ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

Lana has the biggest chance for Album of The Year if they don't give that to her then-

Then the Grammys are fucking over

This!!

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The Grammys are more about politics and connections than about anything else. Did y'all see how much ass-kissing campaigning Kacey had to do to win AOTY? She was on every TV show in The US at least twice. She had insane hype machine behind her, big connections and big label support. Lana doesn't stand a chance in the slightest when her own label isn't willing to stand 100% behind her. Don't get your hopes up.

a dream... literally a dream

Also, which of y'all wrote this? bc ur a queen

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/03/lana-del-rey-is-the-ultimate-sad-girl-and-i-never-want-her-to-change-10676397/

I agree. They mention Hozier in the review and she’s right, he can be praised by everyone for using words in the most wonderful way to describe a melancholic romance or being horny while the world is being destroyed. Female artists and singers have for a long time been forced to always smile, sing happy songs, be flirty and sexy. Lana has really changed that - she can be flirty, sexy and tell you a story of the worst romance ever. It’s about time people wake up and understands that that’s ok too.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Grammys are more about politics and connections than about anything else. Did y'all see how much ass-kissing campaigning Kacey had to do to win AOTY? She was on every TV show in The US at least twice. She had insane hype machine behind her, big connections and big label support. Lana doesn't stand a chance in the slightest when her own label isn't willing to stand 100% behind her. Don't get your hopes up.

But her label is behind Lana, or else they would never have let her release an album with “fucking” in between a famous American painter or let her write songs about things that matter to her? They could totally have forced her to become a pop gal, force her to sing someone else’s lyrics and let someone write the melodies for her? But thank gawd Lana would never accept that, or else I doubt she would like to stay in the industry much longer. Or that she’d even have a long career.

Promoting artists is another thing. Sure, we’d love more magazines covers and interviews, but I really do think Interscope supports her. Just look how well she’s doing even without the kind of promo other artists has.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Pitchfork was added and only raised the score by a point :deadbanana:

But the other three haven't been added yet.

There are ony those 3 left? I mean I know it's gonna be more but those 3 we know about. 

giphy.gif

I didn't know who she is before Grammy nom tbh. But yeah I have hope is a dangerous thing for a man like me but I have it.   :defeated: 

giphy.gif

Say whatever you want about the Grammys, I still hope she wins one, just because she does care about receiving it, as she has mentioned in a recent interview. 

But grammys or no grammys, I'm just happy she is getting more and more recognition and praise for her work, especially more with NFR!

nF70D0F.png

But her label is behind Lana, or else they would never have let her release an album with “fucking” in between a famous American painter or let her write songs about things that matter to her? They could totally have forced her to become a pop gal, force her to sing someone else’s lyrics and let someone write the melodies for her? But thank gawd Lana would never accept that, or else I doubt she would like to stay in the industry much longer. Or that she’d even have a long career.

Promoting artists is another thing. Sure, we’d love more magazines covers and interviews, but I really do think Interscope supports her. Just look how well she’s doing even without the kind of promo other artists has.

I'm not talking about promo, I'm talking about numerous rumors about them postponing the album. We don't know for sure what went on behind the scenes but I don't trust the Interscope.