartbreaking all at once. 10/10

BT: This song is one of the most carefree songs she’s done. It’s optimistic & sweet. It feels like Iove on the brain by Rihanna. She’s willing to be covert n do stuff for her lover. It’s the most tender song on the album. Talking about her friends in the verses & lover in the chorus. She’s describing her day to day life in LA & the the hope she had for her love & the lengths she’s willing to go for him. Yet still keeping her own self in line by not breaking sobriety. She sings Bartender like it’s something seductive especially with the “t-t-t’s”. It feels like she’s been caught & she’s reached the peak. 10/10

HIAB: The most bittersweet song on the album. The song oozes regret & the lack of care. It’s mournful & sad yet still hopeful. It’s the end, but all she wants is a dance. The song feels like transformation from exiting a relationship to being single. She’s craving him in the chorus n pre chorus. Yet she realizes happiness is fleeting & knows that as it leaves it’ll land on others & eventually make its way back. She knows she’ll get the dance, just not now. 10/10

HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI: Her saddest song on the record. It’s one of the most personal songs on here. The piano flows as it recalls her self criticism & aspirations. She’s yearning throughout the song for more & you can feel it. Like a child running through a forceful wind. As someone said on here, she ends the album during the climax. It feels like a breaking point, but also a moment of clarity. The lyrics are honest & brutal. A standout definitely. With ending hoping for reality. She has the hope, but will it become real? That’s what I find it to be asking.

10/10

Overall: 95/100

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

This thread was fun, I’ll miss it!!!

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You