ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

Politics

which all fell pretty flat

i love her and i'm sure she's a deep person but those songs weren't

her style is too poetic to be political. leave that to rap. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

What's wrong with this score? I didn't pay attention apparently. 

They raved the album and called it "dazzling," "stirring," "emotionally-risky," "gorgeous melodies that have never been more vidid (for the artist)," etc. There are zero critiques of the album.

It reads as a very clear rave, so it does not feel reflective of the review's spirit for the score to be as low as an 80 rather than a 100 (or 90, even).

Someone else should email them. I already tried.

They raved the album and called it "dazzling," "stirring," "emotionally-risky," "gorgeous melodies that have never been more vidid (for the artist)," etc. There are zero critiques of the album.

It reads as a very clear rave, so it does not feel reflective of the review's spirit for the score to be as low as an 80 rather than a 100 (or 90, even).

Someone else should email them. I already tried.

Do u have an e-mail? I will send them a message. 

giphy.gif

i've been real busy with college and struggling to keep up but i yelled so hard when i saw the pitchfork score, gotta take time to read it carefully, and i'm so happy it got back to 88 but i really wish she could get that sweet 90, it's truly what she deserves

I'm so happy with the 88, but the publications left are some of the toughest ones towards her. The 405, Exclaim, Tiny Mix Tapes, Spin, Q Magazine, Under the Radar, Quietus, Record Collector, Uncut, Chicago Tribune (if he reviews, score will be low for sure), etc.