Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This is kinda going back to the Gods & Monsters discussion but it's still on my streaming service.. and I can listen to it! I don't know what's going on .... Steam Paradise so Lana doesn't have to use her Cherry video scraps this era  :makeup:

WGe8ynS.gif

Why do people think Art Deco is specifically about Azealia Banks? Not in a mean way but like how did that rumor even start?

because its about a ghetto person and azealia is the only ghetto person lana knows

it seems like such a hard song for her to get right live, idk why :/

I think from my ears, the song has notes that are easy to go flat, like the transitions from the chorus, the post chorus. And I think it's like a pretty awkward key that it's sung in, I wanna say, in like B? Idk but it's easy to sing the song itself flat, bc of the subtle transitions in it imo

The message would be beautiful tho, especially for this particular event

UV/Honeymoon

And the drama unfolds... « She will scrap everything and it will be LFL 2.0 again and postpone it to the end of times »

Poor little fragile souls suffering some sorta PTSD with LFL. Remember one thing: She owes us nothing.

Sure, I crave for new Lana all the time but at least, now, we knoweheb it will happen. Sure, it’s a very long pre-release period and an lliogical one. But if we look back on things, since 2011, she gave us 4 LP, 1 EP, a couple of soundtrack songs and many collabs, which is more than many artists.

So keep calm and carry on, guys. Go enjoy Christmas and the rest of your life.

She doesn’t owe us but she needs us, I’ve spent $1000+ on her since 2012. Fans keep her afloat and provide her with pay checks...without us she’s fucked really because the general public sure as hell don’t seem to care much about her, and have gone to sleep on 95% of her music after the Born To Die era. So it’s in her interest to not alienate her fans too much with stuff most of them don’t want. It’s a balance between her musical freedom and also pleasing her fan base.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

fact: i have not been able to enjoy a single song beside VB since its release. making me wait until march until i can possibly enjoy music again is cruel

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

She doesn’t owe us but she needs us, I’ve spent $1000+ on her since 2012. Fans keep her afloat and provide her with pay checks...without us she’s fucked really because the general public sure as hell don’t seem to care much about her, and have gone to sleep on 95% of her music after the Born To Die era. So it’s in her interest to not alienate her fans too much with stuff most of them don’t want. It’s a balance between her musical freedom and also pleasing her fan base.

This! Without her fan base she would just be "the sad girl with the big lips who sang Summertime Sadness (remix)" to the public. She's an album artist and relies on her fanbase for success, she's not a singles artist and therefore the GP don't have much of an effect on her career.

Nobody said she owes us an album, we're just excited for new music. Don't get why people complain about fans wanting music from their favourite artists aha, like surely it's better than ignoring them and not caring.

Plus we all know she makes the music for herself (bar Lust For Life) therefore all she's doing for us is uploading it onto streaming services and putting a photograph on the front of a CD.

okay like one thing that we're like .. not gonna do is spread lies

1. lb users / spotify users said how this.. happens to some songs occasionally bc of licensing

2. spotify literally tweeted about how this is a common licensing issue and the song should be up soon

3. it literally is online again in europe (which is where it was taken down for a few days)

so yeah

also i don't really know how lana can like.. decide that since she doesn't really fully own her stuff and is signed to multiple record labels so yeah

i76mrxw.png 

If Lana was gonna remove any song from her back catalogue on streaming services, it would be Cola. I don't agree that it should be removed but if one was going to go by choice it would be that one.

okay like one thing that we're like .. not gonna do is spread lies

1. lb users / spotify users said how this.. happens to some songs occasionally bc of licensing

2. spotify literally tweeted about how this is a common licensing issue and the song should be up soon

3. it literally is online again in europe (which is where it was taken down for a few days)

so yeah

also i don't really know how lana can like.. decide that since she doesn't really fully own her stuff and is signed to multiple record labels so yeah

An intelligent post? On LanaBoards? What has this place become???

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Did we ever get any confirmation that NFR is actually done and all tracks are like mastered and ready to go? Maybe she didn't feel happy with the current iteration of it and decided to push back the date, which could either mean rushed Garageband tracks or really refined ones with lots of time put into it

Why do we all think she's gonna change the album? Other than she did it with Lust For Life (1 out of 5 records thus far). If we do get a trap record produced by Rick with In My Feelings 2.0 aimed at Azealia Banks, I'm holding all of you responsible for doubting her and constantly mentioning it.

The album obviously wasn't finished in September, but she wanted to drop two finished songs for fans cos she felt it was the right time of year for them. She's teased several songs all sharing the same sonic palette, or at least I ain't heard any trap beats yet? The album is most likely done and she's just having a break for the holidays, maybe finalising her poetry book before the Gucci campaign and album roll out begins.

And I think the Machine Gun Kelly was probably for his project or will never see the light of day (like a lot of her songs).

Did we ever get any confirmation that NFR is actually done and all tracks are like mastered and ready to go? Maybe she didn't feel happy with the current iteration of it and decided to push back the date, which could either mean rushed Garageband tracks or really refined ones with lots of time put into it

i don't thing we ever got anything concrete regarding the album release, except for like that she's actually recording songs for it.

i76mrxw.png 

Did we ever get any confirmation that NFR is actually done and all tracks are like mastered and ready to go?

I think she said that How To Disappear was the last song, she and Jack had done, in an interview - however she didn't give detail as to whether she meant the last song recorded for the album or the most recent song they'd created.

If the March release date is true it's likely that the album is in the final stages of mastering, hence why she's so quiet on social media.

i don't thing we ever got anything concrete regarding the album release, except for like that she's actually recording songs for it.

True. I do feel like the March 19th date from mtv is plausible though, I hope she'll confirm soon

True. I do feel like the March 19th date from mtv is plausible though, I hope she'll confirm soon

I mean she said from the beginning that it would be early 2019. March 29th seems realistic enough, January is the launch of the Gucci campaign so I imagine there'll be a lot of press etc. A great opportunity to promote an upcoming album - this is when I suspect we'll get the next single and she'll start teasing song titles etc.

I feel like Lana doesn't always have an awareness of time or how long things may take... Meaning the information we get is always a bit unclear or scattered. But March was the rumoured date a few months back and now MTV seem pretty confident. 

Lust For Life was intended for May 26th and all the promotional stuff she did confirmed that date (likely given by her label) - it was Lana's personal choice to delay the album. So I'd expect March for Norman Fucking Rockwell unless she states otherwise.

It's true that the relationship goes both ways and she does need us. But let's  all be honest: if she postponed the album to 2024, we'd still stan her if the music's good. 

So tired of that "she owes us nothing" argument. No she obviously doesn't but that does not mean you can't have an opinion about her work that is not YASS QUEEN

You're right: everybody is entitled to his-her own opinion. But I'm also tired of the reaction «she's gonna scrap it, she's gonna pull out another LFL» as if it was the worst shit in the world, and as if she was always playing yoyo with the direction of her albums all the time. The March 29 date, to me, indicates that she wants to take her time and that Interscope wants a good release period of the year (probably to have a #1 album again).