Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I honestly don't mind that Lana is being so "silent" (which is actually normal for her.... she's always been like this.... people acting surprised when it's stale tea.....  :um2: ).

There's still so much of her older discography to appreciate and admire  :smile:   I never run out of things to listen to, even nearly 6 years later. I've been on a Born to Die binge lately... what a spectacular album. Absolutely classic.  It's just timeless.

Lana is the reason my boiler broke, 

She used her 'hocus pocus' witchcraft and made the world go cold.

Seriously why is she so dead, she's 33 not 97...

She's never been very active around the Holiday season, except for the «Christmas» post each year. 

I get very strong vibes for NFR (the song) being track 3, which makes me sad because I don’t want her to break the pattern of having the title track being in the first two tracks

The tracklisting is kinda blurry in my head. I get «track 3 vibes» also for NFR, but who knows? I think it might be something like this for the first tracks: Unknown track 1, MAC, NFR. 

If so, maybe she is «breaking the cycle» with this album. The songs already feel even more intimate from her previous work. Maybe to have the title track not at number 1 or 2 would «confirm» this. But I don't know, really. 

I really think MAC is gonna be the first track. It has a perfect opening instrumental, sets up the vibe of the record, and then gets us ready for what's next. Also the main reason why I don't see it anywhere else than first is because of the "are you ready for it?". It wouldn't make sense to have those lines later on the album, even on just the second track.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I'm really craving a beautiful music video from her this era, she has no excuse if she can't make a A+ cinematic visual that showcases her beauty and glamour when she's basically sponsored by Gucci  :defeated:

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I really think MAC is gonna be the first track. It has a perfect opening instrumental, sets up the vibe of the record, and then gets us ready for what's next. Also the main reason why I don't see it anywhere else than first is because of the "are you ready for it?". It wouldn't make sense to have those lines later on the album, even on just the second track.

Or maybe the last song?

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Well, i would prefer if she uses a whole new opening track which continues from get free. And have it be the transition point, perhaps using the sounds of the ocean and that heavenly instrumental; which then suddenly moves into a more hazy and folky kind of vibe... then have it slowly fade away into MAC (being track 2) - i'm only saying this because i dont like how LFL ended on such a beautiful note, to the opening instrumental of MAC- its just not good enough and doesn't do get free any justice

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Well, i would prefer if she uses a whole new opening track which continues from get free. And have it be the transition point, perhaps using the sounds of the ocean and that heavenly instrumental; which then suddenly moves into a more hazy and folky kind of vibe... then have it slowly fade away into MAC (being track 2) - i'm only saying this because i dont like how LFL ended on such a beautiful note, to the opening instrumental of MAC- its just not good enough and doesn't do get free any justice

the get free ending is so overrated. its literally just the ocean and sea gulls. a real album outro is TIWMUG

Y'ALL i was at a shopping mall yesterday and they were playing blue jeans AND THEN last girl on earth!!!!! omg

the get free ending is so overrated. its literally just the ocean and sea gulls. a real album outro is TIWMUG

I have to laugh. Only intellectuals understand the beauty of the Get Free outro, it takes a certain level of taste. Sorry

Get Free is amazing and everyone that disagrees is ugly and has no taste in music

eyes.png?width=300&height=301

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

She confirmmed Cherry Video, Talks about the Change Video to MTV.. So its very possible they get a exclusive information again :party: :party: :party:

none of which came true...

I think I am one of the few here who doesn't care that much for a big video for this era. The songs and snippets we heard from NFR are more intimate to me, and to have a «homemade» video kinda fits the vibe. Plus her first videos were the most important ones since they helped shape her image. Nowadays, we know who she is and don't need that big budget thing to prove it (plus everybody here kinda hated the LFL videos, which were produced by a big director).

We'll get the glamour from her Gucci appearances and campaign ; the rest can be toned down, I don't care. I just want new music lol