canela

Slayyyter

my review on first listen, and these are all potentially demos i know troubled paradise had some changes from leak to release: i adore the more industrial 2019 slayyyter-y cuts (i love hollywood, erotic electronic, purrr, plastic) and slayyyter is more than capable of making an 80s synthpop song. the songs overall are much better than troubled paradise lyrically and feel more lush. the music does sound like the vibe she's giving visually right now, but tear me open and purrr have no business being on the same album. it lacks cohesion, and slayyyter once again will occasionally fall into the trap of self-seriousness she set for herself on tp with songs like girl like me. slayyyter to me does not work as an Artisté, to me she makes fun music to be drunk to and is a pretty great pop writer. but even in 2019 when she still had genuinely great pop songs, the choruses were "my pussy tastes sweet like candy" or were at the very least campy like "oh me oh my." this is a very good album, one i see myself listening to a fair amount, i really respect her growth, but there's still something that feels...kim petras-y about her trajectory. she hasn't sold her soul in the same way, not at all, but i think she's at a really interesting point in her career. i'm interested to see how this will do critically, but i don't really see commercial superstardom for her despite her clear potential. it's very good. it's cute.

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the released Miss Belladonna? It's sped up, and something is just weird about it.  The leaked alt final is way better IMO.

I enjoyed the released version more than the final alt version. On the last chorus we can hear her “opera vocals” better than on the alt leaked version which sounds a bit muddy imo. 

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the released Miss Belladonna? It's sped up, and something is just weird about it.  The leaked alt final is way better IMO.

Miss Belladonna isn’t that good in general tbh, it kinda sounds like a Electra Heart outtake. Out Of Time was much better, the production was much better

Still really good and I’m so excited for the album because the aesthetic is so cunt

On 7/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, Wait For Life said:

People saying the cover looks AI don’t realize that Slayyyter has been working with an entire production company that does sets such as the one on the cover professionally.

Nothing in the cover looks remotely AI generated…

life is still so beautiful you know!

The covers and photography style is *VERY* reminiscent of Gregory Crewdson's work. He's been producing these very dramatized, hyper-realistic, stunningly lit and very dimensional photographs that the album cover *IMMEDIATELY* reminded me of. 

People can say "womp womp AI*, but I think they forget that AI was trained on original works made by artists, and that photographers have been producing absolutely stunning images long since before AI.

Sidenote - I love on the titty cover, her ass is reflecting in the mini fridge. Like the positioning. Just mwah. :hooker:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I Love Hollywood, Erotic Electronic, Purr and Plastic and Girl Like Me can rot idc idc

Tommy, Valentine, Happy Forever, Emotional and Heartbeat Away deserved the spots instead :flutter: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

girl like me is like… her best. it’s pretty much pop perfection and sounds like it could be sisters with psychedelic switch by carly rae (french house!!!) 

not too thrilled about purr or plastic when we could’ve had tommy, operator, happy forever, valentine or make up (or love me not for that matter), but i do understand scrapping songs she explicitly wrote about her relationship with colin especially when this album is so strong thematically 

19 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

there's an Alt version?

negAbhB.png

9 minutes ago, 5layyyter said:

im so excited to hear tear me open final version. i wonder if it sounds any different from the leak

Me too that’s the one I’m most excited for. It’s my most streamed of her unreleased. Also My Body I am obsessed with