Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Marketing and PR team of Lana is on fire these days. So many back to back interviews, she’s back on the game I guess or she’s preparing for something later, maybe a bigger success with white hot forever

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Marketing and PR team of Lana is on fire these days. So many back to back interviews, she’s back on the game I guess or she’s preparing for something later, maybe a bigger success with white hot forever

theyre making up for the year they were hibernating  :flutter:

. Also Love song made me cry. Makes me think of my boyfriend, can’t wait to play it for him when he gets home.

oh the life i wish i had

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 ways to immediately improve HTD:

- have her repeat « I’m always gonna be right here, no one’s going anywhere »

Thissssss, really would make the song that much better for me. I honestly don’t mind the jingle bells and current production. It’s interesting and gives it character but the ending lacks that last little bit. When she performed it live I loved when she sang that line twice. They really missed a great opportunity there. Something that simple could have elevated that song so much more!

It’s the second day (feels like the third since I stayed up until 3 AM playing the album) and each time I play California, I feel like crying. I don’t know why, but shit. It’s something special about it, I swear, every. single. time. Maybe it’s my favorite because it makes me feel things but ugh, I honestly can’t pick a favorite on this record.

i said it once... and i'll keep saying it… 

Norman fucking Rockwell!

by Lana Del Rey

OFFICIAL B E S T TRACKS!

#1  Venice Bitch,

#2     California

she.

knew.

what.

she.

was.

doing.

:crying5:

I will say I absolutely LOVE the lyrical flow/story progression from HTD to California. It’s makes it that much more meaningful to me.

california is something special... i really love how she details what she would do if she finds him again in the chorus, its like shes begging him to come back. and the vocal layering is beautiful too.

its like the blackest day but way more intense  :defeated:

My favourite part of Love Song is the outro where she sings

The taste, the touch, the way we love

It all comes to to make the sound of our

Love Song

:oprah: :trisha: :wowcry:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Real talk, what is it about Venice Bitch that sends it to the top of everyone's lists? I love it - the instrumental and her vocals are beautiful, and it’s in the top half of my rankings, but the lyrics - while nice enough - I find a bit lacking in substance. For me it’s easily beat by Cinnamon, California, The Greatest, Happiness, and Bartender

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Real talk, what is it about Venice Bitch that sends it to the top of everyone's lists? I love it - the instrumental and her vocals are beautiful, and it’s in the top half of my rankings, but the lyrics - while nice enough - I find a bit lacking in substance.

it's a once in a career kind of song… a magnum opus. that psychedelic sound was brand new to us. venice bitch itself can be fairly described as mood music since that's literally the point, and i definitely use it as such all the time. even pull up the video. probably get lost in the mood and end up making little progress on the task at hand, but not always.

also, i'm a sucker for long ~'journey' songs and that one still blows my mind. check out: donnie darko - let's eat grandma, touch - daft punk, century - feist, movies - weyes blood, for my favorite non-vb examples :kiss3:

Real talk, what is it about Venice Bitch that sends it to the top of everyone's lists? I love it - the instrumental and her vocals are beautiful, and it’s in the top half of my rankings, but the lyrics - while nice enough - I find a bit lacking in substance. For me it’s easily beat by Cinnamon, California, The Greatest, Happiness, and Bartender

i personally find the song special because it gives the listener time to think. The whisper-like vocals and the track mostly being instrumental brings up a lot of childhood memories to me.

The song has a very unique structure and you can get "lost" in it. Even now, with nearly a year of listening to it, I can't tell when shes going to start singing again or when more instruments are going to come on and play while listening to it.

Tbh I think it's because it was one of the first officially released singles since LFL and everyone ate it up out of sheer excitement so they have a positive association with the song. I mean that's partly the reason why I think it's everyone's favourite. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven