Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

AND REMEMBER WHEN SHE SAID SHE WOULD PUT OUT A NO ALBUM SONG IN OCTOBER

Now that I've fortunately calmed down, can we address that? I have a hunch that it was one of those, for sure

ZKcaooE.png

Now that I've fortunately calmed down, can we address that? I have a hunch that it was one of those, for sure

I think you’re onto something. I hope she actually releases them as a small EP together or double single

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Yosemite, Architecture and RBFY are officially DEAD

These new songs + the other songs she’s teased from NFR already make up like 10/11 of the tracks

these are just fun tracks she wrote with Jack as far as we know- they might be little standalones but they probably aren't on album

shittalk my baby yosemite one more fucking time you backyard hose nozzle

I guess the reason why I feel the energy of all the songs she's teased so far, so much, is because of the heartfelt lyricism. Even if Venice Bitch is not that deep and even though I didn't really connect with Sylvia Plath's acapella, MAC, Happiness Is A Butterfly, Cinnamon, How To Dissapear and now Hey Baby Blue and Stupid For Feeling So Happy, they all remind me of her acoustic songs from her Lizzy days in the sense that's she's trying to be a poet/writer more than a building up a great composition for the songs. Don't get me wrong, Jack's production has been amazing so far with all the delivered tracks, they are amazing even when the songs are not trying to sound grandiose like BTD songs did, or raw like UV was, or cinematic like Honeymoon, or whatever LFL's vibe was(no tea, no shade, i luv all my baes), they're trying to reach out to the listener with the lyrics and the chill vibe we've all been loving sonically. 

I'm so glad Lana's taking this direction and hope she keeps the same energy for when we finally listen to the whole album <3

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Hey Baby Blue reminds me of Alphabet Boy (a Melanie Martinez song).

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hears it.

giphy.gif

Hey Baby Blue reminds me of Alphabet Boy (a Melanie Martinez song).

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hears it.

If you're talking about the fast one I definitely see it which confuses me as AB is one of my least favourites from CB but this Lana song is one of my fav songs from her

ZKcaooE.png

Norman Fucking Rockwell: Song Information

Released songs:

Mariner's Apartment Complex

- Venice Bitch

NFR tracks yet to be released:

- How To Disappear*

- Cinnamon*

- Sylvia Plath*

- Norman Rockwell

- Happiness Is A Butterfly*

Wild Card Songs:

- Architecture*

- Roses Bloom For You*

- Yosemite*

- Bartender

- Talking Like An Answering Machine

- Mary (Mind Of Mine)

Other/???:

- Hey Baby Blue*

- Stupid For Feeling So Happy*

- MGK feature*

- Jessie Rutherford studio date

*Heard in some capacity via snippet/tease/live performance

Other/???:

- Hey Baby Blue*

- Stupid For Feeling So Happy*

- MGK feature*

- Jessie Rutherford studio date

Nnnn you have these two amazing songs and then MKG... I had totally forgot about him, dubious about being remembered

ZKcaooE.png

Nnnn you have these two amazing songs and then MKG... I had totally forgot about him, dubious about being remembered

MKG is like a sleeping cancer cell you're hoping doesn't wake up or infect any of the nearby perfection...forever looming, his own LDR-universe version of a lovecraftian horror..stay dormant miss kelly

The title of that Stupid song speaks for itself. Ew

Hey Blue Baby has some pretty vocals there. Nothing groundbreaking but nice to hear her sing. Lyrics aren't the best by any means but since it's just a standalone track I didn't expect the context to be anything special. Probably a good choice on her part to exclude it from the album but then again she's supposedly readying that MGK track for the record so her decisions remain ridiculous regardless

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Is it hey blue baby or hey baby blue ? 

Anyway, the song has so much potential its a shame it wont be on the album cos already everybody loves it and its litteraly the kind of music her label wants

tumblr_inline_mxrd75iM7k1rdm7zw.gif

okay what did i miss

i already heard the country tracks but what info did i miss

they're not for NFR, supposedly she said she's almost done with the album

probably mixing/engineering the tracks before label demands final sequencing in the coming weeks 

i jus posted a song list to document what we've heard, have, could get, and one-offs

they're not for NFR, supposedly she said she's almost done with the album

probably mixing/engineering the tracks before label demands final sequencing in the coming weeks 

i jus posted a song list to document what we've heard, have, could get, and one-offs

well I'm glad because I don't like them at all lol especially the Stupid one.

I really hope the album is released sometime  next month ugh