Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The humble power and stability that is Mariner's Apartment Complex just can't be matched.

But like, please do quote me with songs that do match. I may just be overlooking them. I want to make a MAC playlist, but even Venic Bitch doesn't go there

Venic Bitch doesn't go there

you're right venice bitch doesn't go there, it goes further and better.

I've given Venice Bitch more listens but MAC is really the standout in Lana breaking through with something different. VB is sweet and gorgeous but I can get the same vibe from listening to Lana mumble around on stage.

My point is, Lana has not shown her power so maturely in any other song than MAC

I'm not interested in people thinking this is VB hate, as it absolutely isn't, I just want to know what songs and which artists have made something like MAC before.

What's so beautiful about VB is u can replay it over and over and over again, w/o having it get tired, where as MAC's something like a surprise where you wanna play it every once in a while or else it'd lose how special it is. 

Compare an average hot dog to an abusive eggplant idk

mHRPIhH.gif

UV/Honeymoon

it's venice bitch hate

Lana is the reason my boiler broke, 

She used her 'hocus pocus' witchcraft and made the world go cold.

Seriously why is she so dead, she's 33 not 97...

giphy.gif

I mean...I get why Lana is quiet. It's the holidays and she probably just wants to relax with the fam before she has to do promo. It's not long until January guys.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I've given Venice Bitch more listens but MAC is really the standout in Lana breaking through with something different. VB is sweet and gorgeous but I can get the same vibe from listening to Lana mumble around on stage.

My point is, Lana has not shown her power so maturely in any other song than MAC

I'm not interested in people thinking this is VB hate, as it absolutely isn't, I just want to know what songs and which artists have made something like MAC before.

I mean, I just heard a few songs, but perhaps Cat Power? Or at least, when MAC came out, she immediately came into my mind. You could add her in the playlist if you're still making...

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

MAC deserves more love tbh, like, I also like Venice Bitch better but MAC was really good

MAC has 20 million streams on Spotify, while VB only 12 so it's safe to say that overall her general audience likes MAC more.

Although VB being 10 minutes long and streams not being included mid-song might be a factor, idk really

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I love how her notion of love has evolved over the years in her music. When you listen to her older unreleased and even some newer songs, it's just her basically begging for the love of a man who doesn't treat her well, or who is married, or who has no time for her. Now look at the lyrics of MAC and see how she imposes herself as deserving of a deep, peaceful love. It's so beautiful.

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I get very strong vibes for NFR (the song) being track 3, which makes me sad because I don’t want her to break the pattern of having the title track being in the first two tracks

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

MAC has 20 million streams on Spotify, while VB only 12 so it's safe to say that overall her general audience likes MAC more.

Although VB being 10 minutes long and streams not being included mid-song might be a factor, idk really

I can assure you that VB being 10 minutes, it gets less streams. But MAC is better anyway so I see no problem

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~