Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

VB is THAT song. It Inspired other artists to recreate music like that. It puts you into a trance and you can get lost into it and just forget all your worries...perfect for a long drive or while laying in a hammock by the sea in hot summer sun sipping Cherry Coke hehee..

Also it's really a defining move for her..to put her foot down against her label and release a 10 min song with so much instrumentals..knowing damn well that it wont chart mostly due to its length

Tbh I think it's because it was one of the first officially released singles since LFL and everyone ate it up out of sheer excitement so they have a positive association with the song. I mean that's partly the reason why I think it's everyone's favourite. 

yeah, the fact that we've had a year of memories with the song helps. that song narrated my first real apartment move-in, but first leaving my hometown and playing it every time i was with my friends in the car, rearranging their furniture, smoking and talking.

it was the end of summer tune last year and this time the whole family is h :ohsnap:ere   :crying4:

thinking about it a lot today and it's so weird to see but heartwarming at the same time that lana is so appreciated today - especially after this album release.

i remember being on twitter in like 2012-2014 when there was very little praise for her and i don't really recall that many people being nice about her or her music,

or people were always criticising her. it makes so emotional because now, she has so many fans and she's so loved, people are truly appreciating her and her art.

i'm SAD but in the best way  :crying4:

sorry if anyone else has picked up on this already but i think barrie has deactivated his instagram in the last couple of days, however the latest picture on his account i saw was taken by her so it seems that they're hanging out again  :flutter:

EDIT: didn't read back i'm an idiot lmao

ok goodbye 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

How To Dissapear playing right after Love Song and Cinnamon Girl knowing it just ruined a holy trinity concept mbK53xg.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay. I don’t like Bartender. It’s just... eh the melody, the lyrics, it’s just not really doing anything for me at all. It’s boring imo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

ngl, i know it's never gonna happen but i would really love her to release bartender as a single with a video, i find the melody of the chorus really haunting and i reckon it could be spectacular

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Bartender slander will not me tolerated

You mean bartender tea? Bc that songs just annoying its like a weird version of MTWBT. Honestly imo it’s the weakest track on the whole album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

you guys. im absolutely speechless and in love with this record. it has beaten ultraviolence for me.

i can't even rank all of the songs because every one of them is special to me?

here's my *CURRENT* top 5, keep in mind im only really listening to the new songs right now (bec i've been listening to the already released ones all fucking year lol), so those aren't in here even tho they're obviously beautiful.

1. happiness is a butterfly

2. love song 

3. the greatest / fuck it i love you (i couldn't decide lmao)

4. norman fucking rockwell

5. cinnamon girl

sis really served. all the waiting was worth it.

I honestly do not understand how people don't like Bartender? Like honestly it's one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've heard in ages

i like it a lot! the only song i don't vibe with is how to disappear but idk. it might grow on me too.

You mean bartender tea? Bc that songs just annoying its like a weird version of MTWBT. Honestly imo it’s the weakest track on the whole album

what is the correlation between batender and mtwbt?

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF