ilovetati

NFR Metacritic/Review Thread

Let's see what this dumbass has to say...  :fabcat:

Oh wow Mr. Fantano knew who the target audience of this video was and he decided to serve... those arms are might delicious  :hooker:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

his score was good but his end opinions ruined it.

doin time off the record? sure

cinnamon girl? absolutely not

venice bitch instrumental? is it crack?

but i respect him a lot for going into it so level headed. i’m glad ldr is finally receiving the respect she’s deserved her entire career

I read the review Lana was so angry at and :rip: She's so stupid.

I must admit it was a very, um, unnecessary review? Just a bunch of words and endless comparisons. It kind of made no sense at all.

I read the review Lana was so angry at and :rip: She's so stupid.

I must admit it was a very, um, unnecessary review? Just a bunch of words and endless comparisons. It kind of made no sense at all.

i feel the review was really well written actually, and it definitely had more praise than criticism. she even acknowledged lana’s place in the music industry and the influence she has. i’m honestly baffled as to what lana found so objectionable in such a tame article

i don’t know i just think hating on reviewers for doing their job by analyzing and criticizing pieces of media isn’t the best idea (unless they’re being disingenuous or racist/misogynistic ofc)

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

i feel the review was really well written actually, and it definitely had more praise than criticism. she even acknowledged lana’s place in the music industry and the influence she has. i’m honestly baffled as to what lana found so objectionable in such a tame article

i don’t know i just think hating on reviewers for doing their job by analyzing and criticizing pieces of media isn’t the best idea (unless they’re being disingenuous or racist/misogynistic ofc)

I didn't get the point of the review tbh

Fantano gave a Lana record an 8/10 wow we have truly won. That’s pretty good from him. Lol. Work @ Happiness being one of his favorite tracks. It’s what the song deserves. Love Song, NFR, and Cali too. I’d say his pointing out of the poetry line in bartender is fair, but I think the song is good enough to overcome that one moment of questionable lyricism. I agree Doin Time is superfluous, though I don’t hate it, and while agree cinnamon girl is technically one of the weaker songs overall the chorus is amazing and the vocals and production are PERFECT. It’s still 100% worthy of a spot on the album. It’s the song everyone seems to be talking about.

I didn't get the point of the review tbh

it was probably intended for general music fans who only have a basic knowledge of who lana del rey is, not us diehard stans. sorta of to highlight what’s good and what’s bad abt her music and where her place in the music industry is i think

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

it was probably intended for general music fans who only have a basic knowledge of who lana del rey is, not us diehard stans. sorta of to highlight what’s good and what’s bad abt her music and where her place in the music industry is i think

if that was the case then she made her look like a clown tbh

I said this in the other thread, but:

LDR was viciously and unjustly attacked for years for the most misogynist of reasons - it's understandable why she's sensitive to criticism, especially ones that allude to a disproven conspiracy theory about authenticity and appearance. HOWEVER, I think it's best when she continually lets her fantastic music do the talking in disproving the early criticisms. She made herself look really bad responding to an article that was mostly positive in such a condescending manner.

As far as the controversy - It's very telling for me that she received such significant criticism early on and now - when she releases her most overwhelmingly acclaimed album - suddenly, there's a narrative from music journalists that she's been immune to criticism. Quite revisionist.