Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I'm a singer-songwriter and producer for a living. There's a lot of technical issues with the mixing + the master is weak for some songs. But if you wanna deny it idc, whatever helps you cope lol. I love the record by the way, but I'm not deaf.

finally someone with a brain! thank you

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Are the Green Lime LP and UO Exclusive LP delayed?

I went on her official canadian store (shop.umusic.ca) and on UO canadian website and the release date is now September 5th.

Anyone got these items already?

I'm real happy that shes excited and doesnt wanna stop w music, not just bc we're gonna b able to listen to all of it when she decides to release it, but. I'm glad that shes in a happier place, at least career wise. It almost offsets how sad NFR is, and that takes away some of my worry. That being said, still wanna drown in this record, so so MUCH and imma do just that. Thanks Lana

Are the Green Lime LP and UO Exclusive LP delayed?

I went on her official canadian store (shop.umusic.ca) and on UO canadian website and the release date is now September 5th.

Anyone got these items already?

I think they might b, the urban version's gonna ship on the 5th and it peeves me, bc i could just drive and pick one up today in store. :/

UV/Honeymoon

2. bartender is such an interesting and gorgeous song omg. HOWEVER...the bar-t-t-t-ender part is nails-on-a-chalkboard painful .

yeah....the song would be perfect if it didnt have that  :smh:  it's my least favorite on the album so far..

in the future, im gonna stop listening to album snippets, cuz out of the whole album, only 3 were actually new to me and so the release was kind of underwhelming  :toofloppy:

cinnamon girl is so beautifully produced (damn that btd-esque drop) that it almost stands out TOO much on record for me...like it's like she's that girl that is way TOO pretty hanging out with a bunch of cute girls and you're like damn she stands out too much making all these other girls look like boogers. I will say that you girls gassed up Jack just way too much it almost mirrors the message she has with NFR where it's about this guy who thinks he's a genius but he rlly ain't.

If she wanted to have some cute piano ballads emlie haynie and rick know how to do that without it being a bore and leave you hanging but this album is WAY prettier than LFL phew...California has that kind of hazy melancholic sad girl shit that UV embodies...like that chorus is so intense it really has that powerful feeling UV conveys but I really hate the messily layered vocals for the verses it makes the song feel like a demo I had this problem with Heroin  but when that chorus hits...    :defeated:

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Cinnamon GIrl's outro reminds me a lot of Born To Die's intro and outro

Saaaaaame. I love how Cinnamon Girl's outro mirrors the strings from Love Song - it gives me flashbacks to the outro of Off To The Races mirroring the intro of Born To Die  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

Tool blocking Lana in most markets and getting better reviews even though they just released a subpar album... the gays really lost this time...

that's misogyny babes! these washed up post-rockers can release the same album over and again and get all the acclaim, but Lana ain't shit because botox and name change

Tool blocking Lana in most markets and getting better reviews even though they just released a subpar album... the gays really lost this time...

I mean it's their come back after 13 years

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I guess she was looking for the Sublime van so she can sell ice cream in it? .

Also Bartender is so breathtakingly beautiful. It gives a vivid imagery,such a sad song with desperate vibes...the feeling that your love might end