Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

what details? i feel like it’s only ever LB that seem to complain about dumb stuff like this. sometimes things that don’t sound conventional are done for effect (IE. heroin - white noise)

The clipping sound at the beginning of HtD, volume levels in FIILY (german vers) and Cinnamon Girl on the first verse (im not sure if it is the mic or something)

also, on TNBAR they didn’t cut the delay on 1:21.

the "fame" background effect they forgot to remove in TNBAR is so annoying... it seems as if they didnt even bother to listen to the final version before releasing it  :toofunny:

RIGHT! UGHHH

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Listen, buddy, I’m just trying to express my opinion on the album and pointing out the flaws of it. I’m not trying to argue so you can keep your shady attitude to yourself. Everyone who hasn’t complained about the mixing simply have not noticed it. Some people have good ear for music (I don’t have a good ear for music either but you can still determinate those little details of you know what i’m talking about). It has nothing to do with taste. If you really wanna fight with someone go to the Charli XCX thread or just yell at your pillow. I’m just trying to be nice. If you can’t have a normal conversation on a forum, just log out!

Take it easy sweetie, what sensitive you are my gosh.

The clipping sound at the beginning of HtD, volume levels in FIILY (german vers) and Cinnamon Girl on the first verse (im not sure if it is the mic or something)

also, on TNBAR they didn’t cut the delay on 1:21.

RIGHT! UGHHH

tnbar kind of has a weird place in purgatory now but i don’t find the levelling that off? i feel like cinnamon feels a little off but i’m 100% certain it’s just that the other verses feel off beause they’re new? that might be a dumb way of putting it though. when i scrub to random points it feels relatively consistent other than some of the chorus vocals but i presume the lightness was suppose to sound intentional because of the contrast in sound from the instrumental (ballad verse, floaty and lighter chorus).

i also can’t really hear the clipping that much and anything i can hear sounds a intentional from what i would presume (from the most part?)

tnbar kind of has a weird place in purgatory now but i don’t find the levelling that off? i feel like cinnamon feels a little off but i’m 100% certain it’s just that the other verses feel off beause they’re new? that might be a dumb way of putting it though. when i scrub to random points it feels relatively consistent other than some of the chorus vocals but i presume the lightness was suppose to sound intentional because of the contrast in sound from the instrumental (ballad verse, floaty and lighter chorus).

i also can’t really hear the clipping that much and anything i can hear sounds a intentional from what i would presume (from the most part?)

yes, it’s hard to listen to those details. I couldn’t hear them through my phone and on my headphones until I played the album on my car (the stereo is amazing and let me listen to the songs clearly). That’s where I realized there was something off. Is not the whole record just some songs.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

the "fame" background effect they forgot to remove in TNBAR is so annoying... it seems as if they didnt even bother to listen to the final version before releasing it :toofunny:

Not to mention the filter left on her voice from the verses :rip:. I swear TNBAR is the laziest worst rework I’ve heard. Keeping the instrumental literally the same, keeping old verse vocals, the “fame” reverb leftover from half-assed re-recording, unnecessarily “overhauling” the pre-chorus and chorus with inferior and unrelated lyrics when the original song would’ve fit the record perfectly; it’s a hot mess if there ever was one. The 2016/2017 version outsold and it isn’t even close.

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/lana-del-rey-new-album-white-hot-forever-norman-fucking-rockwell-release-date-tracklist-a9084746.html

In case anyone missed it!

“I’ve already written parts of it,” the artist told. “It’s called White Hot Forever. I feel like it probably will be a surprise release sometime within the next 12 or 13 months.” 

She added: “I’m really excited right now. I don’t want to take a break.

the "fame" background effect they forgot to remove in TNBAR is so annoying... it seems as if they didnt even bother to listen to the final version before releasing it :toofunny:

My interpretation of it: Lana says that they were writing the next best American record because they were just that good. And I take the echoing backing vocals as a voice inside Lana's head that reminds her that they did it for fame. As someone else said, this album seems to be a juxtaposition of the cruel reality of the world and an idyllic relationship inside Lana's mind. TNBAR is one of the songs she idealises the relationship but deep down she knows it's not that good. The idealisation is saying they were writing because they were amazing, they were matching like fire and gasoline, but the truth is, they did it for fame.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

TNBAR sounds really good to me. I mean sure, the new lyrics are a little out of place but the sound and melody is still there. Plus I love how she added the Eagles line towards the end, that was a nice touch.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The signed cd's in the UK haven't ruddy shipped yet. With LFL i had it on the day of release! (Star Is Born took 10 months - lazy cow gaga)

may i add that on the US iTunes Chart...

NFR! is #2 right below Tool and right above Taylor

Doin’ Time music video is #1 on iTunes also

i’m so proud of her!!!

People really thought Taylor would have overshadowed her but Miss thing came thru! :party:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven