Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,019 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Whoa whoa whoa. Sorry bc I love those versions too, from where did ya get it, and which continent if thats not too much to ask?

Argentina - South America  :ohno: I really wonder why digital and physical versions are different, she never mentioned that  :ohno:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

The Greatest

Bartender

California

Venice Bitch

Mariners Apartment Complex

Norman Fucking Rockwell

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Love Song

Cinnamon Girl

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Fuck It I Love You

The Next Best American Record

Doin' Time

How To Disappear

I don't make the rules

Nothing but the truth!

I actually can't stop listening to TNBAR. The demo lyrics are still objectively better but I'm kind of digging the new ones. The way she sings I just want to party with you is so lizzy grant sultry :rip: idk TNBAR feels like an unexpected sad hoe anthem  :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I just finished my first listen of the album and can say it is for sure a mastepiece :defeated:

I loved NFR, FIILY, Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, California, TNBAR, The Greatest and Bartender and HIAB I liked more than I thought I would. I read people saying about HTD but I never noticed anything and forgot at the time to listen to what people said about it when it was on I was just remembering "oh this is that song" as I cant remember if I even played it before or only read the lyrics.

Argentina - South America  :ohno: I really wonder why digital and physical versions are different, she never mentioned that  :ohno:

Oh awww but hm well congrats!! Idk if u like those versions, but I have a feeling those versions are gonna be real sought out by collectors in the long run, have fun w em! :) 

and no idk too. I'm waiting for the physical that I'm getting from a ticket purchase, the checkered neon vinyl, and urban's pink vinyl atm. I might visit the music shop and get one, but I really don't have to. 

Has anyone been to Lana's surf shop? I kinda wanna go, but I'm too nervous to go alone, nd I don't have anything current for her to sign, if she's even there, if she's even signing stuff  :crai: would been perfect to go w someone bc I know they'll like the area too, but stuff I get it  :crai:

Edit: I'm being a little bitch, imma go this weekend or something, fingers crossed 

UV/Honeymoon

my thoughts on the album now that I'm off mod queue lol!:

1. California is my favorite track

2. Cinnamon is amazing but a little underwhelming 

3. I miss BAR and don't really like the new chorus for TNBAR. I think the old one would fit soo well with the NFR themes

4. MAC/VB are still amazing, but are a little worn out to me

5. I am playing HIAB a lot more often than I thought I would! It's such an easy track to listen to!

6. NFR, the song, is in my top 5 favorite tracks on this record. It's such a nice song to listen to and I love the subtle humor of it

7. Hope is an amazing album closer and one of the best songs on the record. I know it's an unpopular opinion but now that we know much of the backstory to the track, it's hard to say it's not good or interesting just because it's so stripped back.

8. Love Song is beautiful but that second verse isn't as good as the first 

9. I have played HTD once and probably won't willingly listen again...

10. I love this record so much

This is not a slight at all against the rest of the record (because I've done nothing but blast it all the past 24 hours), but Venice Bitch is still the most exciting song on it all, and a career standout, and I've been listening to it repeatedly for a whole year  :defeated:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

my thoughts on the album now that I'm off mod queue lol!:

1. California is my favorite track

2. Cinnamon is amazing but a little underwhelming 

3. I miss BAR and don't really like the new chorus for TNBAR. I think the old one would fit soo well with the NFR themes

4. MAC/VB are still amazing, but are a little worn out to me

5. I am playing HIAB a lot more often than I thought I would! It's such an easy track to listen to!

6. NFR, the song, is in my top 5 favorite tracks on this record. It's such a nice song to listen to and I love the subtle humor of it

7. Hope is an amazing album closer and one of the best songs on the record. I know it's an unpopular opinion but now that we know much of the backstory to the track, it's hard to say it's not good or interesting just because it's so stripped back.

8. Love Song is beautiful but that second verse isn't as good as the first 

9. I have played HTD once and probably won't willingly listen again...

10. I love this record so much

accurate

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF