canela

Slayyyter

I don't think any of her songs are bad, but if I had to choose the weakest, I'd give the prize to Serial Killer.

I was very pleased that this page re-uploaded the full day of Austin City Limits. I've left the exact marking of Slayyyter's entrance, for those who are interested. 

Honestly if theres any one thing I'd have to majorly critique this era its been the live performances. When she performs Miss Belladonna or My Body she always does a great job but I don't think shes figured out how to make I Love Hollywood or Erotic Electronic work on a stage setting. These aren't really songs you can "sing" so I just think she needs to figure out a better way to perform them.

My DJ Owen Jackson produces a lot of my music too, he’s the best. He did some work on a couple songs for the album, and another one that I will hopefully put out soon.

Are you into the idea of a deluxe album?

I wish I could do a deluxe with six or seven songs that are demos from this project, but at this point it might be nice to tie it up with two more. Maybe in the future I’ll drop more music in this universe, but I need to shift gears, and I’m about to go on tour.

A lot of my demos have leaked too, so I’m not itching to put them out because the surprise is already ruined. Everything leaked!

What is the deal with all these leaks?

Girl, I do not know. Someone is tapped…I don’t want to point fingers, but I feel like someone is tapped. I never send music to anyone, I don’t even share it with my friends. I’m so careful, I make sure my producers are aware of scam emails and that they need to keep it to themselves.

I never upload to a cloud or drive, I keep it all filed in a safe place and people somehow still get my stuff. I don’t know how, but moving forward I hope that maybe things won’t leak as much. I’m going to start doing USB only so nothing leaks.

Do you have a rough estimate of how many songs leaked?

I feel like it’s been 50 or 60 songs. From what I’ve seen, there’s leaks from every session I’ve done making this album. Sometimes you do a session where you know at the end of the day the song you made isn’t going to come out, and now one will ever hear it, and yet it has all leaked. Even my trial and error session days.

Do we know of any of the songs that could be on the deluxe from these sessions, that are for sure produced by Owen Jackson? Might be a clue.

Otherwise it could be a brand new song for the next era already???

You seem like someone who is pretty tapped into what’s going on online

I skim the forums quite a bit.

:welcome:

I mean Ghost/Ghosttt (And Honest but that's not really her song...) is the only song of hers I truly hate. Letters, Stupid Boy, Crush On You (Cause of those aggressive synths that give me headaches) and E-boy are meh imo but still miles better :true:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

I think it's a good idea for her to revisit the mixtape because I can imagine her now feeling much more aware of the choices she's made in the last two projects, creative direction and the development of her own art as she matures. I don't know how she would transform the mixtape into a new version, if she would change lyrics, maybe remove some featuring or add new featurings. I don't know about you guys, but Starfucker has been a much-needed filter for our girl in recent times. I could be wrong, but in addition to the mixtape, I feel that she would like to remake Troubled Paradise into a more cohesive album than a singles collection. 

6 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

Honestly if theres any one thing I'd have to majorly critique this era its been the live performances. When she performs Miss Belladonna or My Body she always does a great job but I don't think shes figured out how to make I Love Hollywood or Erotic Electronic work on a stage setting. These aren't really songs you can "sing" so I just think she needs to figure out a better way to perform them.

I've noticed this from her excitement at being present at the moment. From my perspective, I feel that Slayyyter should be focusing more on vocals and how to hit the notes of the songs rather than raising the hype of the audience. I understand that she doesn't have the band to create a more complete atmosphere, but perhaps by letting the music play in the background with just background vocals and her holding a microphone, the performances will be more solid. 

I'm new around here but I just wanted to compliment how effortlessly Slayyyter evokes a ~2010s Britney sound in songs like Alone and now Tear Me Open. The breathiness, the use of head voice, the themes, even the instrumentals really feel like if hyperpop was happening back when Britney made Circus. I think Brit songs like Blur are the easiest to compare them to, but generally even for just a casual Britney fan the influence is undeniable and the success at emulating that style is incredibly impressive. I've never heard an artist say they're inspired by Britney and then go on to actually sound so much like her.

afd75b92a106afc7ae42e7c6aff46bd6.gif

5 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

Do we know of any of the songs that could be on the deluxe from these sessions, that are for sure produced by Owen Jackson? Might be a clue.

Otherwise it could be a brand new song for the next era already???

:welcome:

Where can I find this interview?

I don't think she does have a bad song but looking back I do think Serial Killer is... the weakest of them all. But the remixed version from Club Paradise where the 4\4 beat kicks in after the bridge and it does turn into a club anthem????? Mama that's gold. She knew what to do.

1 hour ago, 111 said:

which 15 year old f-words are leaking this girl's entire recording history? i wanna speak 

I don't know if this is rumor or truth, but a Taylor Swift fan friend of mine told me that when she intends to partner with an artist or producer, not only does she have her own space to use, but she carries her stuff on a single hard drive inside a metal case, I think I was told this in the Red era when she decided to make music with Ed Sheeran. Slayyyter said she intends to use USB to try and keep things personal and I support that, it might be an idea that helps her.

Ghosttt production is sooooooo good. I love those three heavy bumps that go throughout the whole track.

Its unfortunately way, way too repetitive of a song. I dont understand why there werent just some more lines / another bridge written for it.